Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Considering the man is usually the one who initiates talks, the date, physical contact and just about everything else it's an uneven investment.

But that's not the point. It doesn't matter if the woman invests time, we were talking about prostitution.

You're trying to demonise it. You can either invest money and have no pressure sex with a prostitute, or you can invest time, effort and money in a date and get nothing, or get sex where the pressure is on you and you have to perform.

Is it that illogical in your head that many would choose the former? Even rich, hot dudes that could score a 9+.
    I don't give a shit if you go to a prostitute or not. You're doing it wrong if you go to one though. It's easier and cheaper to just go on tinder than to go to a prostitute here. Like an hour of intercourse costs 160$ or some shit. No date will cost that. Grabbing someone off tinder if you just want to have sex might cost 10-20$ for netflix and chill with snacks maybe some alcohol and then sex.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-03-30 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    I don't give a shit if you go to a prostitute or not. You're doing it wrong if you go to one though. It's easier and cheaper to just go on tinder than to go to a prostitute here. Like an hour of intercourse costs 160$ or some shit. No date will cost that. Grabbing someone off tinder if you just want to have sex might cost 10-20$ for netflix and chill with snacks maybe some alcohol and then sex.

Says who, you? I already explained to you why many still prefer prostitutes. You know a proper prostitute will be professional about it. With a Tinder date you're still inviting a stranger into your house that, for all you know, could do some really embarrassing things, not to mention rob you or god knows what else. You have virtually no screening.

Then there's of course the fact that with a prostitute it's all about your pleasure and you don't need to worry about the other person gossiping about you. It's basically very expensive masturbation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been out of the dating scene for over 8 years now. So when I was still looking, Tinder didn't exist, so I really don't know much about it.

That said, how easy is it really? Like, can a unattractive person get laid within 24 hours? I'm asking because obviously not everyone is conventionally attractive. Can an average, or below average person get laid quick and easy? Or is it only that easy for attractive people?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can either invest money and have no pressure sex with a prostitute, or you can invest time, effort and money in a date and get nothing, or get sex where the pressure is on you and you have to perform.

Is it that illogical in your head that many would choose the former? Even rich, hot dudes that could score a 9+.
    The pleasure of the human sexual experience has fuck all to do with logic. So trying to bring logic to the argument is illogical.

Sex has a huge emotional component (and I am not just talking about love, I am talking also about lust and ego and empathy and forming an intimate connection with another human being). It is an experience that engages us in our entirety.

Trying to compare the experience of a sexual encounter with a prostitute with the art of seduction is like comparing a taxi ride with owning a Ferrari.

Deleted
    Says who, you? I already explained to you why many still prefer prostitutes. You know a proper prostitute will be professional about it. With a Tinder date you're still inviting a stranger into your house that, for all you know, could do some really embarrassing things, not to mention rob you or god knows what else. You have virtually no screening.

Then there's of course the fact that with a prostitute it's all about your pleasure and you don't need to worry about the other person gossiping about you. It's basically very expensive masturbation.
    Sounds like you should stop being so paranoid if you think someone from tinder is going to rob you.

10+ Year Old Account

A prostitute at $160 an hour? I've gone on dates where I didn't get laid and spend well over $160. Dating/hook sites don't exactly guarantee you will get laid either as far as I am aware. If you put up your best picture on your profile, but you don't look much like that IRL, when your date meets you, they may decide not to go through with it.

At least with a prostitute there are minimal variables to be concerned with. Mainly, for me at least, she might not have a sexy school girl outfit handy, lol. But at least I still got laid!

And ofc no prostitute ever robbed a customer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I've been out of the dating scene for over 8 years now. So when I was still looking, Tinder didn't exist, so I really don't know much about it.

That said, how easy is it really? Like, can a unattractive person get laid within 24 hours? I'm asking because obviously not everyone is conventionally attractive. Can an average, or below average person get laid quick and easy? Or is it only that easy for attractive people?
    Idk. I can only speak from my own experience. If I'd go on tinder now I'd have a high chance of being at someones place later in the evening if I wanted to have sex.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you should stop being so paranoid if you think someone from tinder is going to rob you.
    You shouldn't be so gullible to think criminals haven't figured out Tinder yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The pleasure of the human sexual experience has fuck all to do with logic. So trying to bring logic to the argument is illogical.

Sex has a huge emotional component (and I am not just talking about love, I am talking also about lust and ego and empathy and forming an intimate connection with another human being). It is an experience that engages us in our entirety.

Trying to compare the experience of a sexual encounter with a prostitute with the art of seduction is like comparing a taxi ride with owning a Ferrari.
    The difference between someone that understands sex, and one who does not, summarized in one post right here!

No wonder there's such a market for prostitutes still considering just how many men don't seem to be in on sex for anything but their own localized pleasure. Don't want to care about the partner? Rent one that won't care about you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    A prostitute at $160 an hour? I've gone on dates where I didn't get laid and spend well over $160. Dating/hook sites don't exactly guarantee you will get laid either as far as I am aware. If you put up your best picture on your profile, but you don't look much like that IRL, when your date meets you, they may decide not to go through with it.

At least with a prostitute there are minimal variables to be concerned with. Mainly, for me at least, she might not have a sexy school girl outfit handy, lol. But at least I still got laid!
    How do you even spend that much on a date? Go for a fika, order some stuff you want, have fun and talk with the you went there with, leave with having paid less than 30$ and if you mesh, high chance of sex happening.

10+ Year Old Account

Depends on what you are looking for. Using your analogy, is the goal to race around the track? Or is it just to get to your destination. A prostitute will get you where you need to go. If you are just looking for some sex, then they serve that purpose. If you are looking for the thrill of the chase, and all the excitement that comes with passionate sex, then you should be looking elsewhere. It's a case by case scenario.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm for it, but still choose to not be part of it myself. Not due to some moral qualms, just caution.
    Agreed as well. There are many valid reasons to not want sex on a first date, especially for people who are prepared to take a long view of things instead of simply looking at short term gain.

It has been my experience that the best relationships are about more than just sex. The more you invest in the relationship, the more rewarding it is. Having sex on the first date is fun, but if this is a pattern, likely augers a brief dalliance with very limited rewards. Holding off on the sex for several dates tends to result in a much better, longer term and rewarding outcome, even if it means missing out on potential sex in the short term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You shouldn't be so gullible to think criminals haven't figured out Tinder yet.
    It would be quite stupid to use tinder for that. You're gonna be an easy criminal to track if you rob your tinder dates.

Trying to compare the experience of a sexual encounter with a prostitute with the art of seduction is like comparing a taxi ride with taking lease on Ferrari.
    fixed that for you - you never own the woman she can always decide that f.. it shes leaving while after you pay prostitute your guaranteeed service

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    fixed that for you - you never own the woman she can always decide that f.. it shes leaving while after you pay prostitute your guaranteeed service
    No, they can just take the money and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you even spend that much on a date? Go for a fika, order some stuff you want, have fun and talk with the you went there with, leave with having paid less than 30$.
    A few reasons.

1: I don't do coffee, lol.
    2: I like taking people out to dinner.
    3: If alcohol is involved, the bill can ramp up pretty high pending on theirs and my tastes.
    4: I live in NJ which happens to be one of the most expensive states in the U.S. so dates can get pricey.

My g/f and I went on a date early on at Cheesecake Factory. The time we spent there was easily $160, and that doesn't include any other activities we went out to do.-

How do you even spend that much on a date? Go for a fika, order some stuff you want, have fun and talk with the you went there with, leave with having paid less than 30$ and if you mesh, high chance of sex happening.
    because not eveyrbody is 20 years old and satisfied with date in mcdonalds/starbucks ? good restaurant + good wine / cinema/theater will be easily 100 $ +, same liek going to good club and having multiple drinks during dancing there .

standards go up when you are geting older.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-03-30 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they can just take the money and leave.
    That also depends. Are you visiting a brothel? Or is this someone off a street corner. I personally would only deal with Brothels where you are checked before hand, and the women have a certificate of clean health available. Those places are also taxed, so the employees are tracked.

Never was a fan of that sort of thing in my dating days, still won't be if I'm ever single again.