Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because if we replace every sacrifice with sexual innuendo, illidans lore will get much better.
    The worst part about this joke is that there's way too much truth in it to be considered one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    in that artwork she looks alot like a younger version of tyrande i like it.
    Elves are like taller chineses, they all look alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There are actually plenty of fan-arts/fan-fics with the same things... Trust me.

And that's actually true, the "let her feel the same pain as I had" were just Maiev thoughts.
    Ehm, not true...

Quoting from the very book itself:

He took one last, lingering glance at Maiev and promised himself that she would suffer as he had. Ten thousand years would not be too many for her to endure. She would not live for another ten millennia, so he would need to find a way to concentrate all that agony into a much shorter span. There would be enough time to consider such things later.
    Page 181, World of Warcraft: Illidan.

They need to make Maiev's character not so dependent on Illidan's. I find Wardens really cool and they have much more potential than to be just Illidan's captors. So far in 7.2 it's like she can't think about anything else than Illidan. Maybe she really has hots for him lol.

K I L L I N G ..... each other.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    They need to make Maiev's character not so dependent on Illidan's. I find Wardens really cool and they have much more potential than to be just Illidan's captors. So far in 7.2 it's like she can't think about anything else than Illidan. Maybe she really has hots for him lol.
    She spent ten thousand years guarding him. She's dedicated her life and career towards being a warden, and he is the one task she failed at. She's sacrificed numerous friends, allies and others lives to recapture or kill him, only to end up captured herself for a time. He's the one and only prisoner she couldn't keep in check, a constant living reminder of her failed decisions which lead to the death of her sisters and friends.

Of course she's obsessed with him, but probably not in a romantic way...

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    She spent ten thousand years guarding him. She's dedicated her life and career towards being a warden, and he is the one task she failed at. She's sacrificed numerous friends, allies and others lives to recapture or kill him, only to end up captured herself for a time. He's the one and only prisoner she couldn't keep in check, a constant living reminder of her failed decisions which lead to the death of her sisters and friends.

Of course she's obsessed with him, but probably not in a romantic way...
    I agree but now that Illidan is on our side in Legion there's no point in being obssesed anymore. She even says on the broken shore that she understands Illidan and Illidari are needed. Let her develop into something outside the whole Illidan's warden persona. Her character would become too boring if anytime she's in the spotlight she just talks about Illidan and demon hunters.

It's time for her to forgive herself for Illidan escaping and finally grow as a character. Wardens are too cool to not have their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    They're both crazy, and opposites. Perfect.
    I really want to see them sing Opposites Attract now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I foresee angry revenge sex.

What Blizzard does with their characters is beyond silly. In the novel "Wolfheart" Maiev was basically a serial killer who almost killed Malfurion. There's some serious PTSD sh*t going on and she should be locked up. Same with Illidan. He waged war on Shattrath and openly challenged the "heroes" (and in Legion some Naaru guy preaches that we killed Illidan because of our greed lol) to come and get him.
    "So you have defeated the Crimson Sigil. You now seek to challenge my rule? Not even Arthas could defeat me, yet you dare to even harbor such thoughts? Then I say to you, come! Come <name>! The Black Temple awaits..."
    Illidan was portrayed as being batsh*t insane at that point.

But I guess it's Warcraft after all.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-03-30 at 11:00 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    The offspring's power would be so great, even Sargeras himself quivers in fear....
    Where would it come from?

Most of Illidan's power comes via demonic sources, and Maiev was never exceptionally powerfull. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Where would it come from?

Most of Illidan's power comes via demonic sources, and Maiev was never exceptionally powerfull. :P
    Never said power in strength...

I ment power in edginess...

I would pay for an official sex tape.

oh, cmon! maiev is the perfect tsundere! i shipped them months ago and no one listened
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I sense alot of pressure. Pressure that can be released with a long, angry sex.
    Rule 34 will bite down on this and not let go. Mark my words.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What Blizzard does with their characters is beyond silly. In the novel "Wolfheart" Maiev was basically a serial killer who almost killed Malfurion. There's some serious PTSD sh*t going on and she should be locked up. Same with Illidan. He waged war on Shattrath and openly challenged the "heroes" (and in Legion some Naaru guy preaches that we killed Illidan because of our greed lol) to come and get him.
    "So you have defeated the Crimson Sigil. You now seek to challenge my rule? Not even Arthas could defeat me, yet you dare to even harbor such thoughts? Then I say to you, come! Come <name>! The Black Temple awaits..."
    Illidan was portrayed as being batsh*t insane at that point.

But I guess it's Warcraft after all.
    Nah, it's just the retcon. They just decided to throw out all the stuff that made him an interesting and tragic hero in WC3 in order to fit in the demon hunters as playable.

I don't think their justification was too bad all told, but it's definitely hackneyed how they did it.

Illidan was much better as a broken man, merely a figurehead for his Illidari faction - Kael and the Belf council being the true powers as he sat in his tower and moped over his loss to Arthas and his fear that the Legion whom he had tried to serve and betrayed in his loss to Arthas would come after him.

They really could have done something with that, but it was probably too much depth to work into a video game where they just needed some fast backstory.

On topic, yeah. You get this wild crazy ex-girlfriend vibe from Maiev throughout WC3. All she ever cares about is locking Illidan back up and turns a blind eye that her duty is equally her prison as much as his.

Illidan for the most part is ambivalent about her but also he's a bully with a vice for ironic cruelty. So locking her up is only fitting to his way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Nah, it's just the retcon. They just decided to throw out all the stuff that made him an interesting and tragic hero in WC3 in order to fit in the demon hunters as playable.

I don't think their justification was too bad all told, but it's definitely hackneyed how they did it.

Illidan was much better as a broken man, merely a figurehead for his Illidari faction - Kael and the Belf council being the true powers as he sat in his tower and moped over his loss to Arthas and his fear that the Legion whom he had tried to serve and betrayed in his loss to Arthas would come after him.

They really could have done something with that, but it was probably too much depth to work into a video game where they just needed some fast backstory.

On topic, yeah. You get this wild crazy ex-girlfriend vibe from Maiev throughout WC3. All she ever cares about is locking Illidan back up and turns a blind eye that her duty is equally her prison as much as his.

Illidan for the most part is ambivalent about her but also he's a bully with a vice for ironic cruelty. So locking her up is only fitting to his way of thinking.
    The whole BC was a bad script and I am still wondering what the heck did the people see in that storyline to claim was one of the best of world of warcraft and bout Illidan locking Maiev back at that time was also a ironic way for mock her.

Even if they hated each other to begin with, they've spent a LOT of time locked underground together. All those lonely vigils watching his cell, him being the only (very alpha!) male present...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Yeah, but why introduce Maiev as a psychopath in cataclysm when you're going to retcon it anyways?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yeah, but why introduce Maiev as a psychopath in cataclysm when you're going to retcon it anyways?
    I'm revisiting the Jarod Shadowsong/Maiev quests in BRH right now on an alt. One of Jarod's comments is that Maiev would never have committed those murders unless she was under some nefarious influence. He realizes now that he was too quick to judge and should have looked deeper for an explanation. He feels he was a bad brother. I don't remember if Maiev ever tells us more, but I'll update when I finish in a few minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

I may have missed some of it, but what I got was her being surprised Jarod came for her "even after I tried to..." and him replying "it's ok, I heard about what happened in the Vault". Maybe I'll read through the quests on WoWhead to see if there's more.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, Illidan doesn't hate Maiev. He is at best exasperated by her.
    Yeah he seemed pretty cool with that whole "imprisoned for 10,000 years" thing last time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.