Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is much easier said than done...

If you go to a place where people have fun and meet other people, such as a party, a bar, or whatever, almost no one will be sober.

It is not uncommon for a woman to expect the man to make a move. Feminism is only good when it's convenient.

Women will have the benefit of the doubt and it's entirelly up to them to decide if it was rape or not.

Are men supposed to be mind readers? Women drink to reduce their own inibitions, but then expect the man to make a move and will later decide they couldn't say no even if they wanted to?

I understand there are extremes where it is clear that the man crossed the line, but that line is very blurry for most situations. Some people already have a hard time hooking up with others and you add all this uncertainty to the bizarre ritual of human coupling... IMO if you want to get irresponsibly drunk in a place people go to find sex partners, and you do not want to be targetted for sex, use a pin saying so.

Just don't associate with women. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Just don't associate with women. Problem solved.
    Sadly this has increasingly become the solution... MGTOW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    What needs to change is the culture of assuming that because we don't know if the other person actually wants sex or not, then we should be given the benefit of the doubt when accusations of rape happen after the fact. If there is doubt, the rational response is to assume the answer is no, not yes. And if you're going to choose to take a risk, then you should accept the possibility of a criminal conviction later.

If you guys want to know what rape culture actually is, it's this: It's simply placing the desire to have some kind of sexual interaction with another person ahead of concern for what they actually want. You people demanding proof don't even realise that your comments here are all the evidence one would ever need to establish that it is alive and well.
    Say no if you don't want to have sex instead of playing along if you don't want to have sex. It's that simple.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    So u make absolutely no effort to counter my argument and you yet you claim that you are open to debate
    What argument?

All you have done is stated your opinion that there are no facts to support the existence or rape culture - my counter to which was that the facts do exist, you just refuse to accept them.

If you want to debate then by all means bring something that can be debated. Nothing you have said thus far indicates that you have any desire to debate. You are confusing that word with debase.

Therefore you earn my title perfectly... a regressive SJW who famously avoids debate on their ideology.
    Like I said above.

Sorry bro but if u want to lose the monicker then make an effoirt to explain why my point is wrong... go for it.

Arrogance doesnt win an argument.
    I've been no more arrogant than you have. Also, you're no closer to winning this argument than I am. Where I do win is that I have broken your little circle jerk echo chamber where you just assume that because a small group of like minded individuals is agreeing with you on a gaming forum, you must have represent the only rational viewpoint in the universe.

It's funny. There are many members of MMO-C who outright oppose your viewpoint. And many of them, myself included, have responded with long essays here to explain our viewpoints, only to be countered by shit like what you responded to my initial post with. That's not debate. That's just downright disrespectful. Like I say, you can put together an actual argument, and I'll debate with you on it, agreeing with you where I agree, and telling you where I disagree.

Right now, like I said at the outset, I just don't see the point. You've clearly demonstrated from your responses to me that you have made up your mind that the entire concept of "Rape Culture" is nothing more than "SJW nonsense", and I could be the world debating champion, I would not be able to convince you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Did she rape me? Am I suffering from Stockholm syndrome?
    No, because you consented. But this doesn't bode well for her current relationship. The fact that she wants you at her wedding means that she still has feelings, and possibly regrets. How many other people will be attending who have banged the bride? I would be careful of her, and her fiancée should be worried for the stability of his present situation.

Deleted
    Right now, like I said at the outset, I just don't see the point. You've clearly demonstrated from your responses to me that you have made up your mind that the entire concept of "Rape Culture" is nothing more than "SJW nonsense", and I could be the world debating champion, I would not be able to convince you otherwise.
    Rape culture doesn't exist in any western country. Rapists are so few and are socially shunned.

"Rape culture is a sociological concept used to describe a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality"
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-04-05 at 02:04 PM.

What I despise about this kind of argument is the grouping of everyone into one degenerate pool of dudebros who make light of the exploitation and ambiguity of rape. The moment we stop grouping an entire society of varying opinions, feelings and cultures together into one blob the less the average person will have to justify themselves for the action of an idiotic subset of our culture.

People are individuals with their own personal agency. Some guys are horny douchebags, others are not. It's not a cultural thing, it's a thing on an individual. Scumbags will exist no matter how pristine of a society you've built, it does not need fixing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    Say no if you don't want to have sex instead of playing along if you don't want to have sex. It's that simple.
    Oh, if only it were. Reality is, it is not.

It takes time for us to decide whether or not want to/don't want to have sex with someone. Maybe for some people they will decide that in 2 seconds, but for many it can take weeks, months or even years. The "playing along" as you put it is actually indecision. It's a no for now, but a maybe for later.

Wait until the other person is ready to say yes. Don't pressure them, don't try to get them drunk, don't try to coerce them. And if you lack the patience , go find someone else. It's that simple.

Deleted
    Oh, if only it were. Reality is, it is not.
    Yes, it is. If you don't want to have sex then say so. If I don't feel like having sex when drinking and some guy wants to I tell them it's not going to happen.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-04-05 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Doesn't happen frequently enough? About 20% of female undergraduates are sexually assaulted.
    Nope, no true.
    47% of college student sexual assaults involve alcohol.
    Since this is doubtlessly derived from the prior statistic, i dispute this.
    In 2013, more than 14,700 students between the ages of 18-24 were victims of alcohol related sexual assault.
    Do you think 14 700 incidents a year lines up with the 5% of all students a year figure your prior assertion requires?
    You're right though, doesn't happen enough. How many women have to be raped for it to be considered a "stigma". 50%? 75%?
    well we could begin with the fact that a college age woman in college is less likely to be raped than a college age woman, NOT in college.

Deleted
    What argument?

All you have done is stated your opinion that there are no facts to support the existence or rape culture - my counter to which was that the facts do exist, you just refuse to accept them..
    I havent seen a single fact posted in this thread from those defending this "rape culture"

All i see are biased ideological statements, no facts at all.

If you want to debate then by all means bring something that can be debated. Nothing you have said thus far indicates that you have any desire to debate. You are confusing that word with debase.
    It was you who made the bold statments that i questioned and debunked.

It is you who hasnt bought a single fact to the table, only opinion.

For your reference here is your first comment to any of my posts on this thread... feel free to show me where your facts are here.

Awesome:

You say that people who believe in the existence of a rape culture are making it up/imagining it
    I say that people who can't see it are in denial/refuse to see what is obvious or accept any evidence presented.

Not really sure there is much constructive to come out of this.

Maybe in 20 years time when you have grown up and become an adult and had life experiences and known women who have been victims of rape culture and understand the devastating effects it has on their lives, or have daughters who will have to grow up in this culture, then maybe you'll be in a better position to have this conversation again, except from the other side of the fence.
    All i see is a personal attack right off the bat... totally childish on every level.

No facts just namecalling...

But hey... you and your 'facts' give you the moral highground *facedesk*

10+ Year Old Account
    Rape culture doesn't exist in any western country. Rapists are so few and are socially shunned.

"Rape culture is a sociological concept used to describe a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality"
    You realize there's people in this very thread complaining that the definition of "rape" is "too broad" because they feel that certain types of what we define as rape are "normal" and shouldn't be so labelled, right?

Rape culture isn't expressed by saying "rape is awesome!" It's expressed by arguing that it wasn't "rape" to begin with.

What a load of shite.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

By this standard I guess men should now just wait for women to make the first move, cuz you know, if I go talk to a girl it means I'm planning to rape her.

She noticed me looking at her, I'm obviously gonna spike her drink.

I walked toward her without her permission, call the police.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize there's people in this very thread complaining that the definition of "rape" is "too broad" because they feel that certain types of what we define as rape are "normal" and shouldn't be so labelled, right?

Rape culture isn't expressed by saying "rape is awesome!" It's expressed by arguing that it wasn't "rape" to begin with.
    So? Some individuals expressing such things does not mean we live in a rape culture. Rapists are few, they are socially shunned. How is this a rape culture? It's not pervasive nor normalized just because of some individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? Some individuals expressing such things does not mean we live in a rape culture. Rapists are few, they are socially shunned. How is this a rape culture? It's not pervasive nor normalized just because of some individuals.
    It doesn't have to be expressed by literally everyone for it to exist.

Fact is, people are making arguments that attempt to normalize certain types of assault. Even in this thread. I really don't see the point in pretending otherwise.

Are you under the mistaken impression that cultures are nationally homogenous or something? Any thread within a population that expresses these kinds of views means there's a "rape culture" in that population. It may not be as extreme as that in another region, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This is stupid. If we actually had rape culture, there wouldn't be any reason to hide the fact that you raped someone with euphemisms, because using the accurate language would not be seen as a problem in society.

They're literally defeating their own argument with their own ad. Ridiculous.

Are you under the mistaken impression that cultures are nationally homogenous or something? Any thread within a population that expresses these kinds of views means there's a "rape culture" in that population.
    Oh. OH! Lemme try that logic, too.

I found a murder, someone else thought it was OK. Murder culture spotted. Let's generalize to 300 million people.

Got it. US is a murder culture. In fact it's an everything culture.

... do you even know what culture means?
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2017-04-05 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Any thread within a population that expresses these kinds of views means there's a "rape culture" in that population. It may not be as extreme as that in another region, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    What? So one person mentioning those things means the culture exists? That is completely asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    This is stupid. If we actually had rape culture, there wouldn't be any reason to hide the fact that you raped someone with euphemisms, because using the accurate language would not be seen as a problem in society.

They're literally defeating their own argument with their own ad. Ridiculous.
    Again, to repeat the point, "rape culture" isn't ever about saying "rape is awesome". It's about saying "no bruh, what I did wasn't rape, because *reasons*." It's about feeling you were allowed/entitled/justified in taking advantage of them in that way.