Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Hey, did they revert this change or its just my impression? Felt better the say after patch and today i have the feeling its like it was before patch.

Seems fine to me still jumping pretty decent on the Sentinax adds. I hope it stays like it is because it's perfect. This has been one of my main gripes about the spec for years with the jump range being crap.
    Last edited by Unidus; 2017-04-02 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    going from most fun, mobile, big utility bursty spec elemental was in MoP, to shitshow express in WoD, and still unfinished and underpowered in legion check EN rankings? elemental all around awful. yeh amazingly those couple of years to fix something that wasn't broken tends to get people pissed off.

I'm an 894 ele and an having zero issues with the numbers I'm pulling in mythic this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajjax View Post
    I'm an 894 ele and an having zero issues with the numbers I'm pulling in mythic this far.
    Well congratulations, but how is that in any way useful? Ele was shit, now it's a bit better but outside of insanely lucky RNG it's not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    Well congratulations, but how is that in any way useful? Ele was shit, now it's a bit better but outside of insanely lucky RNG it's not that great.

Maybe follow the context of my conversation before commenting. I'm disagreeing that ele is a shit show, i like the spec and have very little issues with it. Is it what it once was? No not at all. I can understand why people don't like it though and don't blame them

Follow the conversation? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M DOING. This is a thread about CL jump range, yeah? Socialhealer mentioned this change should have gone in earlier so that elemental COULD ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN USED ON MYTHIC HELYA. This has absolutely nothing to do with numbers, it's purely mechanical limitations of the spec which existed for no reason. If CL actually was able to reliably jump between blobs, guess what? Ele would have been useful in the niche of killing blobs at least.

You've got no issues with the spec. Great for you. I like the spec too, but after playing it at a higher level for some time it's so obvious to see its limitations. Head over to SEaL to see some math on elemental and RNG. I assume the math is correct (but even if it's not the point still stands); ele is a fucking RNG clusterfuck now, and no amount of "skill" can remedy that. A 75 times dmg varience on a CL cast is atrocious.

As I said, grats to you for being happy with playing ele. I'm happy for you. But don't dismiss the limitations of the spec, especially when they're being discussed like this. Mechanical issues matter more than you being content with your own dps in sub-mythic NH gear.
    Last edited by Nihiel; 2017-04-03 at 04:54 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what nihiel said. Im well aware of elemental's limitations but its the only spec in the entire game that i truly love despite its shortcomings, maybe the CL range buff is the beginning of blizzard giving a damn?

Please remove fire elemental baseline next, give us elemental mastery instead and buff the numbers to make up for the fire ele damage ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero View Post

Wouldve been nice to have this for M Helya to kill the slimes properly.
    OMG I know. That would have made that fight so much better for us.

This is a buff, but not a 100% complete buff.
    CL mechanism seems to have changed. In the past, CL received a range correction in addition to the monster size.
    (Not melee's hit range correction. so ele can't hit gul'dan's eye efficiently)

Now it seems just increased CL range. There is no longer any range correction.
    However, it is generally a buff because of CL's long range.
    This specific example no longer bounces to the monter when using the CL against the big boss.(Krosus and helya)
    It used to be a technique to use a big boss as a relay point for cl bounce before, but not now
    Last edited by Ele man; 2017-04-08 at 03:49 AM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post
    This specific example no longer bounces to the monter when using the CL against the big boss.(Krosus and helya)
    It used to be a technique to use a big boss as a relay point for cl bounce before, but not now
    Yeah, i noticed this as well. It's sad that we lost that ability but its worth the trade off i think as you have already said.