Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    welcome to the modern day game industry, instead of actually trying to fix their game they will just try way harder to milk money out of the few who still play it
    The hilarious thing is that this update actually makes it a lot more likely you'll get skins/heroes you want without spending any money at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The hilarious thing is that this update actually makes it a lot more likely you'll get skins/heroes you want without spending any money at all.
    While I understand that some can be a bit bummed out by having to deal with RNG to get loot, you still will be able to get this stuff without even spending any real money. I prefer this over simply spending actual money on all the cosmetics, since being rewarded for playing the game like I already do is actually engaging.

15+ Year Old Account
    my friend spent like 1k dollar on HotS skins and mounts, he's like super pissed when he heard of the HotS 2.0 and he's considering asking for refund for his money lol. doubt anyone's gonna get a refund, does anyone have any info on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    my friend spent like 1k dollar on HotS skins and mounts, he's like super pissed when he heard of the HotS 2.0 and he's considering asking for refund for his money lol. doubt anyone's gonna get a refund, does anyone have any info on this?
    Why would anyone get a refund? He has had those skins for months if not years if he started back in Alpha/Beta. He is not losing his items and will be ahead of most people in the new system, when pretty much anything he gets from the boxes will turn into craftable materials, therefore increasing his acquirement of the newer cosmetics. He has no real basis for getting a refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would he get a refund?

It's like buying a car, and being pissed the next model comes out the year after. Tell your friend to stop being a whale.

7+ Year Old Account
    you know what, your friend is right, im gunna demand blizz refund me for all the old expansions
    i mean i paid full price for vanilla, bc, wrath, cata, mop, and wod, but now others just need to pay 5$ to get all of those, thats bullshit, im gunna sue them
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    While the refund talk seems silly, the point that the 2.0 changes are more attractive for - so far - free to play users than for paying customers can be made. It seems Blizzard is keener on converting ftp players than on further milking the existing whales, instead turning them into gamblers with their chest lottery. Prioritizing people who gave you no money over people who gave you money is at least risky and will ruffle a few feathers.

The post made me check, and I spent ~110 € overall, almost half of that during the big 'everything half price' sale. Not exactly whale territory, but being completely unwilling to spend on lottery boxes, I hope they have some alternative ideas for me to give them money...

Him getting a refund is about as likely as Trump going a month without tweeting. I mean, your friend does realise he gets to keep everything he bought, right? That aside, there are still going to be featured skins/bundles which he'll be able to buy outright, so not too much changes. Or is he actually angry because people will be able to get the skins he bought for free?

sorry but yall need to get a lick of sense

no he wont get a refund but not for all the reasons you said.

If he's gotten so many he's still has a huge advantage. it means pretty much every skin and tint he gets from lootboxes will be sharded. on opening day he might get enough shards from his lootboxes to allow him to get every new skin that comes out for the next year.

thats why complaints about rng from lootboxes here and in overwatch are pretty bogus. at the start you pretty much get 5 new things in a box. as time goes on you get more duplicates, which turn into currency which you can use to buy the stuff you want and havent gotten.

its a perfect system, allowing you to be super happy if you randomly get what you want, and if not be able to save currency and decide which cosmetic item means the most to you for you to buy first.

the only thing he gets that wont be sharded will be portraits, sprays, voice overs and voicelines and taunts. no doubt the skins and new heroes will be epic and legendary which means a LOT of Shards to buy whatever he wants
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Worth noting that I don't think the hero will be released on the 17th, that's just when it will be announced. I don't think any of those things happen on those days, that's just when we'll find out what they are.
    Yeah, you might be right about the reveal date rather than release date. They can still make an event culminating on Hero release dates for both games.

15+ Year Old Account
    well his argument is that had he known that HotS would drop it's pay-for-cosmetic system for a system similar to Overwatch he would've not spent all that money to get the skins and instead would've unlocked them all by playing (he plays the game alot) instead. now everyone is gonna be able to get the skins he has in lootboxes and unlock them without spending money.

now I'm not sure how many shards players receive for getting duplicate items, is it 100% of the shard amount? 50%?

10+ Year Old Account
    well his argument is that had he known that HotS would drop it's pay-for-cosmetic system for a system similar to Overwatch he would've not spent all that money to get the skins and instead would've unlocked them all by playing (he plays the game alot) instead. now everyone is gonna be able to get the skins he has in lootboxes and unlock them without spending money.

now I'm not sure how many shards players receive for getting duplicate items, is it 100% of the shard amount? 50%?
    Maybe he will learn not to spend so much then? I spent a bunch of money on this game myself, but I at least tried to have some restraint, and did not spend more than what I was comfortable with. He and I are still both in the same boat here. He will just have to live with his own decisions, the same way I have.

As for what you get from duplicates, I don't have the exact math here, but I remember duplicate legendaries being worth 400 shards, and to craft a legendary required 1600. I believe that it follows the same system as Hearthstone here with how that game deals with disenchanted dust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Seriously? The last warrior release was Varian in November. The last time they released a warrior that can reliably be played without an offtank is Johanna in freaking June of 2015.

We have had two AA ranged assassins since Varian's release, we absolutely do not need another one.
    I agree. And I also feel casters have been neglected. Still hope Mephisto makes it into the nexus soon

Deleted
    Sorry, but your friend is an idiot then.

So we traded master skins for emoji's and emotes? i don't know why these things couldn't just co-exist.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekun View Post
    So we traded master skins for emoji's and emotes? i don't know why these things couldn't just co-exist.
    You don't trade anything. You still keep all of your Master skins, they will just get more accessible so they'll gradually lose the prestige part. But you can till flaunt all of the three tints to show that you earned them before 2.0.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, some of mastery skins looks ugly like Arthas or Rehgar ones, so at some point win win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    To be honest, some of mastery skins looks ugly like Arthas or Rehgar ones, so at some point win win.
    Yeah, I think it is because they treated creation of master skins badly.

Instead of basically designing a whole new piece of armor as separate skin, they added more stuff to basic skins. More horns, spikes and other crap, it just doesn't work. It makes the skins appear busy and disjointed. The newer Heroes have way more cohesive designs when it comes to their master skins.

The only Master Skins I actively use before release of Sylvanas are Abathur (Who I don't play anymore) and Tassadar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Or Zarya. Ugh. Fuck, never going to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only master skins i really like is for Valeera, Tassadar and Thrall. Kinda dissapointed with Uther mastery skin because they added only grand marshal helmet instead of giving him lightbringer T6 set for paladins.
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-04-03 at 08:12 AM.