Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Their Twitter says they are working "around the clock" to fix this, but don't know how to fix it yet.
    Meanwhile at Blizzard HQ...

The real question I think they should answer is - what was their QA doing and why was Nighthold not properly tested to avoid these issues? (2 show stopper bugs on bosses ruining people's raid weeks). Obviously, there's not much motivation for players to test Nighthold on the 7.0 PTR, but they have an internal QA/raid testing team for a reason do they not? It's not like these are old content or obscure bugs (like for example when the 7.0 patch made killing Yogg-Saron impossible). This is a current tier raid; there is really no excuse for stuff like this to be caught (and the patch delayed if it can't be caught) before release, and you would think it would have been caught if they even bothered to run an internal NH raid on the final build before release.
    Until Blizzard does something which actively provides an incentive for players to use the PTR for large scale raid testing, things like this will continue to happen. You'd hope Blizzard's internal QA would pick up on this shit but there's a lot of moving parts to a game as big as WoW. Not an excuse, per se, but it's an unenviable position to be in.

Would be nice to at least hotfix in so you can go to guldan without killing her in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Meanwhile at Blizzard HQ...

Until Blizzard does something which actively provides an incentive for players to use the PTR for large scale raid testing, things like this will continue to happen. You'd hope Blizzard's internal QA would pick up on this shit but there's a lot of moving parts to a game as big as WoW. Not an excuse, per se, but it's an unenviable position to be in.
    They shouldn't need or expect to get free player QA testing on stuff like existing raid bosses. It makes sense for new instances/bosses, because there's a mutually beneficial relationship (top guilds get early boss exposure, Blizzard gets free raid testing). For existing content, they are always going to have to have a competent internal team.

Unless these bosses just suddenly broke when the final build was put live (which I doubt), there's really no excuse. They know that Nighthold is still relevant, current content, and is still being run by the entire raiding population. They have a full internal raid QA team that they hired a bunch of Mythic raiders for. There is no reason they couldn't have had that internal team do a full Nighthold clear the night before the patch went live to catch this stuff. And, it's not even just Nighthold; they introduced all kinds of issues in M+ too. The 3rd boss in DHT doesn't (or at least didn't on Tues) let you move forward against the pushback. You can imagine how awesome that is. The last boss in Nelth's Lair has issues where the shards hit you behind the LoS rocks, and random fire patches were spawning behind them as well. This entire patch is just a total QA failure, and it's really embarrassing given the resources they have.

Unless these bosses just suddenly broke when the final build was put live (which I doubt), .
    That actually happens a lot.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

We found a work-around for Elisande: zerg her before a second ring comes out in phase one; this will ensure you never get more than one ring in other phases. Since the bugs are all about her second rings, eliminating them eliminates the bugs. So pop your CDs, heroism, pre-pots, etc., on pull. We killed the pink add, kept the blue one interrupted from range, and zerged her into phase change. After that, we went back to regular strat, never got more than one ring, and the kill was easy.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    We found a work-around for Elisande: zerg her before a second ring comes out in phase one; this will ensure you never get more than one ring in other phases. Since the bugs are all about her second rings, eliminating them eliminates the bugs. So pop your CDs, heroism, pre-pots, etc., on pull. We killed the pink add, kept the blue one interrupted from range, and zerged her into phase change. After that, we went back to regular strat, never got more than one ring, and the kill was easy.
    Well ofc you can kill her in heroic, thats not a big deal, mythic ist the problem since you basically need everyone alive to meat to dps checks wich is impossible if you have like 2-6 ppl die everytime the rings spawn.

so you mean before the double rings come out?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Still not fixed, this is kind of ridiculous. We have lost out several days of Elisande/Guldan progression which is extremely frustrating, now guilds have had time to kill Star Augur which we killed weeks ago (before the big health nerf a couple of weeks ago).

Whats funny is we decided to EN mythic for legos/AP, what what happens when we get to cenarious? his walls are bugged! it was actually pretty funny, the moment we transitioned to sub 35% half the raid instantly died from invisible walls that shit on people, at least we out DPS the ever living shit out of the fight and he melted, fight last under a minute A+++++

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i dont know if this is a bug, but i got 2 legendaries within 10 hours of each other, accounting for #9 and #10, only missing sub boots and prydaz outside outlaw legos

Supposed to be fixed! Please be true...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/WarcraftD...88547075969024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

We ended up going into Heroic and killing her last night lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, they kill you before they even spawn.
    Yeah, I don't think there has been a single Mythic Elisande kill since the patch

15+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't need or expect to get free player QA testing on stuff like existing raid bosses. It makes sense for new instances/bosses, because there's a mutually beneficial relationship (top guilds get early boss exposure, Blizzard gets free raid testing). For existing content, they are always going to have to have a competent internal team.

Unless these bosses just suddenly broke when the final build was put live (which I doubt), there's really no excuse. They know that Nighthold is still relevant, current content, and is still being run by the entire raiding population. They have a full internal raid QA team that they hired a bunch of Mythic raiders for. There is no reason they couldn't have had that internal team do a full Nighthold clear the night before the patch went live to catch this stuff. And, it's not even just Nighthold; they introduced all kinds of issues in M+ too. The 3rd boss in DHT doesn't (or at least didn't on Tues) let you move forward against the pushback. You can imagine how awesome that is. The last boss in Nelth's Lair has issues where the shards hit you behind the LoS rocks, and random fire patches were spawning behind them as well. This entire patch is just a total QA failure, and it's really embarrassing given the resources they have.
    Bigger isn't necessarily better as you have more people modifying code. It's also possible it worked on the PTR but some last minute code change broke it. They do add hotfixes to the build even when it's final. Also as someone who has worked in IT for an eternity and does end use acceptance testing after QA is completed we find lots of bugs that aren't discovered. Even after that we still run into things none of us thought of. You don't expect previous features or products to break but it happens more often than you think after applying updates.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Blizz just posted that they hotfixed Elisande and Guldan and it's now live. Saw it via twitter. So hopefully they are actually fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Blizz just posted that they hotfixed Elisande and Guldan and it's now live. Saw it via twitter. So hopefully they are actually fixed.
    Its still bugged.
    We went with shit geared alts that wenever had problem clearing before to them getting one shotted from invisible rings like 1h ago.

Was your instance soft reset (out of it for 30 mins)? Or were you within the instance during the hotfix?

I just did elisande and did not restart for patch it seemed fine, did they reduce ring dmg ? got hit by stray one and didnt take much hp off

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfactor View Post
    Was your instance soft reset (out of it for 30 mins)? Or were you within the instance during the hotfix?
    In the instance tbh it happened like 5mins before we reached her so yeah..

Deleted
    Is it fixed, then?

Deleted
    Seems fixed, just killed her on HC without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    so you mean before the double rings come out?
    Yes. First time you get one single ring. You need to transition her before she does the next one, which is a double.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exzes View Post
    Well ofc you can kill her in heroic, thats not a big deal, mythic ist the problem since you basically need everyone alive to meat to dps checks wich is impossible if you have like 2-6 ppl die everytime the rings spawn.
    lol Hey it's all relative. Many guilds were not used to zerging her that fast on heroic, although it sure made the fight easier and we will probably do it that way every week from now on. I'm guessing that most guilds are not on Elisande mythic yet, but I could be wrong. Either way, congrats on your progress and sorry to hear about your frustration.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

lol Hey it's all relative. Many guilds were not used to zerging her that fast on heroic, although it sure made the fight easier and we will probably do it that way every week from now on. I'm guessing that most guilds are not on Elisande mythic yet, but I could be wrong. Either way, congrats on your progress and sorry to hear about your frustration.
    Uh, bro, it's been fixed since Friday.