Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Again, what do you call ''feminazis'' ? People who read comics other than ''The Turner Diaries'' comic version ?

FTR, what always struck me with American comics is female characters with 36 DD and outfits that cover less than most bathing suits...coupled with the amount of sex and nudity that you would except in the Smurfs
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-04-03 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, what do you call ''feminazis'' ? People who read comics other than ''The Turner Diaries'' comic version ?
    Who are you talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Good, people should stop listening to the screeching from feminists(lunatics)

Video game industry next please? Well the western part that is.
    They should rather listen to the dudes with certificates of racial purity signed by their Great Wizard who cry that the Imperials are the vilains in SW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    My, to the people for which any comic that does not consist of 100% pure aryans chugging grenades at minorities and having sex with Victoria Secret models every page (but not a single word, kauze dialogue are for wusses) is ''SJW''

I mean, some people love so much demeaning insults, why not play along ? I especially love the ''feminazi' from people in love with actual Nazis.

like that article points out, the issue isn't really "diversity" or whatever; many books that feature gender- or race- "swapped" characters have sold well (mighty thor, ms. marvel, spider-gwen, etc.)

the problem is that a lot of their output lately is just not very good; it doesn't seem like they had a good general editorial direction after secret wars and as a result there've been a lot of listless crossovers and events (civil war 2, barf)

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's impossible to create a credible superhero(ine) who would appeal to feminazis and be even remotely credible at the same time. SJW's have nothing to do with truth and justice that heroes and heroines supposed to represent. So they don't even try and instead start gender- and raceswapping existing heroes and attempting to please feminazis by doing what they like the most: stealing the credit and success of an existing figure because they are unable to do anything good on their own.

Who would have thought that it would backfire? *rollseyes*

At least DC has taken the more rational approach and has long ago simply created female versions of most of their heroes; Superman/Supergirl, Batman/Batgirl and so forth, plus a whole number of female heroines who don't even have male counterparts, such as Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Powergirl (yeah, PG is a Kryptonian, but still) and Black Canary, all with background stories that make sense at least in the context of the comic book universe. No need to destroy existing characters (although I have to say that Superman's new costume is pretty shit compared to the classic one).

This is Blizzard's big sin as well.

- - - Updated - - -

People will always compare price with content. If the content is shit, price should go down accordingly.
    Ah yeah, because Thor is way more credible with a dude. Someone who buy the adventures of the Son of Krypton is clearly looking for photo-realism.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-04-03 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My, to the people for which any comic that does not consist of 100% pure aryans chugging grenades at minorities and having sex with Victoria Secret models every page (but not a single word, kauze dialogue are for wusses) is ''SJW''
    What the fuck are you on about?

I mean, some people love so much demeaning insults, why not play along ? I especially love the ''feminazi' from people in love with actual Nazis.
    You have lost me there. Are you in love with a Nazi?

No, it's completely stupid to say stuff like ''people who use feminazi'' seems to have way bigger issues with one half of the world than the other, and it's aint Nazi''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtrash View Post
    Ah yeah, because Thor is way more credible with a dude.
    In the context of Norse mythology and comic book universe... yes, he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's completely stupid to say stuff like ''people who use feminazi'' seems to have way bigger issues with one half of the world than the other, and it's aint Nazi''
    Not really, when women themselves call certain feminists feminazi. I'm certain you don't quite understand the context of the word feminazi though.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Diversity is fine. Turning iron man into a black teen girl just to fill quotas is stupid.

God these people are stupid. It's not that people hate female characters. It's that people hate politics being shoved down their throats.

I know some people around here will find this statement controversial, but to me, politicized art is not art. And when you have one of Fem Thor's villains dissing Feminism, only to have Fem Thor beat the fuck out of him while spouting Gamergate memes, people are going to react negatively. Goddamn these people are fucking stupid. It doesn't take a Quantum Rocket Surgeon to find out that ham fisted political dialogue is boring and stupid to most readers that partake in this shit to be entertained.

Get the fucking political messages out of your goddamn art, (or at least make it a hell of a lot more subtle) and you might just avoid this situation in the future.

Female characters that are complex and well written human beings are compelling. Political caricatures are not. Fucking shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    In the context of Norse mythology and comic book universe... yes, he is.
    You are aware, even dimly, that Thor and Odin from Marvel are about as accurate than Thor and Odin from Wagner ?

''Norse mythology'' does not really exist in the sense most people understand. The actual beliefs of Vikings are virtually unknown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    God these people are stupid. It's not that people hate female characters. It's that people hate politics being shoved down their throats.

I know some people around here will find this statement controversial, but to me, politicized art is not art. And when you have one of Fem Thor's villains dissing Feminism, only to have Fem Thor beat the fuck out of him while spouting Gamergate memes, people are going to react negatively. Goddamn these people are fucking stupid. It doesn't take a Quantum Rocket Surgeon to find out that ham fisted political dialogue is boring and stupid to most readers that partake in this shit to be entertained.

Get the fucking political messages out of your goddamn art, (or at least make it a hell of a lot more subtle) and you might just avoid this situation in the future.

Female characters that are complex and well written human beings are compelling. Political caricatures are not. Fucking shocking.
    Yes, because Captain American punching Tojo and Hitler was subtle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

I love this charming illusion that art is not political....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU

10+ Year Old Account
    You are obsessed by Nazis, it is a bit odd.

I have no idea who you are trying to argue against, as I have not seen anybody stating anything like comics should consist of "...100% pure aryans chugging grenades at minorities and having sex with Victoria Secret models every page..."

Instead of inventing positions that unknown people hold, why not do something totally crazy, like argue against what people have said?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The major thing they failed to and still fail to understand is if they made new characters they were unique and not just taking the Mantle of already established Characters with shitty story lines just to make the diversity fit. They wouldn't have failed as hard.

One of my all time favourite Marvel Characters is a Female Character. I like her because she IS her own character and wasn't a rip off of an already existing character. (and she was a Lesbian, so double whammy on that diversity)
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-04-03 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    'People didn’t want any more diversity'.

Gee, you think? People want good stories first and foremost. Nobody ever bought a comic book with this mental process in mind: "Hmm, this or that one? Oh, look, it's gender diversifying! God, since I love feminism so much, I think I'll get this one... oh boy, I feel very good about this purchase!"

But then, this is what happens when you think you have to avoid shitstorms by listening to feminists. Feminists don't give a shit about sales. All they care about is their agenda and public attention. Sometimes not in that order. And sometimes only one of those. But never sales. In fact, feminists would rather have sales plummet and ruin companies than not, because that gives them a feeling of empowerment.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account

That was back in 1941, at a time when people lived in fear of war and needed reassurance and something to raise their spirits. Hitler was the enemy back then and very much alive, and the threat of him invading played on everyones fears. So marvel made a character representing american ideology and him punching and winning against the threat at the time to raise peoples spirits, and it worked, it helped people cope with the threat of hitler better then.

Times have changed in 70-80 years, as has the character, the same social justice virtue signalling doesn't wash today as it would have decades ago, and the 'threats' feminists scream about on social media are not in any way a threat to peoples everyday life, like a warring nation is.
    #boycottchina

You are aware, even dimly, that Thor and Odin from Marvel are about as accurate than Thor and Odin from Wagner ?

''Norse mythology'' does not really exist in the sense most people understand. The actual beliefs of Vikings are virtually unknown.
    As someone who have had classes in norse mythology, i can safely say you're of shit.
    You have no idea what the fuck you are on about.
    Do the world a favor and shush, marvel's norse mythology is perfectly fine and have several things in common with how it was depicted in real life.

Not that i expect you to do anything but vomit bullshit and gibberish that only David Attenborough can understand

10+ Year Old Account
    Least they got them movies

Also

Girl thor > Boi toi thor

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    As someone who have had classes in norse mythology, i can safely say you're of shit.
    You have no idea what the fuck you are on about.
    Do the world a favor and shush, marvel's norse mythology is perfectly fine and have several things in common with how it was depicted in real life.

Not that i expect you to do anything but vomit bullshit and gibberish that only David Attenborough can understand
    Dude, politely, everyone in the entire world that you ask this question would say that precise information on the Norse religion before Scandinavia was christianized can be counted on one hand. Odin and co. are known from second-hand sources that were trying to make them more palatable to Christian states.

You can scream insults at me, but Thor Girl, Thor from Wagner, Fourties Thor and Movie Thor are in likehood very creative versions of Thor that would have baffled an actual 8th century AD Viking, since they are less based on actual Thor than on the Poetic Edda Thor (the Prose Edda flat out said he was likely a Trojan prince, FFS)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-04-03 at 11:42 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I love this charming illusion that art is not political....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU
    Captain America has not punched Hitler for a very long time.

That would be just as silly today as Fem Thor and her ethics in hammer wielding. At best, something like that would be fucking hilarious. At worst it would be ham fisted garbage. It would definitely not be badass on any level.

I don't know the point you're trying to make by linking a scene from a movie that I greatly dislike that was made in the black and white era of television. Casablanca is hot garbage to me. Overrated junk. Good art is not political. Get the emphasis now?

This is not political.

This is not political.

This is not political.

That's the kind of art that I like, and the kind of art that Marvel has produced before.