Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Certainly not. North Korea has the purest form of democracy around - one man, one vote. Kim Jong-Un is the man, and he has the vote.
    Sounds like the Democratic People's Republic of the European Union are moving in that direction too - one woman, one vote. Angela Merkel is the Woman, and she has the vote.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Should Britain seek to negotiate any free trade deals with other countries while it is still an EU member state, there will be no future discussion of a deal with the union. There will be no special deal for the City of London “providing UK-based undertakings preferential access to the single market and, or the customs union”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nsitional-deal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Right, let's get the show on the road, Britain. Took you long enough.
    well they have now declared independence!
    When will the Luftwaffe begin bombing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Like when the uk vetoed a vote to impose a tariff on cheap Chinese steel? The same cheap Chinese steel that brought the uk steel industry to its knees.
    Was that Cameron or Blair or Brown who made that great error?

It hurt the steel industry in our nation also, quite a few lay offs what is normal so you can't compete with the chinese who have no worker rights or safety measures you see here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    According to UK tabloid press, tomorrow. According to the sane part of the world, never.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Excellent. Time to get on with it.

Edit: Corbyn just said Labour won't give the government a free hand to get away with stuff.. except that's exactly what they've been doing since the numpty Corbyn got his new job.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2017-03-29 at 11:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like when the uk vetoed a vote to impose a tariff on cheap Chinese steel? The same cheap Chinese steel that brought the uk steel industry to its knees.
    Because the UK is not protectionist, why should we pay £100 a ton for raw materials from the UK or Belgium when China are selling it for £20 per ton? All that does is inflict the extra cost on consumers and in future will make European products uncompetitive in comparison to British in fact global end products.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    We are ready, the EU couldn't agree a deal with a nodding dog let alone one that bites. Bring it on, twas everso.

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    May's statement is probably the most pro-EU one that house has heard in recent times.
    It's almost like they're arguing for joining.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    May's statement is probably the most pro-EU one that house has heard in recent times.
    It's almost like they're arguing for joining.

Soft Brexit ? A deal like EU-Switzerland ? Oh, the leavers will bite her. But in the end, who knows ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Soft Brexit ? A deal like EU-Switzerland ? Oh, the leavers will bite her. But in the end, who knows ...
    The entire entourage around May is for a Hard brexit. So she probably won't last long if that's the attempt, however she does know to try to represent all of the UK and half wasn't for it so.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The entire entourage around May is for a Hard brexit. So she probably won't last long if that's the attempt, however she does know to try to represent all of the UK and half wasn't for it so.
    She mentioned "cherry picking" in her adress today; what was it ? To me she said alot of things she already knew she cannot fulfill. So what is she hoping for ? Demand a lot, but already prepared to settle for a bit ?

Your right, why should we support the British steel industry when we can protect the Chinese steel industry?
    In fairness the UK steel industry was in dire straits well before the Chinese flooded the market with cheap steel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    She mentioned "cherry picking" in her adress today; what was it ? To me she said alot of things she already knew she cannot fulfill. So what is she hoping for ? Demand a lot, but already prepared to settle for a bit ?
    She has linked a free trade deal with future European security cooperation. and a failure to agree one will mean no further UK help for Europe on its security. Specifically, unlike the UK, the EU is not trusted by the five eyes organisation as a tier 1 member.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Was that Cameron or Blair or Brown who made that great error?
    Error?
    That would be assuming they didn't profit from it.
    Just because it wasn't in the best interest of the British people doesn't mean it wasn't in the best interest of their democratically elected politicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    So who has more reason to celebrate. The UK or the EU? Honestly based on most people I know, its people in the EU who are happier about this. Goes back to those old country rivalries and the whole fuck the British attitude.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So who has more reason to celebrate. The UK or the EU? Honestly based on most people I know, its people in the EU who are happier about this. Goes back to those old country rivalries and the whole fuck the British attitude.
    EU would like to exit the Brexit and embrace our most-dear-but-quarrelsome sibling. Brexit is second tier choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Herman my love, you are too easily triggered, calm down dear.

It really is very simple, the EU will be offered a free trade deal on the terms they have now, take it or leave it. The EU can't have their cake and eat it by cherry picking which bits of the UK they want and which bits they don't.
    I mean, UK can act like this if they want to, but that wouldn't really be sensible given how they are the weaker party.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Did you mean more accurately on behalf of 1 country and 26 vassal states? Weren't they supposed to have a response ready within 48 hours of being served?

Not like they have had 9 months to prepare or anything...
    So vassal state is yet another term you have no clue about? Fascinating. And yes, exactly, 9 months have passed. UK couldn't get its shit together for 9 months. So acting like EU postponing things for a summit that has already been planned and for only one month doesn't give UK a position to criticize this. Again, rocks in glasshouses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In fairness the UK steel industry was in dire straits well before the Chinese flooded the market with cheap steel.
    Yup. For as long as I can remember the steel plant in Port Talbot has been on the verge of closure and even possibly closed a couple of times as well before another deal was struck to open it again. I can only imagine it was the same for steel plants around the rest of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    So many people in this topic is all for EU lol. Really you can say it seriously that EU is good thing? Why organisation on top of your government can be good? No one can even pick mp for EU, thief from Poland was picked to be head there again, and even people from Poland hate this guy (German blood anyway).
    It's worked quite well so far. International organizations aren't anything new and why would they be a bad thing? We live in globalized world. Also, if by mp you mean a member of the parliament, then you are wrong. And Tusk has never been convicted of theft. His reelection for his EU position has been supported by majority of Polish people as well, including the supporters of the party leading the government (which had a seizure about him), so you're talking horseshit. And oh noes, some German roots. Ze horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I mean, UK can act like this if they want to, but that wouldn't really be sensible given how they are the weaker party.
    This is a joke right?

The Euro is going down the toilet, multiple countries inside the EU are financially crippled and the Pound is going strong... how exactly is Britain the "weaker party" in this?