10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Building relays is not completely out of the question.

Well, repair, and build from scratch are two different things tho..

Ok im slightly confused about Kett sterility. I know the original ones were before they started exiltating other races, the the current ones aren't anymore correct?
    Primus mentions something about her ancestors being Kett, implying she was born from a Kett, then we have the Fiend you use for the Krogan pit fight, that the shaman says lured 2 males to help her. but i supposed Primus could have been speaking figuratively, and the shaman didn't know what he was talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Technically, if you move at the speed very close to the speed of light, even in real world, the space shrinks, or, equivalently, the time slows down in your frame of reference. So in the real world it is very much possible to reach Andromeda in 600 years.

At the same time, however, in the Milky Way over 2.5 million years would have passed. You definitely wouldn't be able to communicate with its civilization, because, if there is one to be found 2.5 million years from now, it is going to be too different for you to comprehend their level of interaction.
    With that in mind, the e0 drive compresses mass of an object. Not the space-time. The ship could fly faster-than-light speeds and the speed>mass factor doesn´t affect it.. but what about the time? Kinda left out in ME universe.. (And according to wiki, the ships are succumbed to time-dillatation, wich however is not reflected in-game)

- - - Updated - - -
    @Very Tired.. well i wikie´d something about your thought, and the ME Wiki kinda answered your question:

The exact FTL speeds at which starships of the modern galaxy travel are unknown. It is noted, however, that Reapers are believed to be capable of traveling nearly 30 light-years (283,821,914,177,424,000 meters) within a 24-hour period, and that this rate is roughly twice what Citadel starships are capable of traveling. This equates Reaper FTL capabilities to around 10,957 times the speed of light.

In comparison, by 2165, human starships are known to be capable of traveling at least fifty times faster the speed of light (14,989,622,900 meters per second).

The Andromeda Initiative Arks are capable of traversing 2.5 million light-years (about 23,651,321,000,000,000,000,000 meters) in 600 years[1], putting their FTL capabilities to about 4,167 times the speed of light.

The Tempest ship of the Andromeda Initiative is capable of traversing 13 light-years per day.
    Last edited by DaveL; 2017-04-01 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    With that in mind, the e0 drive compresses mass of an object. Not the space-time. The ship could fly faster-than-light speeds and the speed>mass factor doesn´t affect it.. but what about the time? Kinda left out in ME universe.. (And according to wiki, the ships are succumbed to time-dillatation, wich however is not reflected in-game)

- - - Updated - - -
    @Very Tired.. well i wikie´d something about your thought, and the ME Wiki kinda answered your question:
    But if they could travel 30 LYs in 24 hours, it would have taken them 66 something days to travel the 2000 LYs from the destroyed Batarian relay to the next.

Assuming the numbers are correct it's 2000 LYs and the gap between ME2 and ME3 is 1 year. The reaper invasion should have started much sooner. Of course, we could always consider the possibility of Harbinger reading the space map wrong.

Also, if it was possible, building a relay should be the top priority of the Andromeda group, seeing as they are still using technology from 2165 and the rest of the Milky Way is centuries past that by now. They could just show up at the Milky Way and ask for free stuff.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-04-01 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    But if they could travel 30 LYs in 24 hours, it would have taken them 66 something days to travel the 2000 LYs from the destroyed Batarian relay to the next.

Assuming the numbers are correct it's 2000 LYs and the gap between ME2 and ME3 is 1 year. The reaper invasion should have started much sooner. Of course, we could always consider the possibility of Harbinger reading the space map wrong.
    They didn´t arrive to the batarian relay (the Alpha relay) at all. They could be cut off in middle of flight, or they didn´t started the journey at all.
    And between destruction of Alpha relay and final arrival of the Reapers is 6 months. And they took detour to different relay (somwhere in batarian space).
    So basically, It took them 6 months to figure out new path and arrive to galaxy. From that you can calculate distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    wOOt wOOt, finished the campaign.

That last fight on Hardcore was . . . intense. Gotta to be insane on, well, insanity.

Still, with all said and done, I think despite the glitches and flaws and rushed development, it was an excellent game. Perhaps not Trilogy quality, but definitely great potential for DLCs and, in a few years, Mass Effect 5. After all, there's still the Scourge and the Kett, and more beyond Heleus to explore.

- - - Updated - - -

"You idiots! This isn't the Milky Way! Can't you tell the Milky Way from a globular cluster?"

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and, beware of after credits scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

At the same time, however, in the Milky Way over 2.5 million years would have passed. You definitely wouldn't be able to communicate with its civilization, because, if there is one to be found 2.5 million years from now, it is going to be too different for you to comprehend their level of interaction.
    I thought Mass Effect cores circumvented relativity because . . . space magic and element zero? At least, I think the Codex says something of those lines.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I thought Mass Effect cores circumvented relativity because . . . space magic and element zero? At least, I think the Codex says something of those lines.
    nope, as i said above, ships are subjected to time-dilatation. Like, the Arks travelled for 600 years.. but (math2hard) like 8 months passed onboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exploration of the Heleus cluster would be normal if not for the Relays. Stuck in an area making the best out of it because everywhere else is unexplored. It is akin to Earth not exploring the Local Cluster because they found the Charon Relay.

Protheans built a Relay, Asari have proposed building a Relay. With Remnant tech laying around and AI's knowledge about the Relays, it could be feasible to build a one.

Though to connect all the way to the Milky Way said relay must be magnitudes bigger than even the Citadel. And what would it connect to? It wouldn't have no counterpart on MW end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jardaan´s Remnant tech isn´t even on Prothean level.

ME3 was a better game, both SP and MP.

MEA's MP pisses me off. Bronze shouldn't be as hard as it is. Bronze is for figuring your kit out and how to play the game. Silver and Gold should be for challenge. ME3's MP had a good challenge level. Bronze was easy. Silver was moderate, depending on ability and team, and Gold was hard, but doable with the right skill.

I dunno, maybe I can't play, but after four frustrating loses, in bronze, in a row, I gave up.
    Yeah if your a fresh character with crap guns its pretty much impossible to get a full extraction. Theres a bug where if your team is all ready and you click ready before your character loads(i think thats what causes it) you end up with a base apex human with no skills and you cant use any items, you just get a lvl 1 avenger and the shotgun. So after like wave 4 or so ur squishy as fuck and your shots do shit dmg its almost impossible to kill anything. You pretty much need to use Cobra Missile Launchers on the later waves if you don't have good gear or at least 5 lvls so if you get a whole squad of noobs your pretty much fucked at getting an extraction.

Once you get some lvls under you bronze becomes easier tho. Considering that bronze is ment for lvl 1s tho its kinda bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Once you get some lvls under you bronze becomes easier tho. Considering that bronze is ment for lvl 1s tho its kinda bullshit.
    Yeah, that's kind of my take on Bronze. Bronze shouldn't become easy. It should be easy right off the bat.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    FTL in the Mass Effect universe is based on the free generalization of the energy principle. In real world, the objects of finite mass can only travel slower than the speed of light (the energy goes into infinity as you approach the speed of light), and the objects of zero rest mass can only travel at the speed of light (otherwise the energy becomes null, and such object doesn't manifest itself in the universe). Eezo generalizes it into the negative masses: positive mass - below the speed of light, zero mass - at the speed of light, negative mass - over the speed of light. Eezo field (similar to Higgs field) defines the mass of objects and can reduce it down to negative values.

I'm not sure what happens with time dilation here, but it is possible that it is just very small to really notice it: a few days when traveling from one star system to another, for example.

Also, if it was possible, building a relay should be the top priority of the Andromeda group, seeing as they are still using technology from 2165 and the rest of the Milky Way is centuries past that by now. They could just show up at the Milky Way and ask for free stuff.
    Given the technological difference, as well as the difference in terms of resources, it would make more sense for the Milky Way civilizations to build a Mass Relay to Andromeda. Although, from what I remember from the lore, you can't just build one relay and direct it to a random location in space, you need to have both relays built and connected - so the Milky Way civilizations would have to send out another expedition to Andromeda to establish such a loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Given the technological difference, as well as the difference in terms of resources, it would make more sense for the Milky Way civilizations to build a Mass Relay to Andromeda. Although, from what I remember from the lore, you can't just build one relay and direct it to a random location in space, you need to have both relays built and connected - so the Milky Way civilizations would have to send out another expedition to Andromeda to establish such a loop.
    It would have been funny if they arrived in Andromeda, only to find their children's children's having been there for ages before. Having perfected better technology and traveling the distance in a much shorter time.

"You guys slept for 600 years to get here? Not a great plan."

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Yeah if your a fresh character with crap guns its pretty much impossible to get a full extraction. Theres a bug where if your team is all ready and you click ready before your character loads(i think thats what causes it) you end up with a base apex human with no skills and you cant use any items, you just get a lvl 1 avenger and the shotgun. So after like wave 4 or so ur squishy as fuck and your shots do shit dmg its almost impossible to kill anything. You pretty much need to use Cobra Missile Launchers on the later waves if you don't have good gear or at least 5 lvls so if you get a whole squad of noobs your pretty much fucked at getting an extraction.

I assumed that varied based on build. Some, like krogan vanguard and krogan merc seem to practically breeze through waves with just headbutt. Once yuo get them leveled up it just gets downright silly... a raging krogan can one or two shot normal sized enemies while raging.

edit:

I think I only ever had an issue on bronze was when I forgot it wasn't tuned like SP and I couldn't near oneshot mooks with a headshot from a decent slow fire weapon (think sidewinder/mattock not Isharay/Widow). Or playing a squishier build that didn't have much in the way of offensive skills.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-04-01 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have been funny if they arrived in Andromeda, only to find their children's children's having been there for ages before. Having perfected better technology and traveling the distance in a much shorter time.

"You guys slept for 600 years to get here? Not a great plan."
    This is an interesting paradox we with my university friend discovered a while back. Suppose there is a quasar, 1 billion light years away. It makes no sense for us to send a ship to it today, because a ship sent 1000 years later will reach it much earlier. But 1000 years later, it won't make sense to send a ship again, as a ship sent 1000 years later still will arrive much earlier. Logically continuing this chain, we come to the conclusion that a ship will never be sent to that quasar.

Luckily, Andromeda is much closer, and in the Mass Effect universe fast travel is much more efficient, so this paradox doesn't really arise in this form.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Guys and gals, mind if I ask you to use spoilers? Games is not even month old.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Deleted
    lol don´t know how, but i can now teleport trough walls, doors, objects when i use my meele attack! no more searching the door for me! (like vetra´s mission, when you have to escape )

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    lol don´t know how, but i can now teleport trough walls, doors, objects when i use my meele attack! no more searching the door for me! (like vetra´s mission, when you have to escape )
    It was a pretty common thing in previous ME games with the biotic teleport. Very useful at times. I tried it with the Asari sword but couldn't get into locked rooms or anything.

So i have a question. Since this games release I have been in 3-4 multiplayer matches where i have either had unlimited ammo + godmode or in my most recent match godmode+1 shot kills. Is the host doing this?