Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post Former Obama official discloses rush to get intelligence on Trump team

Source

A former top Obama administration official has acknowledged efforts by her colleagues to gather intelligence on Trump team ties to Russia before Donald Trump took office and to conceal the sources of that intelligence from the incoming administration.

Evelyn Farkas, deputy assistant secretary of defense under Obama, made the disclosure while on the air with MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski.

“I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill, it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration,” Farkas, who is now a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, said.

“Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left, so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy ... that the Trump folks – if they found out how we knew what we knew about their ... the Trump staff dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.”

The comments come as lawmakers on Capitol Hill clash over House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes' claim last week that surveillance operations incidentally collected Trump team communications during the transition. Critics have accused Nunes of carrying water for Trump and called on him to recuse himself from Russia matters, but Nunes and his congressional allies have pushed back.

Aside from questions over whether communications were improperly gathered during the transition and before, there is speculation over how widely such information was disseminated. Farkas described a rush to spread the material before Trump took office.

"So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia," she said. "So then I had talked to some of my former colleagues and I knew that they were trying to also help get information to the Hill."

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-03-29 at 06:31 PM.

If it isn't actually wiretapping Trump, what's the problem here?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    You think Trump didn't "rush to get intelligence" on Hillary?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, now they wish they found something tangible before the elections.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Well, now they wish they found something tangible before the elections.
    Bet they found a lot of stuff, but nothing that Trump voters cared about since he was still "not Hillary".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well, he only publicly said he hopes Russians hack some more during the election...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So to sum this up...this person said ''hey guys speed up you're ongoing investigation because when trump takes office their is a high chance he or his administration will prevent it''.

“Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left, so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy ... that the Trump folks – if they found out how we knew what we knew about their ... the Trump staff dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.”
    And you know what she was bloody right wasn't she

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c57_story.html

BTW OP? What's you're deal, what\s the point in linking this story and then you don't even bother to say anything to start any discussion. If I linked a story about how pigs can fly I should at least write a few words.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-03-29 at 06:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So to sum this up...this person said ''hey guys speed up you're ongoing investigation because when trump takes office their is a high chance he or his administration will prevent it''.

And you know what she was bloody right wasn't she

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c57_story.html

BTW OP? What's you're deal, what\s the point in linking this story and then bother to say anything to start any discussion. If I linked a story about how pigs can fly I should at least write a few words.
    Because he can't formulate an opinion until he sees someone attacking the Trump Administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If it isn't actually wiretapping Trump, what's the problem here?
    Don't play into their narrative when that narrative is bullshit to begin with.

Their is no god dam scandal unless you try you play into their narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Because he can't formulate an opinion until he sees someone attacking the Trump Administration.
    Are you "AWOKE"? Feeling Independent?

I doubt get this thread or the OP just linking the story. I guess that person is so AWOKE that he is doing a social experiment to see who lines up with their partinship opinions.

Seems a common sense approach to me. If you have any reason to suspect an incoming person of wrongdoing and they'll be in a position to suppress or destroy evidence after they come in, you gather as much as you can before they do. Hardly rocket science, is it?

US intelligence clearly believes there is reason to investigate, so I fail to see how collating information ahead of the Trump inauguration was anything other than eminently sensible. If he/his campaign has done nothing wrong, there's nothing to collate.

Was the information she disseminated throughout Capitol Hill classified?

Edit: Also the interview is from 27 days ago

Granted, getting a former administration to come right out and say what many of us have been told by President Trump and has been conveniently dismissed by the liberal media was an interesting chapter in the ongoing story. We’ll only start getting to the truth once we have hearings and hopefully Farkas will be added to the short list of those who’ll testify.
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2017-03-29 at 06:20 PM.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Well, he only publicly said he hopes Russians hack some more during the election...
    At this point, Trump is right. He could go shoot someone, and his fans would cheer.

It's sad really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sad part is all the Trump haters on this form, cant even really see how this is bad, . its so funny to see how they deal with Trump, the crying and head pounding is so funny, now they know how others had to deal with King Obama and his slugs for 8 years. payback is a bitch. lol

Regardless whether Zenkai makes a comment or not, this is pretty interesting information.

Not at all surprising or new, since reports of Trump's ties to Russia came up while Obama was in office, and it wouldn't make made any sense at all for them to not follow up on it. There's no conspiracy here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Sad part is all the Trump haters on this form, cant even really see how this is bad, . its so funny to see how they deal with Trump, the crying and head pounding is so funny, now they know how others had to deal with King Obama and his slugs for 8 years. payback is a bitch. lol
    What did you or others have to "deal with", exactly? Seems like the biggest hardship the right had with Obama was that he was 1] black (and/or democrat, take your pick), 2] in power, 3] see 1 & 2.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Yes it is interesting. There was info on ties to Russia while Obama was in office. Information was collected related to the ties. It was spread out to the intelligence community so that if a few resigned or are fired there would be some still left with the information. Source of the information was removed to protect them. Some of the information is out there in the open. But most of it is not out and she is worried why the information is left out.

Deleted
    But I tought MSNBC is FAKE NEWS. So how can we be sure? /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No kidding. The Russia issue has created a lot hysteria lately.

Goal alignment =/= Conspiracy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    No kidding. The Russia issue has created a lot hysteria lately.

Goal alignment =/= Conspiracy
    No, but lying about meetings hints at a conspiracy. Not that I think Trump knew about anything, ever... but something sure fishy was/is going on.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Regardless whether Zenkai makes a comment or not, this is pretty interesting information.

Not at all surprising or new, since reports of Trump's ties to Russia came up while Obama was in office, and it wouldn't make made any sense at all for them to not follow up on it. There's no conspiracy here.

- - - Updated - - -

What did you or others have to "deal with", exactly? Seems like the biggest hardship the right had with Obama was that he was 1] black (and/or democrat, take your pick), 2] in power, 3] see 1 & 2.
    he is a progressive, who created Obama care and a weak cowering america of nothing but a bunch of crying entitled babies. the list goes on, but u seem to have already swallowed the cool-aid of the left, so trying to reason with you is mute.