Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    1st placement match sucked.
    My team got steamrolled
    If it matters, your wins/losses are only a small factor in your placement. How well you do relative to other players on those heroes/maps/etc is a bigger indicator. If you lose every game but still do well in them personally, you can still rank decent.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If it matters, your wins/losses are only a small factor in your placement. How well you do relative to other players on those heroes/maps/etc is a bigger indicator. If you lose every game but still do well in them personally, you can still rank decent.
    I see that as a good and bad thing for me.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett

10+ Year Old Account
    1st placement match sucked.
    My team got steamrolled
    In addition to what Tziva said, placement matches are also a bit of a wild-west type thing, in terms of matchmaking. The goal is to approximate where you, individually, SHOULD be ranked, and once you get out of placements, you'll start finding matches that are a bit more balanced. You might still get steamrolled occasionally, but just as often you should be on the side of the steamroller.

Deleted
    It shames me to admit I joined the Hanzo/Widow hate bandwagon this weekend.
    Dropped about 500 SR over the weekend, and now I get PTSD as soon as I see a Hanzo or a Widow.
    I'm pending between high silver and low gold, i'm shit. But that also means the people I play with are shit, so why on earth play the two characters that require you to have at the very least halfdecent aim to be of any use, whereas if you had halfdecent aim you wouldn't be playing with us in the first place.

God it tilts me 90 degrees the wrong way when people prioritize playing their "funzies character" over actually winning in any form of competitive play.

I see that as a good and bad thing for me.
    Whats bad is that the placements take your previous ranking into account regardless how well you do in placements. I started playing the game late season 3 and I didn't know how comp worked so I just jumped in and did the placements not really trying my best(eating while playing, talking on phone etc) and got placed at 2k rating. And after placements I only played a few actual comp matches so I didn't try to move up thinking "well this season is pretty much over might as well actually try season 4 and leave this season behind"

Season 4 placements in 10 matches, I averaged 20k heals, which is alot btw, and got placed at 2100. A friend of mine who did season 3 and treated it like QP(afking, doing other things) was like 1400 ranking. Went into season 4 actually trying and got put into 1400 ranking even though she played way better than last season.

Your previous rankings will pigeonhole you every season no matter how well you play in the placements. This is why some people who didn't know this when doing comp, just buy a new account and do it again and get placed at the ranking they think they are really at because they don't wanna deal with the hassle of moving up from a BS rank. I moved up from 2100 to 3200 so far and I can see myself hitting Master before the season is over but it was definitely AIDS moving up especially the gold to high platinum bracket. If I cared enough I would have bought a new account too so as not to deal with it.

I think it really should be like WoW where when the season is over, everyone starts off brand new and the placements actually work like placements and puts you at the ranking you played at without taking your previous rank into account.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Hopefully i can knock out the rest of my matches tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of 4+ DPS in a game in QP is annoying, and seeing 4 DPS in comp in fucking diamond is annoying

So i get a quadra kill and still lose play of the game to someone who gets a triple kill wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    So i get a quadra kill and still lose play of the game to someone who gets a triple kill wtf
    PotG isn't just kill count. It's that, and also;

- damage done
    - Kills on/near the point count for more
    - interrupted ults are a big bump as well
    - Assists and such also count, but not as much as the above.

Blarg. I think i have done 6 placement matches now. 4 losses 2 wins. I hope i am doing enough to not be in hell

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    There's less toxicity in Dzerzhinsk, Russia than OW solo queue
    I loled.

Typing more words cuz there's a 10 characters minimum limit per message.

I like to rationalize that the awful Hanzo/Widows are players that are just trying to do their best. Like, they would be even worse as a healer or tank so they try and do what they at least feel comfortable with. I know I dislike tanking and am not comfortable doing it. I'll go Support, I'll go DPS, but I'm never comfortable tanking.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do ya'll know if next season's rankings take into account prior season's high or how you ended the season or what? Or it is all conjecture?

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Do ya'll know if next season's rankings take into account prior season's high or how you ended the season or what? Or it is all conjecture?
    We don't know yet. I'm not sure if they've said anything about changes for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I've come to absolutely, irrevocably DESPISE Pharah, and firmly believe the game would be that much
    better off if she was never implemented into it.
    It's really starting to piss me off how many games boil down to:

Can my teammates kill a Pharah?
    ---Yes---> We get to play a regular game of Overwatch.
    ---No---> GG we lose hope you had fun.

I've been mostly playing tank or healer, if I'm on Winston or Zenyatta I try to help out but Jesus sometimes I wind up spending all my time trying to deal with the enemy Pharah because my team is hopeless at targeting her, and consequently I die to basically everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    I like to rationalize that the awful Hanzo/Widows are players that are just trying to do their best. Like, they would be even worse as a healer or tank so they try and do what they at least feel comfortable with. I know I dislike tanking and am not comfortable doing it. I'll go Support, I'll go DPS, but I'm never comfortable tanking.
    What gets me is that there's SO. FUCKING. MANY of them. In Gold it's like, 1 in 3 games or something you're dealing with a Hanzo troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Blarg. I think i have done 6 placement matches now. 4 losses 2 wins. I hope i am doing enough to not be in hell
    Well I think I got lucky and got like 7-8/10 wins in my placement, felt pretty good... and placed at like 2100. I think I was like 2300-2400 most of last season.

It feels totally random to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, even limiting myself to four losses a day, I am now down a thousand points from my season high. A THOUSAND. I have not won a single game since last week and I am no longer going to be able to queue with two of the three people I usually play with. This is the lowest I've ever been (by far), and I don't think I'm getting worse. I'm bad but I'm not this bad, and it's not like as support (which I usually pick because no one else wants to and I'm better at it than tanks) I have much power to influence the game's outcome. I do my damn best but I can't break this cycle of losses. If I wasn't so nervous that not being able to get back up wouldn't negatively affect me next season I'd probably just say fuck it, but I don't want one week of terrible games to start a chain reaction for future seasons.

I did get blamed for the last loss by the Torb because "I never healed him enough," so that was fun times. If I wasn't already so sour about all of this, I probably would have laughed at how hilarious his accusation was. Aside from the fact the Pharah was 100% keeping his turrets locked down and making him low priority as someone to save, he was never on the damn point anyway. I also had 26k healing for the game, so. I try to never be rude in chat or I would have told him to go fuck himself. Because, really, that guy can go fuck himself.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Placed around 2300, got up to 2911 losing streak down to 2700 (I blame myself for two of those games. I should have told the idiot to go fuck himself and mute him.) Having a lovely time with ex diamond players who fall down to plat believing themselves to be the pros that they are. Don't like the winning/losing streak system, if you where Diamond and fall down to Plat that lovely looking Diamond rank should be gone until you have earned it back.

Don't blame team mates, mute idiots, don't argue with people, pick a role and become better at it. Seriously fuck tanks who don't engage, fuck supports who don't do shit and fuck dps players who can't fucking aim. Have fun boys and girls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Won everything last night, but only did two comp matches. Discovered I'm useful with Zenyatta (this after vowing not to play support, I know), and that it takes about 2 minutes of aggressive Pharmercy hunting with Widow for them to switch and make life so much easier for the team.

Also got 5 votes for my Tracer skills in a QP match, "Awh, cheers luvs!"

Shame I was so damn sleepy I had to call an early night

10+ Year Old Account
    A good Zenyatta is really useful between his discord and his damage. I'm not sure how he is considered at the high end of things (usually the meta seems to prefer specific healers) but a good Zen seems really awesome to have on your team. And I have been murdered many a time by a skilled evil Zenyatta. I'm not good enough on him to pick him in competitive myself but I've been enjoying him in Arcade a lot lately.

| twitch | bsky
    |