Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is entirely false. You were either not on forums at all during those times, or you didn't play.
    Death's Demise says otherwise.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

7+ Year Old Account
    The current expansion is always the worst. And the previous expansion had the best balance ever.

Deleted
    Nothing has changed. Always been like this

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    But now... my question to some of the mmo-champion vets who don't hate Legion with a bloody passion is, is it truly like this every expansion? Has the community grone more cynical and negative over time?
    Whiners gonna whine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Nothing has changed. Always been like this
    I'll go with this. It hasn't changed all that much over the years.

Vanilla sucked because it wasn't EQ. BC sucked because it wasn't vanilla. Wrath sucked because it wasn't BC ad infinitum. It's the nature of the thing except nowadays you have more players who have dropped out of the game over the years who need to pump up their ego by bellowing more loudly than someone else about how bad the game is.

Play the game or not. Enjoy the game or not. Ignore the forums or not. Better to ignore most of it. Very few people here looking to have an actual constructive discussion about the game so all of that can be easily ignored.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Yes it was. And not just here. Its shame

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is not worst expansion and not best one its pretty average one with bad and good sides.

WOD had horrible Lore and Storyline (Just like some parts of Legion expansion) and storyline plays big role too, Vanilla and WOTLK had best storyline and lore, but gameplay wise WOD was good.

7+ Year Old Account
    The community here seems extremely negative, calling Legion one of the worst expansions pretty regularly at this point, I really can't understand that, it's as if they hate WoW now but can't see it so they choose to keep blaming the game.

I started reading these forums regularly when WoD hype was real, so I understood the hate WoD got and I passed it off as the expansion just lacking much of anything to do.

But now... my question to some of the mmo-champion vets who don't hate Legion with a bloody passion is, is it truly like this every expansion? Has the community grone more cynical and negative over time?
    Well shortly, It's never been as bad as for Legion. Cause people are becoming smarter, and realizing "Something Is fishy here what are you doing to our game Blizz..." and they'd be right, now more than ever. Legion Is a casual's game, where hardcore play Is non-existant, and even If It's existant a casual who plays two hours a day will get better Mythic gear than you cause he was boosted In Mythic + or even a Mythic raid.

The community was always mad, and cynical and negative. But I'm glad they're so negative about Legion because It is a bad addition to WoW In general, more RNG, Legendary drops like from diablo 3, story from starcraft 2 mixed with Warhammer space ships and shiz. And I myself do claim Legion Is the worst expansion so far, because It takes away from the hardcore In every possibly respect. Even WoD Isn't worse, It's second worse Infact and only cause I'm a giant orc fanboy, so I'm a bit leniant. But I'm sure for most WoD Is the worst.

As usual my Expansion list of favorites Is as follows: TBC - Wrath - Vanilla - Mists - Cata - WoD - Legion

Legion offers a butchered story that I just don't like. Explenations that are not explaining anything

We found Alleria and Turalyon, great! Where are they...? Oh they're still lost In space? So we didn't find them? Okay. All we got on those two Is "They're around!" which is as much as we knew before Legion.

Illidan Is the chosen one now, suddenly! Even If the Naaru themselves spearheaded the attack on Black Temple to kill Illidan now they're like "He's the chooooosen one" bullship why'd you lead an attack to kill him In the first place? A divine plan? Oh please. Even If, he killed millions of Innocents, that makes him as Innocent as Kerrigan from Starcraft.

I don't like Legion and I dread the future expansion and where will that take us. And I have 2 good guesses off the top of my head:

Galactic Conquest! Alliance and Horde take to space In their own warhammer like spaceships, fighting off the demons planet by planet, cause hey we got portals to teleport anywhere from any part of the universe but screw that, we got ships they're cooler.

We find a new planet! (Which would be the best option btw) we meet new races, new beautiful awe striking lands with plenty of resources cause let's be honest, Azeroth Is surely drained of them. Horde and Alliance fighting for them whilst joining up with new interesting races that we've never seen before at all.

One of these, namely the new planet option would be best. I'd rather discover a new planet, new races, new EVERYTHING... I'm getting tired of discovering Pandaland, time travelling (Quit It with time travel stuff, we're not star trek there's no temporal war going on here) and going back to old broken down Isles that somehow nobody noticed had thriving civilizations on them.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Yes. I work nights, so typically I wake up, have some coffee, and game with my guild mates for a bit before coming to work. We have a good time, occasionally comment on something we wish was different, but mostly enjoy the game while having fun in Discord, laughing it up and giving each other shit. We raid, we carry each others' alts through M+, we do our various quests and mog farms, etc...

Then I get to work, where I can't play the game but usually have some down time to check the forums. It's kind of crazy how the reactions I read here differ from what I experienced in game. It's like we must be playing different games.

Am I under the illusion that WoW is perfect? Of course not! I've posted constructive feedback many times. But half the posts you read here either threaten to unsub, call for Blizz employees to be fired (or worse), or predict the game will be permanently ruined by the latest tweaks.

Only reason I still check in are the level heads among the craziness, who actually discuss fun stuff like new ideas for macros, which artifact traits to take first, and so on.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It was. There will always be small miserable souls feeling good that they got the opportunity to talk bad about a successful product a big company made. Like when the smartphone lags for 1 second and a guy calls it a piece of shit. Louis CK had a great bit about entitled piece-of-shit generation of today

Deleted
    The community here seems extremely negative, calling Legion one of the worst expansions pretty regularly at this point, I really can't understand that, it's as if they hate WoW now but can't see it so they choose to keep blaming the game.

I started reading these forums regularly when WoD hype was real, so I understood the hate WoD got and I passed it off as the expansion just lacking much of anything to do.

Yes, especially here at MMOC.
    There is negativity in the official forums as well, but the worst of the worst is getting moderated away - that's not the case here, so the signal is pre-dominantly angry, upset, outraged, white, 20-something gamerboys complaining about some percieved unfairness. Sometimes they dig really deep to find something to get upset about.

That's pretty much a summary of any loosely moderated, online "echo chamber" - and MMOC is no different. People like to complain. Outrage is the norm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    This nails it... its always been like this. I am gonna bet my money on that the next expansion ,how good or bad it is... is also a wow killer expansion :P

However Legendary desing is guinely bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I find the MoP comment quite interesting, when you obviously don't seem to know what it was like in TBC. It was easier to get consumables on TBC i'll let you know. Dunno about Vanilla, but vanilla was a broken unbalanced mess, so i don't use it to gauge anything.
    I heard they reduced the consumables grind now but the ap and gear grind easily had me invest more time and energy than even whipperroot tuber farm and resist gear farm - at least the latter had an end and wasn't spec based.

Not sure. But every expansion there seems to be a negative... But honestly compared to other expansion... This is the expansion where complaining is at an absolute minimum compared to what we had before. Are there any negatives? Well apparantly there are. Especially about legendaries,flying and AP grinding. But basically that is it.

Just compare these boards to when WoD was here or when Cata was here or even MoP...

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Actually no.

I will let you know that I never had any difficulties having interesting conversations with intelligent people who have something to say. It just works, I think it might be magic or something.

So, yeah - pathetic crybabies are to blame.

Being a "crybaby" over apparent crybabies is the ultimate irony. Just don't post if these threads bother you so much. Coming in and whining about them without even attempting to "have interesting conversations with intelligent people" is very ironic, considering you think yourself above these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Reading these kind of things is hilarious at this stage.

When BC was current, it was the worst expansion ever.

When WotLK was current, FUCK ME, it was THE FUCKING WORST thing ever to happen to WoW.

When Cataclysm was current, it was the worst piece of shit ever. WotLK was now considered a bit better, BC golden age of WoW.

When MoP came around, FUCK PANDAS MATE, what a fucking joke of an expansion, Cataclysm still shit, but WotLK is now the golden age of WoW.

When WoD was current, OMG time-travel, fuck this garbage, worst expansion ever. MoP was amazing, even Cata beat this. Vanilla golden age of WoW.

Now, Legion is the new kid in the block. It's fucking hilarious to see the trend repeat over the years.
    This. I rate this 2 Glaives up. People whine for the sake of whining.

People on these forms don't tend to just enjoy their experience, they want to mid/max to such a degree that any change triggers them. I'm having a great time, the dungeons are always fun ( I like hard dungeons), the raids have interesting mechanics (even emerald nightmare (except Ursoc) , just tuned too low for mythic players) there are things I can do when I feel like doing nothing ( looking forward to learning the pet battle dungeon). The only thing that was a problem was the farm for pots, but that has been fixed. Everyone has this idea that they have to do everything at once, force themselves to do marathon hardcore runs of farming content instead of spreading it out and enjoying it as it comes, and complain when they run out of things to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulatica View Post
    I don't frequent the official forums too much, but I've had a tendency to obsessively refresh Mmo-champion several times a day for the better part of the decade, whether or not I'm subbed at the time or not. What I've found is that when I come back to the game I'm refreshed and actually have a good time. The part that eventually erodes my fun away is reading all the complainers and whiners being so negative about the game; subconsciously all this hate adds up and I find that the toxic levels make me want to quit. Then I realize that it's just the people and enjoy the game for what it is.

I do think though, that the homepage "Recent Forum Post" section is like a train wreck that I just can't look away from whenever I visit MMO-Champ with the intention of reading WoW news. It draws me in sometimes like a bad drama sitcom and after swimming through the vitriol, trolling, and posts from extremely-burnt-out-yet-unaware players than have been subbed for 13 years, I feel exhausted and want to shake people and tell them to stop torturing themselves.
    This. It's more the community self destructing on it'self then anything. And people take this attitude too seriously. Guys, it's a game, not a job ( and this is coming from someone who raids 3+ nights a week). Just play and experience the game while relaxing.

Deleted
    Its just MMO champion forums, they're probably the worst forums ever for spite and Vitriol but thats what makes it all the funnier. Got to take this place with a total pinch of salt

Same story since launch of WoW... Same people that complained about Wotlk and love it now, complain about Legion and will probably love it in 4years or so. People forget how much sh*t storm was on forums during MoP just because of pandas. And now... everyone has orgasms when they remember good old Pandaria... I am not surprised about anything after so many years. Some people just think they are right and Blizzard has to do what they want. Maybe they were not raised right from their parents. They were probably allowed to much in youth and so they think that is how its supposed to be.

People have always complained about one thing or the next with this game. However, back in the earlier days (vanilla, TBC, even WOTLK) the complaining was different than it is now. People stilled pissed and moaned up a storm but they still stuck to the game, had fun, paid their fees, and the game continued to expand because at the end of the day, the game had very addicting elements back then. Now things are different, the type of complaining is different, with a different reaction by the player base. The addicting nature of the game has dwindled, so the players willing to play and pay have dwindled. Not sure the context of the type of complaining done is the same between then and now, as the game is now so vastly different with very different reasons on why the player base are complaining.