Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: nothing was really hard, some were a bit annoying with the complex maps.

BC: Shattered Halls was not really bad, it's just most tanks sucked at multitanking.
    However CoT1 was hell. Mobs CCing the tank, while being cc immune if I remember correctly. I've been there like 2 times, tops. It was just atrociously annoying. And oh boy, Magister's terrace. Big caster pulls, tricky bosses.

LK, Cata, MoP: really nothing. Cata was a bit hard at the start but that passed quickly. Maybe ZA/ZG were a bit harder than the rest. ohh and Deadmines2 with the arcade part that broke most pugs DD

WoD: Grimrail indeed. Some mobs were brutal to the tank and the narrow spaces were sooo annoying.

Legion: Vault of Wardens, bosses are considerably harder/more annoying than average. Tormentorum is one of the least enjoyable 5man boss ever. Kara was definitely the hardest before 7.2 (I haven't played this patch yet)
    Last edited by Zka; 2017-04-03 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    vault of the wardens is kind of tedious tbh
    True, the last boss has caused problems on a lot of PuGs...at least she did shortly after launch. But tedious =/= hard, just like AP grinding..takes a while and you have to do stuff to get it but it's not difficult.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two dungeons stick out in my mind as "this is so bad I will insta-quit LFG groups that roll it."

- Blackrock Caverns
    - Shado'pan Monastery
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    On the contrary, you sound like someone who never had to run TBC heroics as a fresh level 70 to get attuned for raids.
    you obviously missed my other posts in the thread where I said I was doing Heroics as soon as I hit revered to get the keys at launch.

You also seem to be one of the people I mentioned that were bad players if they thought the Heroics were "super hard". Cata Heroics at launch were harder than them lmao

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    What was the most notorious 5 man instances in wow?

What i mean by notorious i mean by hard, buggy, broken, unfair mechanics and class stacking etc?

Now if i had to make a list from each xpac i would say

1. Vanilla - Stratholme
    2. BC - Shattered halls
    3. Wrath - Halls of Lightening
    4. Cata - Grim Batol
    5. Mop - Shado Pan Monastery
    6. WoD - Grimrail Depot
    Man, I remember in Stratholme, my warrior had the unstoppable force prenerf and I got mind controlled...fucking destroyed my party hard.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

My very first dungeon was Blackfathom Deeps down below darkshore.
    The dungeon is completely reworked now and before LFG, you had to spam chat to form a group.
    This was my hardest dungeon because it was first time and we didnt have any good gear. This is where we had to learn about the trinity roles of healer, tank and dps, aggro, elites and boss mechanics. It was really fun and felt accomplished when we completed but it took sooo long to finish, maybe 3hrs.
    First time I saw blue loot too...and this is where my addiction started

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People that say this I always automatically assume either didn't play TBC or were just flat out bad in TBC.

TBC HEROICS WEREN'T HARD. Hell in KARA Gear we were already at the point where my MT used a 2h weapon and I was a Ret Paladin off healer with no actual healer.

though by pure annoyance my list would go like this.

Vanilla - Dire Maul
    TBC - Magisters Terrace
    Wrath - ToC
    Cata - Grim Batol
    MoP - Setting Sun
    WoD - Grim rail
    They were hard, and the vast majority agrees. And it's not because they are bad. I seriously doubt you were clearing heroics with no healer. Because even with gear, you still had to be careful. With that being said not all of them were that extreme, but a decent amount were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    They were hard, and the vast majority agrees. And it's not because they are bad. I seriously doubt you were clearing heroics with no healer. Because even with gear, you still had to be careful. With that being said not all of them were that extreme, but a decent amount were.
    As I posted in this thread, my Group was Prot Pally, Ret Pally(me), Enhance Shaman, 2 of theese 3 - Rogue/SPriest/Warlock. I had a FoL macro I used anytime Art of War procced which made Flash of Light Instant and cast it on the tank + Blessing of Light which made it heal a ton of his HP, Windfury Totem kept Art of War up constantly and Healing Stream Totem/Stone Skin Totem kept my already amazing Prot Pally tank going strong.

I guess Hard is subjective when people aren't "good", but my group of Friends always liked finding strange group compositions that made content trivial.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-04-04 at 03:39 AM.

Grim'Butthole from Cata had a nice challenge to it at first.

Someone mentioned Stratholme.. man good times in that instance. Miss the good ole days.

Slabs
    Shat Halls
    MGT
    Arcatraz

Oculus (not hard but still notorious)

Deadmines
    SFK
    GrimBatol
    Stonecore in a pug

In my opinion those were the only hard/notorious dungeons. I didn't play in vanilla so I won't comment on those and everything after the cata nerfs was never hard again.

What i mean by notorious i mean by hard, buggy, broken, unfair mechanics and class stacking etc?

1. Vanilla - Stratholme
    2. BC - Shattered halls
    4. Cata - Grim Batol
    6. WoD - Grimrail Depot

wasnt vanilla stratholme a 10man?

Never played Vanilla or BC but from what I be heard:
    Vanilla=Stratholme
    BC=Shattered Halls
    From what I've played:
    Wrath=Eye (whatever it was with mounted dragons). Personally found it easy, but with the relative few people that learned it, it wasn't damn near impossible to find a group outside of guild, and even after LFD was made, most would leave the instant they zoned in.
    Cata=Grim Batol. Again, I found it easy, but the people that never learned you had to interrupt or CC made the place a nightmare.
    MoP=Nothing really. Could solo carry the mechanics (such as clicking the mob to get the others to die) in Shado Pan.
    WoD=Again, nothing much here. The train was a pain in the ass until people learned the 2nd boss, otherwise most were easy.
    Legion=Hard to say. Most are easy and not to difficult, but with m+ factored in I'd have to go with BRH or HoV. Both are much longer than the others with hard hitting mobs.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Vanilla - Stratholme
    2. BC - Shattered halls
    4. Cata - Grim Batol
    6. WoD - Grimrail Depot
    Not far off in my opinion

1. Vanilla - Stratholme - quite comfortably
    2. BC - Old Hillsbrad. Not too many people remember how fucked up this was early on. Our fully-geared Kara tank would be 2-shot by many trash mobs. Shattered Halls 360 degree cleaves did make bringing any melee reasonably pointless early on.
    3. Wrath - Halls of Lightning - agreed again, the trash before Loken's room was awful for most PuGs, and the boss itself would obviously one-shot baddies who refused to run.
    4. Cata - Grim Batol - agreed, and even worse when you got newbies who didn't utilise the dragons correctly.
    5. Mop - Shado Pan Monastery - agreed, the trash towards the last boss and the boss itself were the only moderately difficult parts of the entire MoP dungeon experience

People really think Cathedral of Eternal Night is hard..? lol
    Where's my Karazhan mythic at

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    As I posted in this thread, my Group was Prot Pally, Ret Pally(me), Enhance Shaman, 2 of theese 3 - Rogue/SPriest/Warlock. I had a FoL macro I used anytime Art of War procced which made Flash of Light Instant and cast it on the tank + Blessing of Light which made it heal a ton of his HP, Windfury Totem kept Art of War up constantly and Healing Stream Totem/Stone Skin Totem kept my already amazing Prot Pally tank going strong.

I guess Hard is subjective when people aren't "good", but my group of Friends always liked finding strange group compositions that made content trivial.
    I can see this working on the easier heroics, but not the hardest ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Look the list should be like this:

1. Heroic Black Morass (pre pre nerf = the weeks after launch when atleast the raiders who just barely got the key for heroic (getting revered at that point instead of honored) started this) Shattered Halls was nothing compared to this one. But no one remembers that period because it had such a small window to be experienced. Only a handful of people on my server completed it before the first nerf came.
    2. Heroic Arcatraz
    3. Heroic Grim Batol (prenerf, after the nerf no instance was hard at all)
    4. Mythic+ Cathedral of Eternal Night
    5. Heroic Magisters Terrace

So which would you say was the hardest in wrath cause to me Lightening was a pug killer back in the early days before you could face roll it?
    there wasnt a hard dungeon in wrath. Occulus was a pain because people couldnt do drakes. thats it. everything else, including the entire first raid tier, was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Look the list should be like this:

1. Heroic Black Morass (pre pre nerf = the weeks after launch when atleast the raiders who just barely got the key for heroic (getting revered at that point instead of honored) started this) Shattered Halls was nothing compared to this one. But no one remembers that period because it had such a small window to be experienced. Only a handful of people on my server completed it before the first nerf came.
    2. Heroic Arcatraz
    3. Heroic Grim Batol (prenerf, after the nerf no instance was hard at all)
    4. Mythic+ Cathedral of Eternal Night
    5. Heroic Magisters Terrace
    BM was horrible, did it prenerf on a warrior(tank) and warlock and both ways was ugly. Arc was bad unless you had 2 CC or a paly tank but every heroic in BC was made a joke with a paly tank. I never really had issue with Grim Batol, it was all about using the drakes right at the beginning. CoN is tough but enjoyable because it is a bit of a throw back instance. I would throw the Original Tribute Run for Dire Maul North in the list, prenerfs and actually doing LBRS in a 5man for the quests early in Vanilla(pre MC gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    IMO BC was the only time where 5 mans were painstakingly difficult.

Shadow Labs, Shattered Halls, and Black Morass made me want to rip my eyeballs out 9/10 times I ran them.
    I hated tanking Black Morass on my prot pally. All of my other tank friends loved it because they were never rage-starved in that one. But my mana bar spent more time grey then blue.

But yeah, I remember everyone hating Shadow Labs the most, though Shattered Halls wasn't far behind.

Halls of Reflection was definitely the worst wrath-one. Even just starting out Halls of Lightning wasn't that bad for my group (though out of the launch heroics it was probably one of the worst).

Though I do agree with your Cata/MoP/WoD choices. I hated Grimrail Depot.

From just reading the title Shattered Halls came to mind. It was such a cluster fuck