Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    In what order do you avaluate the legendaries for 7.2, from best to worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    In what order do you avaluate the legendaries for 7.2, from best to worst.
    My personal list:

1)bracers
    2)trinket
    3)ring
    4)belt
    5)head
    6)shoulder
    7)prydaz
    8)sephuz
    9)agrammar
    10)acherus drape

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    My personal list:

1)bracers
    2)trinket
    3)ring
    4)belt
    5)head
    6)shoulder
    7)prydaz
    8)sephuz
    9)agrammar
    10)acherus drape
    Id put sephuz a lot higher if a fight has opportunity to proc it more than just smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    The highest dps I've done on a relatively long fight (Trillax Normal - pug - 4.5 minutes - a virtual target dummy) has been with Belt, Sephuz and SR talent (trinkets were foci and 860 Arcano) and hitting over 815k dps.

The RNG was real on that fight as well as unintentional scrubber cleave. When I had taken out the damage from scrubbers, it still averaged over 795k dps on Trillax. I've never seen numbers like that on much shorter Trillax fights/ Star Augur fights/ Krosus fights, despite them being much shorter kill times with my guild. It's a shame I didn't log that one.
    I think your memory might be playing some tricks on you. The highest recorded log for a 4 minute+ Trilliax normal kill on warcraftlogs.com lists am Unholy DK doing 696k damage.

Beating that by 17% would be unlikely to say the least. Probably your damage meters bugged out or something.

Just for comparison, what is your DPS on the best Trilliax Normal fight you do have a log for?
    Last edited by Sulika; 2017-03-28 at 01:17 PM.

Arent we getting buffed with the patch?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blizz forgot us for the new hero class. Hey DK's! Remember when you were fun and badass? Yeah? Well that ships sailed, boyos!! When you finally catch up to the rest of the raid, you can enjoy doing mid pack DPS at best, if the stars align and the RNG gods smile!

Yeah, DK's are a hoot
    And shepherds we shall be...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm OK being in the middle of the pack... I just miss my raid utility atm (aoe grip and amz). I like the fact that the spec is challenging and I hate the ammount of rng involved (even more with the retarded legendary system). I will keep playing unholy DK as long as it is challenging and not at the bottom of the sea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    Arent we getting buffed with the patch?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blizz forgot us for the new hero class. Hey DK's! Remember when you were fun and badass? Yeah? Well that ships sailed, boyos!! When you finally catch up to the rest of the raid, you can enjoy doing mid pack DPS at best, if the stars align and the RNG gods smile!

Yeah, DK's are a hoot
    Go frost

Quote Originally Posted by Dedzio View Post
    Go frost
    LOL exactly. I dont want to play a plate wearing, dual wielding frost shaman tho. I am too stubborn and will stick with UH and stew :P
    And shepherds we shall be...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    I think your memory might be playing some tricks on you. The highest recorded log for a 4 minute+ Trilliax normal kill on warcraftlogs.com lists am Unholy DK doing 696k damage.

Beating that by 17% would be unlikely to say the least. Probably your damage meters bugged out or something.

Just for comparison, what is your DPS on the best Trilliax Normal fight you do have a log for?
    Not at all

Trillax

[3:21 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 658k dps - Normal

[3.27 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 734k dps - Heroic

[3:10 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 724k dps - Heroic

[3: 14 fight ] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 717k dps - Heroic

[6:16 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 584k dps - Mythic

Star Augur

[4:36 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 720k dps to boss - Heroic

[4:48 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 668k done to boss - Heroic ( a week later)

Krosus

[3:20 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=99 - 692k dps - Heroic

[3:22 fight] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done - 690k dps - Heroic

The point of all of this....RNG...poor personal performance (?)...fight tactics...padding (or lack of).

I admit, I don't have those logs of the 790+k dps on Trillax. I wished I logged it (I wasn't going for logs..I was leggos farming/dps testing)

But I hope the logs provide some sort of anecdotal evidence of the RNG of Unholy. Fight time, execution, a poor sting or SoW procs, bad personal performance.

Unholy is a medley of RNGjesus.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-03-28 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Unholy its a dead specc, and u see that when u go to class hall everyday -- 99% of the DK's are Frost. Its the reality.

Dont know why, Blizzard wants it like this. Its a shame because Unholy got a fun gameplay, badass artifacts (best artifacts design), cool pets, but..its a dead specc for high end raiding.

For PVP its ok, slow move yes, but i like.

I mainly a Unholy DK, but im a casual player.
    Didnt touched frost this xpac, i like 2hand weapons
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-03-30 at 10:04 AM.

I'd like to go back to Unholy...
    - bigger weapon for Blood Elves
    - new abomination
    - I really like the new DnD

but since I now got Frost helm and ring my Frostspecc is at least on par, if not better than Unholy. I'm terribly torn.

On the other hand Frost has the best transmogg ever of all times with the new challenge appearance + Mythic Nighthold set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy its a dead specc, and u see that when u go to class hall everyday -- 99% of the DK's are Frost. Its the reality.

Dont know why, Blizzard wants it like this. Its a shame because Unholy got a fun gameplay, badass artifacts (best artifacts design), cool pets, but..its a dead specc for high end raiding.

For PVP its ok, slow move, but i like.

I mainly a Unholy DK, but im a casual player.
    Didnt touched frost this xpac, i like 2hand weapons
    Claims of dead spec

Casual player

Please, show me some raid logs to sustain your dead spec argument - Unholy is far from a top 5 dps spec, but even further from being a dead spec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmchellfire View Post
    Claims of dead spec

Casual player

Please, show me some raid logs to sustain your dead spec argument - Unholy is far from a top 5 dps spec, but even further from being a dead spec
    Maybe u didnt get the point of my post.

edit: im not talking about numbers, im reporting what i see when i go to class hall everyday, its rare find an unholy dk.
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-03-30 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe u didnt get the point of my post.
    "Unholy is a dead specc"

That's all I needed to see to know that the statement was horribly shortsighted - When you make claims like this, can you provide any actual information to support that claim other than "99% of the DK's are Frost"

More than likely because BoS was overpowered due to a broken Legendary, that has now been nerfed, and some BoS players prefer the playstyle over UH, and the other half of Frost players that play MG Frost by choice, prefer to play a faceroll spec rather than something more technically challenging<-- Neither of these are due to the fact hat Unholy is a "dead specc"

Deleted
    For some reason, Frost its the most played/common specc by far.

Why? I dont know. As i said before, i play unholy.
    From my experience as a casual player (i dont raid mythics), i find Unholy excellent in PVP and M+, but not so good in normal/hc raiding as my Frost comrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, Frost its the most played/common specc by far. Why? I dont know.
    I just told you why

"More than likely because BoS was overpowered due to a broken Legendary, that has now been nerfed, and some BoS players prefer the play style over UH, and the other half of Frost players that play MG Frost by choice, prefer to play a faceroll spec rather than something more technically challenging"

I just told you why

"More than likely because BoS was overpowered due to a broken Legendary, that has now been nerfed, and some BoS players prefer the play style over UH, and the other half of Frost players that play MG Frost by choice, prefer to play a faceroll spec rather than something more technically challenging"
    Or they, you know, prefer to play Frost because:
    1) No pet to babysit
    2) AOE stun
    3) AoE damage is not tied to a 30 second CD that is a circle bolted to the floor.
    3) Several good legendaries(as opposed to the 1 maybe 2 good UH legos)
    4) Itemization is largely based on iLVL
    5) Less RNG(This technically doesn't say much since a deck of cards has less RNG than Unholy.)
    6) Flavor of the month. Frost has a very good reputation right now, so when M+/aotc groups are looking you up on wowprogress, being a frost dk is probably going to score some bonus points with the raid lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Redclass View Post
    1) No pet to babysit
    2) AOE stun
    3) AoE damage is not tied to a 30 second CD that is a circle bolted to the floor.
    5) Less RNG(This technically doesn't say much since a deck of cards has less RNG than Unholy.)
    6) Flavor of the month. Frost has a very good reputation right now, so when M+/aotc groups are looking you up on wowprogress, being a frost dk is probably going to score some bonus points with the raid lead.
    You also forgot: BoS is a simple rotation to play over UH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redclass View Post
    1) No pet to babysit
    2) AOE stun
    More than half of what you just said is covered in "Prefer the BoS play style to Unholy" <- This covers point 1/2/3/5

Unholy has quite a few viable legendaries, KJBW, Uvanimor, Instructors, Prydaz is amazing for stats, Sephuz is decent, so the legendary argument portion doesn't even make sense, this is not 7.0 where we had 1 or 2 viable legendary options.

More than half of what you just said is covered in "Prefer the BoS play style to Unholy" <- This covers point 1/2/3/5

Unholy has quite a few viable legendaries, KJBW, Uvanimor, Instructors, Prydaz is amazing for stats, Sephuz is decent, so the legendary argument portion doesn't even make sense, this is not 7.0 where we had 1 or 2 viable legendary options.
    Oh I misunderstood your original statement. I thought you were trying to say that Frost players only chose that spec because of the OP helm. My bad.

As far as legendaries goes, viable isn't good. viable is viable. Viable means it won't gimp your play. When I sim myself using the legendary bracers(some day i may actually get them) my DPS goes up by 40k. I consider that a good legendary. Go frost and you got, the helm, ring, bracers, belt, and soon enough the pants.

The point is, Frost DKs don't get sad when they get a throughput legendary. Any UH DKs excited to get the shoulders? Belt? Ring? If you're describing Prydaz as an amazing legendary for UH DKs, I think it's fair to admit we have a problem.