Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    There is a high chance I'm going to a convention in June. Who should I cosplay as?
    Kirito .

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    There is a high chance I'm going to a convention in June. Who should I cosplay as?
    Moka

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    Moka

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Koi to uso 125 - FUCK THIS CHAPTER. WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKING ACCEPT IT AND FORGET THIS SHITTY LOLI ALREADY, MISAKI? WHY?

Fuck. The 2 idiots finally decide to stop fucking with each other's life but then now the other girl is too worried about her friend and doesn't want to hurt her feelings because she knows how her lovely cute friend feels. Fuck this. Now both won't want the MC to end with themselves because they don't want to hurt each other. How nice.

SHOKUGEKI - HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE

WE ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE A FUCKING MONSTER, URAHARA!! Wait, no, ISSHIKI!!!

Holy fucking shit. He's going to kill that guy. I didn't expect to see him serious this early.

Also Rindou being extremely cute, and Alice too. This chapter was just too good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Wow, who is the cute grill in the pic?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GN7Y573.png[IMG]
    top fucking kek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Wow, who is the cute grill in the pic?
    Moka obviously

Chihayafuru 177 - Really love that Sudo and Shinobu are getting some development, they're two of my favorite characters.

Taiyou no Ie 1-3 - Yep. Already sucked in. The art style reminds me a bit of Sweetness and Lightning's manga with the swirly eyes.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    snip
    These are the posts I come here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    These are the posts I come here for.
    I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place
    He's lying, he loves the shitposts.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Koi to uso 125 - FUCK THIS CHAPTER. WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKING ACCEPT IT AND FORGET THIS SHITTY LOLI ALREADY, MISAKI? WHY?

Fuck. The 2 idiots finally decide to stop fucking with each other's life but then now the other girl is too worried about her friend and doesn't want to hurt her feelings because she knows how her lovely cute friend feels. Fuck this. Now both won't want the MC to end with themselves because they don't want to hurt each other. How nice.

I dunno. They're both top tier imo. It's gonna suck to see either lose.
    I'm still wondering about the history between Misaki and Nisaka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I dunno. They're both top tier imo. It's gonna suck to see either lose.
    I'm still wondering about the history between Misaki and Nisaka
    Koi to uso - She'll receive her notice, it'll be Nisaka. Nisaka obviously likes her and always did since the beginning so we'll get some drama here too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kuzu no Honkai: I'm going to give it a 9.5-10, will rest on it. There were a few parts that I didn't feel were as good as the rest, but it had so many 11/10 moments that I can't not rate it extremely high. The ending was extremely satisfying as well, especially when compared to some others in this season. An atmospheric wonder. Would recommend.

I feel honored for having such a quality "counter-review" written and directed at me. It was a good read, and I can completely appreciate the points goriq brings up. I went back and re-read my review, and I believe if I were to do it again I would put more emphasis on the concept of, "melancholy."

Many series are sad. Sadness is a basic emotion, one triggered by the experience of loss. Losing opportunities, losing what we care for, losing people in our lives. They are indisputably sad events. However, sadness comes and goes, because once we have lost something it is gone and eventually the feeling fades. I'm not trying to downplay sadness, but simply illustrate its qualities.

Melancholy takes on a different guise. Melancholy is more of a state of mind than an emotional reaction, one which is not clearly linked to a specific cause or event. It affects the texture of the world, and is pervasive in the presence of both happiness and sadness. It is the bittersweet backdrop of things. Melancholy should also not be confused with depression. I would argue strongly that melancholy is not something to be cured or "fixed."

What touched me about Gunslinger Girl was its poignancy in addressing melancholy. Yes, sad things happen. But the goal of the series isn't to just be sad. Sadness works in a story, but as was pointed out Gunslinger Girl is sorely lacking in plot. However, it is perfect for demonstrating melancholy: just the way things are, day to day, with no special representation or key event. And in Gunslinger Girl the world is heart-achingly beautiful and absolutely appalling. What happens is just a small slice, a sampling of the abuses. How does one possibly approach and take in the immensity of suffering without being devoured by it?

But there is something here. I don't know how else to describe it; for all the tragedy in the foreground, the background is...luminous. It is here that it takes a step beyond normal melancholy to something else, something essential. I struggle to put it into words, and why I respect the artistry of the series for elucidating it better than I can in prose. You will have to forgive my shortcomings here.

This is why despite all the series I have seen in the ensuing years, Gunslinger Girl retains its special place. I don't write this to refute goriq's points. It really isn't an enjoyable series. But it is something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked watching Gunslinger Girls(though I never watched Il Teatrino). Though it had me go through the emotions, some times I could only watch 1-2 episodes at a time, by the end of watching some of the episodes I was emotionally exhausted. I really enjoyed how it made me feel, Some people don't like that, hell even after I watched the series I had to watch something happy-go-lucky. Something that I know will end well.

The plot was not the greatest...but I almost feel that is not the point. It is like trying to watch Star Wars for sci-fi. Star Wars is not really a sci-fi, it is a fantasy, it has some sci-fi but it is not about sci-fi.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

Oooo is it time for sci-fi again?!

Artist unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why is Steam trying to sell anime from CR to me...

Please don't buy your anime on Steam.
    https://twitter.com/Daiz42/status/847508864035643392