Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I can't think of a single moment in Andromeda where there was any "SJW" agenda. Care to clarify?
    Except for the transexual, you mean?

" I left my galaxy because they got my gender wrong and no one understood me! ''

Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Except for the transexual, you mean?

" I left my galaxy because they got my gender wrong and no one understood me! ''

Please.
    I must have missed that. One character. Whoopity do.
    Putin khuliyo

I can't think of a single moment in Andromeda where there was any "SJW" agenda. Care to clarify?
    Why haven't the humans declared their obvious superiority over the angarans? Typical SJW nonsense is why of course. They just want us to all get along holding hands while we sing about how equal we all are.

I must have missed that. One character. Whoopity do.
    They had a trans in DA:I as well. Stop the pandering already.

It ruins immersion. My suspension of disbelief is fucking gone when apart from all the gay/bi companions ( and there's plenty ) there's also a trans in a medieval society.

10+ Year Old Account

It ruins immersion. My suspension of disbelief is fucking gone when apart from all the gay/bi companions ( and there's plenty ) there's also a trans in a medieval society.
    You're overblowing the portrayal of a minor character in a vast game. I don't even remember this "trans" in ME:A and the one in DA:I was just a minor character you could talk to a few times. Khem hardly had a role in the game.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Except for the transexual, you mean? " I left my galaxy because they got my gender wrong and no one understood me! '' Please.
    Except they didn't say that is why they left. They used the initiative as a fresh start. Nothing more nothing less and hardly a social justice warrior agenda. I personally think it reinforces how many of the initiative saw it as a way to start their life over rather then to be actual explorers.

""Back home, I was filling test tubes in some dead-end lab. People knew me as Stephan. But that was never who I was. I knew what I could do and I knew who I wanted to do it as. 'Hainly Abrams, Andromeda Explorer'. That's me. Feels good. Feels right.""

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#7f7ba3d61671 is an article I read earlier but couldn't find until now to share here. It is a small interview about the ending and its various story points. Clearly don't read unless you want to be spoiled.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

are you really arguing over a single character?... reminds me of trump supporters

10+ Year Old Account
    Asari are pansexual! That's it, Bioware. I'm done. I won't ever buy anything from you again!

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    The P.A.W. is a strange weapon. It doesn't really take into account mods that alter accuracy (it's a beam, it's accurate as fuck), nor mods that alter clip size (it doesn't need reloading, it just shoots until it overheats). Seems to me like the best AR, and you can't buy it anywhere from a vendor, for obvious reasons: it's an experimental weapon, duh.
    Mods that alter clip size DO affect it though. If you have a mod like that on the PAW, it allows it to shoot longer before overheating.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    nope, as i said above, ships are subjected to time-dilatation. Like, the Arks travelled for 600 years.. but (math2hard) like 8 months passed onboard.
    You got a source for that? because there's no reference to time dilation anywhere on the mass effect lore. Prothean tech, and Mass Effect technology essentially allow ships to completely bypass all laws of physics as we know today.

A ship in ME traveling at FTL speeds can go from 1 solar system to another in a matter of minutes. The closest solar system to us is Alpha Centauri, located at 4.1 lightyears away from us. In real life, a ship traveling at the speed of light, would take 4 years to travel from Sol to Alpha Centauri.

A ship in Mass Effect however, can travel from Sol to Alpha Centauri in like 10 minutes. 10 minutes pass within the ship, 10 minutes pass outside the ship.

The Arks traveled from the Milky Way, to Andromeda. It took 600 years to make the trip. 600 years passed outside the ship. 600 years passed inside the ship. This is why everyone had to be put in cryosleep, otherwise everyone but krogan and asari would be long dead before we got there. If inside the ship only 8 months passed between departure and arrival, there'd be no need to put anyone in cryo.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Mea has gays and transexuals, guess what we have them in real life, pretending they don't exist is the antithesis of realisem.

What really breaks the immersion is the fact that they screened every single person who went to Andromeda... and yet, so many people seemed eager to break away and live like outlaws who murder for their daily bread.

They didn't even last a single year...

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    What really breaks the immersion is the fact that they screened every single person who went to Andromeda... and yet, so many people seemed eager to break away and live like outlaws who murder for their daily bread.

It's kinda explained in the game though. Not sure if you got that far yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    It's kinda explained in the game though. Not sure if you got that far yet.
    To also add to the explanation I'm assuming you're talking about, there are clearly people who managed to go around the screening process in some way.

10+ Year Old Account

There's several reasons for that. One major one was that they didn't get what they expected. Remember, they left believing there were golden words waiting for them and when they got there, none of them panned out. That could easily lead to violence. No screening would have prevented it.
    Putin khuliyo

So I'm finally through with it after 99 hours and some odd minutes. In summary I can say I liked it overall, but I won't be playing it again. I don't enjoy the setting as much as I do the one of Dragon Age but it was worth it's money and an entertaining ride for the most part. I could have done without the lame and tedious ship exploration and map selection, that's for sure. I also think the chracters were a bit hit and miss. I don't think I outright hate any of the major ones (yes even Addison has been reduced to dislike) after playing through all the story missions. I even kinda liked the ending.

Wish they had explained more about it, but they set it up in a believable way. I hope they will make something out of our now learned ability to interface with remnant tech. The choices throughout the game were mostly fair and you didn't get completely fake controversial outcomes because of it. I want to see the Quarian Ark now and see what got the Remnant Creators running that also managed to drop the Scourge all over the system. I also want to deal with the Kett once and forall. The Idea of a Meridian style world is also quite neat - I hope they will use that properly should they have not offed the franchise here. I just wonder if we will have to wait for a sequel or if they will give us some decent DLC beforehand.
    The only thing I really missed was an option tell the other Pathfinders about what happened in the Milky Way. I think the ones I had at the end were decent folk that could be trusted and as the quasi representatives of their species they would have deserved to know the truth, at least as an optional choice.

I wish they game would have also been more selfaware.. man did I want to tell Cora and Pissbee to get someone to fix their mess, the retarded haircut/makeup was just attrocious and you had to look at it the whole damn game. A shame frostbit is a nightmare to mod, so no one will be able to fix this ;/. Edit: I also wish they would learn something from DA when it comes to biotics with magic being the DA equivalent. There are so many times when it just shatters immersion that you can snipe people with your mind, but you are absolutely impotent in cutscenes when the topic arises. It would be nice if they would find their RPG roots again here when it comes to the character development and the backstory and integrate this into the narrative, because my character was aknowled as neither techy, nor biotic, nor combat trained. I was just the pathfinder dude, which is lazy.

I'd probably rate it a 74/100, mostly because I don't think if rounded it is deserving of an 8/10 but it's also more than just a 7/10. Had they not had all the issues with the shitty animations, the butt ugly women characters, some of the less inspired systems in the game, a proper GUI with better handling of crafting, a better character creator with proper beards and a better save system, it would have easily reach a mid to high 8. But in the state it is in I think calling it a solid game with wasted potential is fair. I would like them to get the chance to build upon this, fix some of the systems, break their formulaic approach in a few more places (having structure is good, but it needs some things that stops if from becoming monotonous) and develop these characters further.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-04-01 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted

One completely side quest npc phrase over thousands of other phrases in the game? Really?

Fuck, for a game full of philosophical questions about God and creation and reproduction, ME:A is the least SJW game of all Bioware games.

- - - Updated - - -

They explained it several times along the game.

Picked up the game last weekend and having a blast. I'm level 16 and still doing things on Eos, haven't really gone to any other planet except to pick up Jaal on the Angara world. I'm playing as a mix of tech and combat, probably won't put any points into biotics at all since I plan on doing a Sara playthrough (playing as Scott now) and will have Sara be biotics focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They explained it several times along the game.
    Several? One side mission takes a fleeting glance at it and it is never mentioned again when it would have been appropriate to make sure to build more bridges with the exciles. There are also quite a few implications towards us essentially killing mentally ill people, I killed a shit ton of them on Kadara.

Deleted
    i am little disappointed with the lack of choices. you can´t kill most of the npc or be a bad guy.
    your choices doesn´t really matter.