Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Going by what I have seen from 300 episodes of Cops, American police use far too much force far too often. This on the other hand, just looks like gross incompetence. There is a middle ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    USA approach = GTA "Wasted" (Saves them Hours of paperwork)
    Sweden approach = Actually 'trying' to arrest a Criminal.

I'd rather have A broken car window than a dead body who didn't Deserve Death as a Punishment, But deserved Jail time to help Reflect his/her actions. Let's be Honest a 'Bar brawl' is nothing to be Killed over and this looks exactly like a bar brawl. Except 4 out of the 5 are wearing Uniforms.
    tens of thousands of people are arrested everyday here yet only very very small percentage of them are shot, if that's "USA approach" the police must be very bad at it.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Going by what I have seen from 300 episodes of Cops, American police use far too much force far too often. This on the other hand, just looks like gross incompetence. There is a middle ground.
    The truth of the matter is the police in certain parts of the USA have to deal with sub-cultures that foreign police forces probably couldn't even comprehend having to interact with on a daily basis.

Not that there isn't merit in criticizing our justice system, but for the sake of full open discussion I think that should be pointed out.

We literally have many many pockets of communities (some quite large) that violence is a way of life in the same way as me and you going to the store to pickup milk is a way of life.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-04-02 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The truth of the matter is the police in certain parts of the USA have to deal with sub-cultures that foreign police forces probably couldn't even comprehend having to interact with on a daily basis.

Not that there isn't merit in criticizing our justice system, but for the sake of full open discussion I think that should be pointed out.

We literally have many many pockets of communities (some quite large) that violence is a way of life in the same way as me and you going to the store to pickup milk is a way of life.
    Well I do think the fact that anyone in America could be armed with a gun certainly makes the cops in general more wary and less likely to screw around. On the other hand, the "certain parts" that you describe are only very small, 98% of police forces in America aren't living in that world, and yet they still act like they are, and I think that's a problem.

Just as a personal anecdote, I grew up in England, and I actually felt better when I saw police patrols in the town center. I now live in America, and when I see cops here, I don't feel safer, I feel apprehensive, even as a law abiding white guy. I mean, you could say that's irrational, but for whatever reason the police in the states does feel unnecessarily oppressive. I think it's probably that they have a lot more power at the individual level, there's less oversight and fewer consequences when they do screw up. Britain loves bureaucracy, red tape and procedures. You can say that makes their policing less effective, and sometimes it does, but it's a price I'm willing to pay if it means we don't see abuses of power.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    And I'll concede with logic that hopefully the majority of their police force isn't like this.

These three clearly need to go on admin duty and receive more training, at minimum maybe some Krav Maga or something similar.

I'd be pissed if I was a local resident and these three were assigned to their beat/zone in my neighborhood.
    Swedish police tend to be very well educated and trained. No idea what these are doing but then again, they might have a good reason to use very little force.
    Hard to say without know whats actually going on.

But again, it does look odd and they do seem to have no control at all.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Look, Sweden is so progressive, they send 3 women to deal with 1 invader, because equality and all of that.

Didn't end so well.
    3 idiots* Don't say women can't do things, because they can. These were jsut idiots.

These cops should not be out in the community enforcing the law. They need either more training or they need to be behind a desk where they or other people can't get hurt because of their inability to handle the situation.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Stupid post is stupid.

They are trying not to hurt him, everyone can shoot someone, as US cops do and 9/10 times the shot isnt justified and its a fat fuck that didnt wanna bother doing anything or let me rephrase it, could not do anything cause he probably does not have even the basics of training.

OH NOES, HE HURT THE GOVERNMENT CAR ON ONE OF THE RICHEST COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD, BETTER PUT 5 BULLETS INTO EVERY MUSCLE ON HIS BODY TO SHOW AUTHORITA.
    Need quotation on the bolded part.

Sad the police are told to back down from these immigrants in confrontation. They should've beat him and sent him back to whatever country he is from. Sweden needs a "Can't Behave, Can't Stay" policy.

Clearly they didn't want to hurt the guy so it was fine.

But I think they would have been justified in shooting him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    so tasers aren't okay in a situation like this? I know they can kill - but that isn't intentional. They only intended on grounding him to stop him from possibly hurting someone. He is sorta asking to be hurt.
    Not all Swedish cops carry tasers, a year ago they weren't even allowed to carry them.

I honestly feel bad for these 3 cops. I could be wrong, but from the looks of it they were following some sort of protocol to not reengage when you are overpowered. even of it's only 1 vs 3... Fan out and wait for additional backup.

I can understand why cops don't carry guns in most countries, especially if they are strictly controlled/outlawed. However, every cop should have at least pepper spray and a taser for circumstances like this. Cops aren't martyrs and they shouldn't be forced to risk death/concussions/broken bones every time a perp decides get violent. Usage of these items should be/are strictly regulated by the police department, and if a perp gets handsy they should expect to be blinded or tasered into compliance without the public berating the cops for defending themselves/the community.

"Swedish cops struggle to subdue violent asylum seeker"... I guess a taser/stun gun is out of the question?

I'll never understand why every story about this is either a cop using way too much force (shooting unarmed people) or using practically none (like this one, or even getting shot because they're "scared of the media").

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Not all Swedish cops carry tasers, a year ago they weren't even allowed to carry them.
    It says a LOT about a country's police force if they're allowed to carry lethal firearms but not a device that non-lethally stuns a target.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Sweden, rightfully, disagrees.
    lol that's hilarious. Coming from soon to be Swedistan

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-04-02 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    The problem is that they DON'T have a USA approach to this line of work. You can't keep order without the threat of severe physical harm. Did you see the tub of lard that got out of the passenger side of that patrol car? FFS who are they letting on the force over there?????
    Have you actually seen American police officers? Not all of them are ex-Navy Seals looking for an easier life than war. The vast majority of them barely receive the proper training, let alone are physically capable for the job.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Have you actually seen American police officers? Not all of them are ex-Navy Seals looking for an easier life than war. The vast majority of them barely receive the proper training, let alone are physically capable for the job.
    Not sure what officers you're looking at, but all of the ones I've ever been around have been pretty fit, and well trained. You aren't qualified to speak on the vast majority of policemen in the USA, so don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There clearly must be a middle point between shooting at people and trying to talk them to surrender?
    It's almost like that's how the majority of police encounters actually take place.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I don't see a problem here, they are obviously avoiding to hurt him as he seems to pose no threat to anyone but the police (and the one helping). Obviously that's just what I can deduct from the video, if he just stabbed three people in the kitchen then I agree that this would have been a major fail.

What do you think would have been the right approach, shoot him?
    The refugee is an arsonist that the 3 women cops sought out to arrest. Arson used to be considered a capital crime. Shooting a felon who is willing and capable of beating up 3 LAWPERSONS is acceptable in every nation, in fact in the US if a bystander shot a man who just beat up 3 cops not even NYC would bring charges against someone with a lawful concealed carry permit.

Just another case of someone from the 3rworld who hates everything about the west except the benefits office. The cops expected the refugee to have the same future orientation that Swedes would have used to figure out punching a girl cop would make their sentence harsher.

At least we know these 3 women got paid the same as men, but where is that equal work I keep hearing about/

People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    The refugee is an arsonist that the 3 women cops sought out to arrest. Arson used to be considered a capital crime. Shooting a felon who is willing and capable of beating up 3 LAWPERSONS is acceptable in every nation, in fact in the US if a bystander shot a man who just beat up 3 cops not even NYC would bring charges against someone with a lawful concealed carry permit.

Just another case of someone from the 3rworld who hates everything about the west except the benefits office. The cops expected the refugee to have the same future orientation that Swedes would have used to figure out punching a girl cop would make their sentence harsher.

At least we know these 3 women got paid the same as men, but where is that equal work I keep hearing about/

This 100%.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Low end countries have low end training. What a suprise.