Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    oh jesus christ. hozzikostas was the one behind the early cata heroics? explains a lot.

no, it's not the team. it's this one guy who thinks his playstyle is more important than everyone else's. who thinks the way he wants to play the game is right, and everyone else is wrong. he's the example of an elitist piece of shit.

his former lawyer side comes out sometimes too, in shit like the mission table. minimum effort for maximum cash, make people pay for nothing but sitting and waiting for hours.

this is just the fact, the dude's a cunt and needs to be kicked out. he's truly been nothing but a detriment to this game.

- - - Updated - - -

when it's so blatantly obvious who it is, what they're doing, and why they're doing it, it needs to be spoke against.

if not fired, he at least needs to be relegated to nothing more than encounter design itself.
    Oh, I agree. It's generally not a good idea to go after one person. In this case, it's getting all too obvious that it's not working however.

Honestly, been farting around in 5 different characters (one healer, one tank, the dps) ranging from 850-900 and didn't even notice, nor did my girlfriend on her 898 healer, nor did any of the 30 some guildies that logged on today, talk about blowing things out of proportion O.o

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    mobs always stay as strong as we.
    Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, we will continue to outscale and become stronger than the mobs we're fighting, just at a slower pace than the insane one we were previously at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    A little scaling can make sense.

Cause, I mean, there's a hundred item level difference between high and low gear. More, even. It'll be like 200 points more after 7.3. So some scaling may not be unreasonable. However from what I hear, it's very heavy scaling.

I guess I understand Blizzard's logic a little in that, in this way, anyone can have the same experience on the Broken Shore. And if just that was current content, I guess it wouldn't be that bad. But with the mobs of other zones, which you've worked hard for to be able to kill faster, having this change too... Doesn't quite feel right.
    There is no need in gear scaling if you already have tiered zones.

Tier 1: Leveling zones (Stormheim, High Mountain, Azsuna, Val'Sharah) - Mobs scaling with level and have a cap at power level of a fresh 110 character
    Tier 2: Suramar with 2 gradients (Suramar area and Suramar City with all the Elites)
    Tier 3: Broken Shore (where they just could implement mobs which are en par with Suramar City elites or slightly harder)

This is progression in the open world.

With mob scaling with gear level, they are actually removing the MAIN REASON for gearing up characters - to become stronger and finish tasks easier / faster. If they put all characters on the same level, no matter what gear, I bet people will leave in droves.

It doesn't bother me all too much, but it makes getting dazed a bigger pita. My guess they'll remove it since everyone is having a tantrum over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Honestly, been farting around in 5 different characters (one healer, one tank, the dps) ranging from 850-900 and didn't even notice, nor did my girlfriend on her 898 healer, nor did any of the 30 some guildies that logged on today, talk about blowing things out of proportion O.o
    I personally noticed it straight away, so did a mage in my guild, but another hunter+shaman didn't notice. It's just down to personality, whether it's something you feel or not. I instantly went, "Somethings different, I'm wrecking these mobs, but I'm not wrecking them enough, I'm actually having to use defensives" Mage said the same thing when he came on later, without hearing what i said, he said he was destroying mobs, but not as much as he used to. Definitely noticable difference. But it doesn't bother me at all. We'll continue to outscale what we fight, gear will still matter, we'll still become stronger than everything soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Then you don't quite belong to the main target group for open world content.

Honestly, people, why do so many fall for the assumption that open world content should be as hard as raids, while the whole setting and gear thing are very contradicting for these settings. Open world = area for single player content (grouping optional, not mandatory, only a small amount of tactics required), great variety of gear levels (fresh max level characters up to BIS mythic raiders). Raids = content gated by groups with a specific composition, tactics are important or even very important, and you will get nowhere without a minimum item level.

Get this in your head first, then complain about world content being to easy when you steamroll it with raiding gear.

sooooooooo many cry babies and you guys do all your quests in the group hopper within seconds so whats the big deal. It would be nice if everything was hard hitting like vanilla where you dont need a group but its incentived you know cos this is an mmo.

Deleted
    I wager a guess: Those are different people?
    No i don't think so.

After years on mmo c, I can easily see through their disguise. Same people, same wacky issue and moaning.

Also sorry but your part about "cant rolfstomp mob with alt" is pure BS, there is no reason to steamroll thorugh content with your alts.
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-03-29 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Then you don't quite belong to the main target group for open world content.

Honestly, people, why do so many fall for the assumption that open world content should be as hard as raids, while the whole setting and gear thing are very contradicting for these settings. Open world = area for single player content (grouping optional, not mandatory, only a small amount of tactics required), great variety of gear levels (fresh max level characters up to BIS mythic raiders). Raids = content gated by groups with a specific composition, tactics are important or even very important, and you will get nowhere without a minimum item level.

Get this in your head first, then complain about world content being to easy when you steamroll it with raiding gear.
    Where did I complain it was easy? I just said no one really noticed a difference in world mobs. And really, if you find world mobs hard, even after 7.2s apparent changes, I got a bridge to sell you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Much better communication" yet they deliberately lied about this change becuase they were afraid people would not like it.
    Yeah, sounds great.
    Most important is, change sound awful, but is TRIVIAL. Maybe it's me, because I saw it first before I read about it. It was mistake to not telling before, because EU has patch day later and they read it before play in most cases anyway. But honestly, read most posts in this thread, would you want to cater to such crowd if you were a dev? I rather cather to normal people that don't go apeshit about every slight change.

I'm just saying, wanting to fire dev over things like that and spreading story quest/cosmetic rewards over 11 weeks is really pathetic. Why do even need cosmetic rewards if you want to hop in and out to the game anyway? It make literally zero sense.

For me "core" content is: world quest (former dailies), dungeons and raids. Things like story quest are to spice up the content, so I'm glad that I have something little different to do every week.

Didn't take long for people to point fingers and demand someone get fired. Pathetic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like where this is going, as a gamedesigner speaking.

Ofcourse people are misreading everything. This is all about nuances.

In the end, I think everyone will like it that there is a certain amount of challenge, while still feeling powerful. This is much better than oneshotting everything, feeling like a god and being SUUUUPER bored by doing so.
    Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I like where this is going, as a gamedesigner speaking.

Ofcourse people are misreading everything. This is all about nuances.

In the end, I think everyone will like it that there is a certain amount of challenge, while still feeling powerful. This is much better than oneshotting everything, feeling like a god and being SUUUUPER bored by doing so.
    Trust me
    feeling like a god and power tripping is the only reason i want gear.

if i can't out gear shit, it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Are you kidding 7 hours in and over 1k post on the official forum. This, coupled with the entire 7.2 patch being gated is a joke. This is Blizzard, not Carbine. People are rightfully pissed.
    Can't say I've noticed any difference personally. Also I'm sorry how is the "entire" patch gated? Everything is open except the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Most important is, change sound awful, but is TRIVIAL. Maybe it's me, because I saw it first before I read about it. It was mistake to not telling before, because EU has patch day later and they read it before play in most cases anyway. But honestly, read most posts in this thread, would you want to cater to such crowd if you were a dev? I rather cather to normal people that don't go apeshit about every slight change.

I'm just saying, wanting to fire dev over things like that and spreading story quest/cosmetic rewards over 11 weeks is really pathetic. Why do even need cosmetic rewards if you want to hop in and out to the game anyway? It make literally zero sense.

For me "core" content is: world quest (former dailies), dungeons and raids. Things like story quest are to spice up the content, so I'm glad that I have something little different to do every week.
    Gating is never going to be popular but thats not the point.
    Removing the main point of playing - Character progression. Now thats is just stupid and doing so and not telling people about it beforhand, lying in the QA about the very same thing and all this while you have been telling players that you are aiming to be better at communicating changes?

Yeah, thats where this guy went too far and simply needs to be removed from the dev team.

For those of you saying it doesn't matter, good for you. I'm at 903 equipped, and instead of being able to chain pull a group of mobs and aoe them down, I now have to be careful because some PoS open world trash suddenly hits me for 3/4s of my health. Yeah, that's great design, really engaging, I really wanted to get the feel of leveling in greens. /s

Edit - I want to 1 shot world mobs, because fuck world mobs, I already leveled, what's the point of getting gear if everything is going to remain a chore? Leave the scaling to challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwraith View Post
    For those of you saying it doesn't matter, good for you. I'm at 903 equipped, and instead of being able to chain pull a group of mobs and aoe them down, I now have to be careful because some PoS open world trash suddenly hits me for 3/4s of my health. Yeah, that's great design, really engaging, I really wanted to get the feel of leveling in greens. /s
    If I recall I remember people asking for mobs to hit harder again and have more HP? Guess people didn't want it after all.

Yes it's bugged and overtuned at the moment and even Blizzard admitted it.

Yeah, sorry...I guess it is what you get if you don't read stuff thoroughly. Too bad that apparently the scaling on live is unintentionally steep and that contributes to the rage (other than it was announced and contradicts what they once said, that mobs wouldn't scale).

Apparently the idea is eventually for every 5% you get stronger, mobs get 1-2% stronger.
    Honestly the scaling could have a positive effect if it works for lower ilvl gear too. My idea of this scaling system would be to have the end zones scale up to a certain ilvl (for example, non broken shore 810 and broken shore 840) that way freshly dinged toons could participate in new content straight away and other older toons don't get severely punished for overgearing it. Afterall we all know that tanaan mobs had more hp and damage than non tanaan mobs and same with timeless isle so it would work like previous expansions only with the major difference being new toons don't have to buy/craft/get carried to do new stuff. That's how I hope the technology is used in the future, rather than scrapping it entirely.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    feeling like a god and power tripping is the only reason i want gear.

if i can't out gear shit, it's pointless.
    Exactly! I don't think anyone spends weeks or months collecting gear just to see slightly higher numbers in recount.