Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I think this article is missing the real question.

Does it have a headphone jack?
    Can't you just use wireless headphones with Bluetooth these days anyway.

It does.
    USB type-C tho... And no radio.
    The phone packs a bunch of goodies.
    The only con I can find (aside from the lulz wtf price) is the non-removable battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Yeah but I'm too cheap/lazy to order some off AliExpress, while I seem to always have half a dozen pairs of ordinary headphones though. That and I like just being able to plug the damn thing in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It does.
    The only con I can find (aside from the lulz wtf price) is the non-removable battery.
    I'm fine with no radio, I can't remember the last time I even used the radio on a phone. USB type-C is nice though, since I hear that technology is much less awful than old-style USB, but the lack of a separate headphone jack is still stupid. Why are you trying to copy the dumb ideas Apple had?

Lack of a removable battery is fine too. The only reason I ever removed the battery in my S5 was if it crashed.

Ah well. I have no plans to upgrade my S7 any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the specs are in fact what I saw with that price tag, Samsung has lost their minds but most people only know of the iPhone or the Galaxy so they will be alright.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a new phone, the battery in my Note Edge (2+ years old) is finally starting to die and i figure instead of just buying new battery I may as well get new phone. DEBATING the S8, but not 100% sure if i wanna stick with Samsung again after the S7 failures. What would be a good Android phone to get instead if S8 ends up being a bomb? (Metaphorically. Hopefully)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    The size of that thing.

Yeah but I'm too cheap/lazy to order some off AliExpress, while I seem to always have half a dozen pairs of ordinary headphones though. That and I like just being able to plug the damn thing in.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fine with no radio, I can't remember the last time I even used the radio on a phone. USB type-C is nice though, since I hear that technology is much less awful than old-style USB, but the lack of a separate headphone jack is still stupid. Why are you trying to copy the dumb ideas Apple had?

Lack of a removable battery is fine too. The only reason I ever removed the battery in my S5 was if it crashed.

Ah well. I have no plans to upgrade my S7 any time soon.
    Because its like 50 year old tech, its ancient, time for it to die. This is the start of that death.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    S7 and S8 are allmost the same typical its not only samsung you want money ? then do only step by step progress in technology .....
    As if this is not the case with just about every phone manufacturer now.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    What's a bezel? Never encountered that word before.
    Non-screen area on the surface.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Yes, yes it does have a headphone jack

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It is useful, as it has a use, but you snobs make it seem like it matters which measurement is used.
    Best to ignore them as they try to turn every thread into an anti-American one.

Ever back to topic...
    I didn't realize Samsung lost that much in the US. Was it just the US units they had issues with? I am an iPhone user as is the rest of my family so I really didn't pay much attention to the details when the phones were recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Especially with newer versions of Android going to have HiFi Bluetooth. Wonderful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Best to ignore them as they try to turn every thread into an anti-American one.

Ever back to topic...
    I didn't realize Samsung lost that much in the US. Was it just the US units they had issues with? I am an iPhone user as is the rest of my family so I really didn't pay much attention to the details of the story.
    Tl;Dr: Release. First explosions. Recall. Second rollout of approved phones. More explosions. Second recall. Discontinued note 7.

People complaining about a separate headphone jack: when was the last time you charged or connected your phone to a computer while also using wired headphones?

That's literally what you're complaining about. Keeping that old ancient tech for that one functionality. You spent $800 on your phone, you can probs spend another 30 or so for Bluetooth headphones/earphones.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It does.
    No radio? Usually have FM on the soc, so that's news to me. Usually the Qualcomm variety that we get in the US has it baked in.

Usb-c is gold, no need for mhl anymore, you can just adapt to HDMI or display port or thunderbolt.

Also the only good thing about non-removable batteries is the ip-68 cert.

Pre-ordered the S8 and S8 Plus this morning. Really excited.

The S7 Edge is hands down the best phone I have ever used- I felt the same about the S6 Edge until I bought the S7 Edge.

Though I am hyped for the LG G6- which I will pick up in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pre-ordered the S8 and S8 Plus this morning. Really excited.

The S7 Edge is hands down the best phone I have ever used- I felt the same about the S6 Edge until I bought the S7 Edge.

Though I am hyped for the LG G6- which I will pick up in a couple of months.
    The note 7 was wonderful for the few months I had it. Sad times were had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I have an S7 currently and have had a few other Galaxy phones, and no, they can go fuck off. The smaller phone is 5.8 in? Do they expect everyone to have a purse to stick that in...

I almost got an iphone instead of an S7, but I hated iOS enough that I still didn't switch. Looks like I probably will this year...
    You know there are far better android phones than Samsung right? Speaking purely of price/specs ratio... Samsungs are overpriced pieces of shit, just as much as iPhones...

They didn't lose me in the first place. Using samsung smartphones for over 7 years now, and i dont plan on stopping that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    You know there are far better android phones than Samsung right? Speaking purely of price/specs ratio... Samsungs are overpriced pieces of shit, just as much as iPhones...
    Which other smartphone has a 4k hdr display?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Which other smartphone has a 4k hdr display?
    Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Also what do you need a 4k hdr display on a phone for?