Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Movies can't do a Lovecraftian Horror like It justice, the original made It look less like the evil omnipotent fear god that It was and more like a scary transforming ghost clown.
    Same reason why I hope The Dark Tower never gets adapted. What I'm hoping for is a Doctor Sleep movie with the original Stanly Kubrick cast returning.

If you want a good lovecraft style film, check this short film out. I enjoyed it quite a bit!

MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    I so need to go watch this in a movie theater. The horror of childhood memories!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The TV series was humorous to me, so mabye this movie will be more on the horror side?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The TV series was humorous to me, so mabye this movie will be more on the horror side?
    How old were you when you saw it?

I was 6.

It was not humorous to me.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Actually liked the trailer.

I am a adult now so i thought on what way can a clown now be scary, but with the hole fast movement in the end it might actually work.
    So it got my attention.

Now i gotta watch the original!!!

Didn't care for the trailer. Sure the scary bits could work but the whole thing started off on terrible note with that jump scare during the sewer scene. The Clown is only meant to look terrifying when it's making it's strike, not when it's supposed to lure and create a scene of confusion so that they come to it themselves.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Here's to creating another generation of people deathly afraid of fucking clowns. GG
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Yeah not gonna lie ... i want to watch this.

10+ Year Old Account
    What... No Tim Curry? Boooo!

To be honest this actually doesn't look to bad. Not a fan of remakes but come on, other than Tim Curry's over the top acting the first adaptation wasnt that great... its certainly aged badly too.

I must admit the first It did make me afraid of clowns... Well IT and the Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-29 at 10:25 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I assume they are going to have the second half of the movie be with the adults. Assuming they didn't go with no-name actors, who did they cast as the adult versions of the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I assume they are going to have the second half of the movie be with the adults. Assuming they didn't go with no-name actors, who did they cast as the adult versions of the kids?
    My take on that is that they'd use that part as sequel. It's a massive book to cover and fitting it into one movie wouldn't work too well.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the original movie was in fact a two part tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well the original movie was in fact a two part tv series.
    It's combined run-time was well over 3 hours and cut a shitload of things, plenty of which were major points or events to even make it into that timeframe.

It doesn't look -terrible- but it looks like an average modern jumpscare-y horror film.

The best we can hope for is that it's more Babadook and less Nightmare on Elm Street (2010), and that's not a lot either.

I don't know, movies like Don't Breathe or Green Room are exploring more interesting paths than anything that could come out of a remake from a 90's movie that, honestly, didn't age too well. Visually or conceptually.

Clowns are creepy, kids are vulnerable, and magic monsters who break the laws of physics are hard to stop.

What does a movie like this have to offer than a show like Stranger Things won't do better in a single episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It doesn't look -terrible- but it looks like an average modern jumpscare-y horror film.
    Myeah. Well, that's what the movie execs wanted. The original director slated for this wanted to go into the direction of grim psychological horror which would've suited the tone and the vision of the book. Since he didn't back down on the it must have jump scares matter he was replaced. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    My take on that is that they'd use that part as sequel. It's a massive book to cover and fitting it into one movie wouldn't work too well.
    You're correct. Looks like it will be two movies. I never read the book and only know what I remember from the tv movie. So I wasn't aware anything was cut.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...rts-pennywise/

Still you would think that they would have started casting for the adults by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the trailer and I'm stoked.
    Give me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezlar View Post
    If they remake this film, thats the day I stop watching films.
    Better remake all the Superhero movies (Spiderman, Hulk etc) for money right ?
    This was a smart movie and not just jump-scare crap.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".