Poll: What is the worst major patch of WoW?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's a huge patch no matter how much interest you have in the content it's bringing.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615241966
    I'm waiting for you to tell me what that is. The fact that I exhausted EVERYTHING there is to do for week 1 in 4 hours on the first day says it is in fact NOT a huge patch. The fact they have to gate the primary quest line over 11 weeks to keep it going says it is in fact NOT a huge patch.

Looking at your patch notes we can break it down:

Week 2: We get assaults which will at most last you until you're exalted but will probably be one a day. So no really noteworthy content if they are similar to the beginning legion invasion quests which were pretty lackluster. Second is PvP brawls, these could be interesting but don't know enough yet to comment.

Week 3: New class hall stuff. The first is a new follower that you recruit which requires nothing but going to your class hall. The class hall upgrades require no work but clicking on research and waiting 1 day and 5 days. Also the benefits they give are pretty pointless. One gives more champions and the other gives you a chance to get bonus AP. Last is class specific WQs which could be interesting but given how frequently WQs respawn my guess is these will be 1-3 a day.

Week 4-11: You get the 1-5 new quests to move on with the primary quest line and that is it. If this is anything like chapters 1-5, you'll be done in an hour.

There you have it, your massive patch is in fact not massive.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    2.2 and 6.1 were much, much worse than 7.2 is even today. Let alone when more stuff has been unlocked. It's not even a competition for me, 7.2 beats both of those hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Content of the patch + the little tidbit of a developer saying 7.2 is one of the biggest patches ever released. You gonna argue with the people that worked on the patch?

It's a massive patch, end of story. You "exhausting" everything you find worth doing in 4 hours doesn't change jack shit.

the timegating in the patch is bad, and the activision shareholder fluffer brigade should feel bad.

Either deliver content in a patch, or postpone it, dont release something this abysmall. The backlash from the selfie patch should have been a teachable moment for the staff. Seems they are even denser then i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    why the hell is ToC even on this list?
    it was a good patch with a zone/raid/dungeon
    Because you were allowed to do 1 raidboss 4 times in the opening week. It was pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    ...come on 6.1 was barely a patch. Make the poll fair.

Otherwise 4.3 FOUR POINT FUCKING THREE, aka. where the game quality took a nose dive and scrapped the skin off it's nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    the fact people can compare this to the selfie cam, or even say 7.2 is worse, is proof mmo-c is full of fucking (insert something that will get me infracted)
    Yeah... Not much else to be said really. The people actually believing 6.1 was a better patch are lost.

I love these threads, its either OMG nothing to do or, OMG there is too much stuff, slow down blizz... FFS just stop

There is absolutely no way at all this patch is worse than 6.1

Ever.

Even Blizzard themselves said it was a mistake to call that a .1 patch.

Deleted
    How the world WoW managed to keep people subbed in patches that gave everything at once?
    Oh yeah, because people still managed to find things to do.

Lets say something like Zul'aman and Zul'gurub patch ( 4.1. )

Brief intro-quest to the ZG and ZA, available day 1
    2 New Dungeons, available day 1
    No new raid, no new dailies.
    People still kept subbed. Still managed to find stuff to do. Still managed to stay focused running "bear run"s etc until firelands.
    This time-gating just feels arbitary and bit of nonsense.

It even feels like less content when all you do is do stuff for hour per week and then just forget it until 11 weeks have passed and "everything is unlocked".
    I get that Final Fantasy is getting their expansion in 11 weeks but come on blizzard this is just tad silly..

6.1 is the Worst

2.2 Was the Second Worst

3.2 Was the Second Best

7.2/5.2 Are the Best.

Now, time to eat my popcorn as I trigger people with my 7.2 Best Patch BS....

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    How can seriously defend the time gated shit which released today? It left you basically with nothing to do after 1-2 hours.
    Because when you think about it, 7.2 came out way sooner than anyone expected (until it hit the Background Downloader). Traditionally, we would have had to wait ~4 months after Nighthold release to get a new patch that contained everything including Tomb of Sargeras. Instead, Blizzard is releasing things sooner, but not all at once.

I don't really see it as a big deal. There are more Mythic+ to do and I can gear alts faster now that the base Ilvl in dungeons have increased by 25 ilvls. On top of that, there is more coming next week.

as far as i remember, yes 6.2 was a shit patch, but it was never advertised as bringing in a shit lot of content like 7.2 was

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking about 7.2
    Worst? I doubt it.
    Overhyped? For sure..

For me the worst ever was 6.1 you can't beat it, it was too spectacularly bad!

EDIT: Thinking about it, 6.1 was hardly a major patch though
    Last edited by Metallourlante; 2017-03-29 at 11:54 PM. Reason: vodka

I'm waiting for you to tell me what that is. The fact that I exhausted EVERYTHING there is to do for week 1 in 4 hours on the first day says it is in fact NOT a huge patch. The fact they have to gate the primary quest line over 11 weeks to keep it going says it is in fact NOT a huge patch.

Looking at your patch notes we can break it down:

Week 2: We get assaults which will at most last you until you're exalted but will probably be one a day. So no really noteworthy content if they are similar to the beginning legion invasion quests which were pretty lackluster. Second is PvP brawls, these could be interesting but don't know enough yet to comment.

Week 3: New class hall stuff. The first is a new follower that you recruit which requires nothing but going to your class hall. The class hall upgrades require no work but clicking on research and waiting 1 day and 5 days. Also the benefits they give are pretty pointless. One gives more champions and the other gives you a chance to get bonus AP. Last is class specific WQs which could be interesting but given how frequently WQs respawn my guess is these will be 1-3 a day.

Week 4-11: You get the 1-5 new quests to move on with the primary quest line and that is it. If this is anything like chapters 1-5, you'll be done in an hour.

The word "massive", when used in a general sense, is subjective. But massive in relation to all other mid-expansion patches, it objectively has more content than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    As usual...there will always be Blizzard's apologists. But I think waiting 8+ months from an expansion release to the 2nd tier of the expansion, is the longest wait ever.

It hard to excuse that.
    ^ This shows the mentality.

Seriously, we're now at a point where people bitch and moan about Blizzard sticking to their promise of pacing content releases better so as to avoid leaving us dry for over a year after the final patch has been released. Apparently, we will have had 8+ months of no content once ToS actually opens...

I've seen every kind now I think, can't possibly be worse varieties among the fanbase than we're seeing right now.
    I'm willing to bet that when we stand before the release of 8.0, these same people will complain that "I haven't finished with Legion yet, Blizzard just out to moneygrabb!!"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-03-30 at 12:00 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What huge patch? I did everything there is to do for week 1 in about 4 hours. Now there is nothing left for me to do. Let me rephrase, I did not do the pet battle stuff because I don't like pet battles but I have done everything else. So what is this huge patch you speak of?
    7.2. it unlocking over several weeks doesn't change that it is all 7.2.

Also content you don't want to do is still content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Not even fucking close.
    I share this opinion.

Deleted
    You haven't seen all 7.2 content wtf is the meaning of this poll. Also 6.1 will be the worst even without knowing about future expansions.

Instant gratification.