Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    > complaints about raid content to be too easy
    > blizzard makes open world mobs harder to kill
    > random guy tells everyone to stop complaining
    > problem solved, everyone is happy

Nope. Increasing HP of mobs won't make the game harder, it will make you kill them slower. Mobs still won't scratch you in any ways and you will still be killing bajillion of them at the same time if you have raiding gear. OP, stop with the bullshit idea that increasing HP pools of mobs makes the game harder in any ways please. Oh, and tell your Blizzard overlords to do that as well, thank you. If you want to enlighten yourself in what is actually hard game, go play dark souls, the game in which the simpliest mob will kill the most geared person if that person is not playing carefully/skillfully.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nope. Increasing HP of mobs won't make the game harder, it will make you kill them slower. Mobs still won't scratch you in any ways and you will still be killing bajillion of them at the same time if you have raiding gear. OP, stop with the bullshit idea that increasing HP pools of mobs makes the game harder in any ways please. Oh, and tell your Blizzard overlords to do that as well, thank you. If you want to enlighten yourself in what is actually hard game, go play dark souls, the game in which the simpliest mob will kill the most geared person if that person is not playing carefully/skillfully.
    It does make the game harder because you have to be careful with your pulls, use interrupts, healing and your class combos, instead of just going in there by myself, Wake of ashes -> divine storm, divine storm, divine storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    It does make the game harder because you have to be careful with your pulls, use interrupts, healing and your class combos, instead of just going in there by myself, Wake of ashes -> divine storm, divine storm, divine storm.
    Bwahahaha, lolwat. Do you actually play the game, or you're ilvl700? Careful with pulls, ahahah. Thanks for the good laugh, stay classy friend. Lvl 146 troll indeed

Let me enlighten you in how actually stuff happens in the game right now. The mob has 1.6m HP for your character who wears a medium and casual 900 ilvl and has around 3.2m HP. Mob hits for ~180k per hit. You, especially as a ret pally or any other melee in legion, hit for 500+k per gcd. Sooo, it is a matter of are you killing a mob in 2 GCDs pre-7.2 or in 3 GCDs post-7.2 scaling fiasco. Woah, much interrupts use, so careful pulls indeed.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-03-29 at 11:58 AM.

I'm not on the side that sees this as a problem, but I will say that a big flaw in your argument is that you're implying that the game is getting harder.

It's really, really not...it's simply not giving you the same reliable increase in power feeling that you used to have. I'd argue in agreement with Blizzard that it's a necessary evil for the exact reasons the blue posts state (mobs need more HP so the world doesn't become a giant tag-zergfest by the end of the expansion) but nobody can pretend the game became harder.

I kinda agree and kinda dont,

We do need something more difficult in the open world, however I don' think scaling trash and mobs is the way forward,

At the same time, you shouldn't be able to nuke down 10+ mobs taking little to no damage because your getting shinies. I imagine this has been done as a way to stop people farming stupidly high amounts,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    > complaints about raid content to be too easy
    > blizzard makes open world mobs harder to kill
    > random guy tells everyone to stop complaining
    > problem solved, everyone is happy
    To be honest, all I've read about raid difficulty is "WAAA WAAAA Blizzard tuned bosses for 54 Artifact Traits".

Actually, I think I can boild that down to:

"WAAA WAAA" — The WoW Community (2004-2017)

Never change you guys

Deleted
    A lot of you bitch that things like flying trivialize game difficulty because it's another option to skip mobs, even though killing mobs at max level with good gear is trivial in itself.

A lot of you bitch that the game is too easy, caters to casuals, blah fucking blah.

But now they make item scaling for mobs so that they increase in power as you do, making the game remain as challenging as the already herp derp behind the times retarded WoW combat can be, and all of you do a 180 and proclaim how wurst deiciziun evur blizzur, omg u guyz suckkzors.

And you wonder afterwards why so many players are angry and "toxic" (disgusted) and "ranging" (frustrated) and salty (exasperated) when talking to you on the forums: because you're walking definitions of hypocrisy, and your opinions are as fluctuating as temperatures in the Sahara desert.

Make up your fucking minds, you want the game to be hard or not? Cause it sure as shit hasn't been "hard" since BC.
    Hard =/= interesting
    Hard =/= tedious
    tedious =/= interesting

Mobs with more health aren't a challenge, they are just longer to kill, thus more tedious to farm.

Challenging content = you having to adapt your gameplay to the mob you're facing. Do you adapt your gameplay to the mobs you face in wow ? Not at all and you still won't with 7.2.

Deleted
    WoW has different target groups, and in world content, they unfortunately meet. So you can either create a hard, demanding, deadly outdoor content for the uber-skilled players and piss off all casuals, new players, badly geared characters, bad players etc. - or you create a world where even the worst players can somehow get by and bore the others to a smaller or greater degree.

Since the uber-skilled players already have a chunk of content which is tailored to their needs - arena and rated BGs for PvP and mythic+ dungeons / mythic raids for PvE - it would be reasonable to have world content tailored to the other groups, thus being less demanding in terms of gear and/or skill. It's also the only area in WoW where you have single player content, which differentiates WoW from all types of MOBAs for example. Another reason not to go overboard with difficulty.

If anything, there can be areas which are more dangerous than others (higher mob density, elite mobs, better scripted AI (yeah, right)), a concept which we had since Classic (I cannot tell if the AI of mobs has developed, I guess not), usually combined with better rewards from areas with harder mobs.

This is a concept which has been working fine for so many expansions and in Classic. Don't know why they suddenly want to change that. Sometimes, change is nothing more than receipe for disaster.

I can offer you some cheese, OP. It goes well with what you apparently have an high supply of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

We do need something more difficult in the open world, however I don' think scaling trash and mobs is the way forward,

At the same time, you shouldn't be able to nuke down 10+ mobs taking little to no damage because your getting shinies. I imagine this has been done as a way to stop people farming stupidly high amounts,
    I sometimes wonder whether blizzard should remove riding mounts and run and make players only walk. I'm quite interested how absurd would be blue posts and blizzdrones nonsense on mmo-c.

Or hear this, even better idea: how about letting players online only for a hour per week. What a dream situation, no? Those damned players, how dare they farm stuff in a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    To be honest, all I've read about raid difficulty is "WAAA WAAAA Blizzard tuned bosses for 54 Artifact Traits".

Actually, I think I can boild that down to:

"WAAA WAAA" — The WoW Community (2004-2017)

Never change you guys
    People being hyper-critical of a game still charging subscriptions, on top of service fees, on top of microtransaction cosmetics in 2017. Wonder why
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Hard =/= interesting
    Hard =/= tedious
    tedious =/= interesting

Mobs with more health aren't a challenge, they are just longer to kill, thus more tedious to farm.

Challenging content = you having to adapt your gameplay to the mob you're facing. Do you adapt your gameplay to the mobs you face in wow ? Not at all and you still won't with 7.2.
    The only way to present a more challenging content in WoW via influencing mobs would be to improve their skill set and AI, which would probably blur the line between PvP and PvE a bit, but also could have an impact on the gameplay of some classes (I am especially thinking of casters vs. melee and forced spellcasting). The other way would force all players into groups, which would have a huge effect on the community and drive off all people who like to go solo most of the time. (For me, it's part of a challenge, to tackle group mobs by myself.)

Honestly, I don't understand why people whine about no challenge. Want challenge, then unequip items, like tanks who wore wedding dresses to the Onyxia fight back then in Classic. Or pull more mobs and see how much you can take at once. If you don't dare, than you should not whine.

i'm anti-flying and pro ilvl scaling.
    where is your god now?

it's almost like there's different people bitching about different things. crazy thought, i know.

Make up your fucking minds, you want the game to be hard or not?
    Yet another hurr durr type of thread where "wow community" is considered falsely some form of monolith with hive mind and only 1 opinion on everything.

Personally I think casual content should stay easy and challenging content (ranked pvp, mythic raiding, high mythic+) should stay challenging with appropriate rewards, namely easy content should reward less and hard content should reward more.

I prefer questing / dailies to be "easy", flying to be in game and daze-dismount not being a thing without paying a tax to leatherworkers, and heirlooms to be a thing, awaiting eagerly when they're upgradeable to 110. Solo content is there when you want to chill. You can't make open world content challenging because everything can be group zerged, so generally it ends up as "forced grouping", and wow rose to success for many reasons one of them being solo-friendly. Challenges need to be instances to not be zerged, many are group types (dungeons, raids, rbg, arenas etc.) but I'm also eagerly awaiting when the mage tower is built so we can see how's the solo challenge in this patch.

Any attempts at making open world content "harder" ends up as a nuisance rather than a challenge. So what's the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Then go back to TBC and Wrath, where you either could farm easy mobs for small amount of things, or harder mobs for greater amounts.

But it all goes down to the one and only culprit: RNG layers in gear. Titanforging blows item levels out of proportion, and overgearing starts much sooner than in any previous expansion. Blizzard is 100% responsible for the situation, and instead of cutting back the ridiculous items levels and develop a gear progression system which works without such an insane inflation of item levels, they just take out the nerfbat.

Also, there is a little psychological detail: It's much easier to deny people something than grant it and then take it away. Losing character power in the transition from one expansion to another is easy, because you get new mob levels etc. This is expected. But losing character power in the middle of the expansion in the areas which have been easy before, because you fucking spent time to gear up your characters is quite insulting.

A lot of you bitch that things like flying trivialize game difficulty because it's another option to skip mobs, even though killing mobs at max level with good gear is trivial in itself.

A lot of you bitch that the game is too easy, caters to casuals, blah fucking blah.

But now they make item scaling for mobs so that they increase in power as you do, making the game remain as challenging as the already herp derp behind the times retarded WoW combat can be, and all of you do a 180 and proclaim how wurst deiciziun evur blizzur, omg u guyz suckkzors.

And you wonder afterwards why so many players are angry and "toxic" (disgusted) and "ranging" (frustrated) and salty (exasperated) when talking to you on the forums: because you're walking definitions of hypocrisy, and your opinions are as fluctuating as temperatures in the Sahara desert.

Make up your fucking minds, you want the game to be hard or not? Cause it sure as shit hasn't been "hard" since BC.
    Please quote ONE person who first said its too easy and flying is bad and now is outraged that it's too hard and it should be easier. I won't hold my breath tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yet another hurr durr type of thread where "wow community" is considered falsely some form of monolith with hive mind and only 1 opinion on everything.

Personally I think casual content should stay easy and challenging content (ranked pvp, mythic raiding, high mythic+) should stay challenging with appropriate rewards, namely easy content should reward less and hard content should reward more.

I prefer questing / dailies to be "easy", flying to be in game and daze-dismount not being a thing without paying a tax to leatherworkers, and heirlooms to be a thing, awaiting eagerly when they're upgradeable to 110. Solo content is there when you want to chill. You can't make open world content challenging because everything can be group zerged, so generally it ends up as "forced grouping", and wow rose to success for many reasons one of them being solo-friendly. Challenges need to be instances to not be zerged, many are group types (dungeons, raids, rbg, arenas etc.) but I'm also eagerly awaiting when the mage tower is built so we can see how's the solo challenge in this patch.

Any attempts at making open world content "harder" ends up as a nuisance rather than a challenge. So what's the point.
    Also this. WoW has a too varied playerbase to have a common denominator on difficulty. Hell, we have 4 difficulty levels in raiding. How can anyone in their sane mind think that one difficulty in open world content can fit all, with the most extensive player base regarding other parts of content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Welcome to GW2, that scales you down to level of location. Did I say, that Wow turns into MOBA just yesterday?
    Gw2 is a great game, I really wish some of these elements are introduced in wow, like scaling, that makes the whole world relevant all of a sudden and opens up infinite possibilities.

That... thing about MOBA only you can understand man. People usually stare at the screen perplexed when you say it.

I think the problem for most people is they did it without saying anything. Then Watcher's response on the forums is just...what? I honestly didn't notice it but I'm okay with it. What I'm not okay with is them not saying anything to try and sneak it past us.