Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vendoring gear is now a power increase in outdoor content

The ilvl scaling was hotfixed to be based on bag ilvl. Fortunately we can decrease our bag ilvl by vendoring a piece of gear, and buy it back later. For me it decreases dps by about 5% but decreases mob health by 35% - definitely worthwhile.

You can do an item restore every 15 days if you screw up, so there is no risk either.

Or you can just continue to 2-3 shot mobs because they barely last a few seconds...? I honestly don't get why people think the mobs are difficult, the time you'd take vendoring/buying gear back constantly you'd be better off just killing the mobs. Hell, most people I told about this didn't even realise they scaled because it was still super easy to kill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Or you can just continue to 2-3 shot mobs because they barely last a few seconds...? I honestly don't get why people think the mobs are difficult, most people I told about this didn't even realise they scaled because it was still super easy to kill stuff.
    I'd rather multidot and kill massive packs. Scaling means smaller pulls due to more damage taken (because things die slower).

DPS is my offspec btw, so I already do significantly less damage then my ilvl suggests (no legendaries and bad relics).

Or you can just continue to 2-3 shot mobs because they barely last a few seconds...? I honestly don't get why people think the mobs are difficult, the time you'd take vendoring/buying gear back constantly you'd be better off just killing the mobs. Hell, most people I told about this didn't even realise they scaled because it was still super easy to kill stuff.
    I want to know where these super hard to kill mobs are too. If you aren't the only person waiting for something to spawn, you risk it dying before you can tag it. That was what the original change was meant to fix, but now Blizzard got them to reverse and shit just instantly falls over. It was a good and necessary fix that the whiners had to ruin because heaven forbid they be denied instant gratification. Having to take time to kill things while questing would interfere with complaining that they've consumed all the content and have nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I'd rather multidot and kill massive packs. Scaling means smaller pulls due to more damage taken (because things die slower).

DPS is my offspec btw, so I already do significantly less damage then my ilvl suggests (no legendaries and bad relics).
    You can still do that even with this "scaling". If you're a multi-DoT class you should be even better off, as you can just pull the world and rot it down. You don't need legendaries/relics to make that happen.

Maybe - and don't take this the wrong way, as I mean no offence by it - you might be better off spending that time practising/learning your OS? Guessing SPriest since you mentioned [multi-dot]DPS being your OS, since otherwise you could just be a tank as a Druid etc. and laugh your way through anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    I want to know where these super hard to kill mobs are too. If you aren't the only person waiting for something to spawn, you risk it dying before you can tag it. That was what the original change was meant to fix, but now Blizzard got them to reverse and shit just instantly falls over. It was a good and necessary fix that the whiners had to ruin because heaven forbid they be denied instant gratification. Having to take time to kill things while questing would interfere with complaining that they've consumed all the content and have nothing to do.
    Pretty much. I even complained to my guildies on TS earlier that it seemed like people were blowing mobs up when we were questing - I was just trying to tag the world instead of kill stuff so everyone in the area could get the tags too, and everything was just falling over in one or two hits from anyone even looking in their direction. I thought they'd actually hotfixed the scale the opposite way after I'd heard about it people complaining.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-30 at 03:09 AM.

Because they don't want to actually try, honestly they should try one of those mobile games that plays itself.

This would be a good idea if vendoring an item didn't have the ever looming threat of simply disconnecting and losing whatever you sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything dies on 2-3 pyroblasts. Don't even have to pop any cooldowns unless i pull half of a zone i'm in. Can't see how it's an "power increase" since vendoring gear will drop me down to ~30% crit and i won't be able to do damage reliably
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You can still do that even with this "scaling". If you're a multi-DoT class you should be even better off, as you can just pull the world and rot it down. You don't need legendaries/relics to make that happen.
    How would mobs having more health ever make me better off?

Maybe - and don't take this the wrong way, as I mean no offence by it - you might be better off spending that time practising/learning your OS? Guessing SPriest since you mentioned [multi-dot]DPS being your OS, since otherwise you could just be a tank as a Druid etc. and laugh your way through anything.
    Moonkin. Moonfire/sunfire, starfall if I have enough astral power. The DoTs by themselves will kill mobs, starfall just makes it safer on big pulls. If its a dense enough area I end up pulling 10-20 mobs. Bear doesn't have that sort of clear speed. Its significantly slower now though, since mobs beat on me, so I can't pull as much safely. Unequipping Vendoring a ring speeds it up.

You might not want to admit it, but it seems like a design flaw that I get significantly stronger by selling my gear to a vendor.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is so ridiculous....

Mobs melt...there is zero credible difference....

God...let it go already...old mobs are still easy

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia1989 View Post
    This would be a good idea if vendoring an item didn't have the ever looming threat of simply disconnecting and losing whatever you sold.
    There is no looming threat. You can item restore it immediately. You even get any enchants/gems back.

I don't see the issue, stuff still blows up in a couple hits max. Hell, half the time I'm unable to even tag the spawns I need because they die so fast.

Great. Let them know instead of us. They've already hotfixed it once, and made it clear they'll continue to monitor how it works out.

Well, Assuming this is actually a major thing, which I'm betting it isn't, wouldn't the SMARTER idea to bank the items that you're not going to immediately use, rather than risking disconnection and losing all sold items? Or is this another troll bait thread?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Well, Assuming this is actually a major thing, which I'm betting it isn't, wouldn't the SMARTER idea to bank the items that you're not going to immediately use, rather than risking disconnection and losing all sold items? Or is this another troll bait thread?
    Putting items in the bank does not decrease bag ilvl.

Also, there is no risk, because you can immediately item restore anything you accidentally lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting items in the bank does not decrease bag ilvl.

Also, there is no risk, because you can immediately item restore anything you accidentally lose.
    Since you actively post in your own thread (which is kinda feat of strength these days), can you record your kill time with and without downgrade of your gear? How exactly much time you are "winning" this way? Because i've sold my rings and neck (lost ~6% crit) and burned through Phoenix flames and fireblasts way faster due to lack of crit while still had to throw 2-3 pyros in general to kill a mob. So, at least for fire mage of my gear it's not a viable option, because i spend more time standing there and casting this atrocity-of-a-spell-fireball
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The ilvl scaling was hotfixed to be based on bag ilvl. Fortunately we can decrease our bag ilvl by vendoring a piece of gear, and buy it back later. For me it decreases dps by about 5% but decreases mob health by 35% - definitely worthwhile.

You can do an item restore every 15 days if you screw up, so there is no risk either.
    Better yet, just delete your gear completely to ensure that the outdoor world remains as safe a space as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
    I don't see the issue, stuff still blows up in a couple hits max. Hell, half the time I'm unable to even tag the spawns I need because they die so fast.
    A couple is way too many. I demand that mobs die if I even tab target them. Why bother gearing up otherwise?

People have repeatedly stressed that the effect is more noticeable for some specs than others (particularly for healers) so it's absurd that people are still going "well seems fine to me" as a counterargument.

The change is probably easiest to understand if you PVP. The best/worst classes in instanced PVP are now the best/worst classes in world content.

How would mobs having more health ever make me better off?
    Not more health, the fact you can mass pull with DoTs instead. It's always been super easy with most DoT specs as you'll kite and rot everything down without it hitting you or be able to heal it back up.

Moonkin. Moonfire/sunfire, starfall if I have enough astral power. The DoTs by themselves will kill mobs, starfall just makes it safer on big pulls. If its a dense enough area I end up pulling 10-20 mobs. Bear doesn't have that sort of clear speed. Its significantly slower now though, since mobs beat on me, so I can't pull as much safely. Unequipping Vendoring a ring speeds it up.

You might not want to admit it, but it seems like a design flaw that I get significantly stronger by selling my gear to a vendor.
    Bear is able to clear things pretty quick, maybe not as much as a geared Boomkin but you said yourself that you're not doing as much as you should be. You also should be able to pull a lot even with their current scaling, especially as Boomkin with self heals and kiting ability. Definitely should not require you to vendor a ring. I don't disagree that being able to do so is a design flaw though, that should be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    People have repeatedly stressed that the effect is more noticeable for some specs than others (particularly for healers) so it's absurd that people are still going "well seems fine to me" as a counterargument.

The change is probably easiest to understand if you PVP. The best/worst classes in instanced PVP are now the best/worst classes in world content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I play a holy priest and it's already tedious enough trying to kill things, pls blizzard #HealerLivesMatter
    You guys never used WQGF? Literally asks you every time you get to a new WQ if you want to group up and it auto finds people/groups you etc. so quests basically complete themselves within seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I play a holy priest and it's already tedious enough trying to kill things, pls blizzard #HealerLivesMatter
    Maybe you should put some AP into your shadow weapon and learn to play shadow in the outdoor world.

You know, healer spec indicates you have things to heal, aka dungeons raids, large group content etc. If you are soloing, wouldn't it be logical to spec into dps in order to kill stuff more efficiently?