Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Later on, after the comments were picked up by numerous outlets, Gabriel clarified how Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, The Mighty Thor, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and Moon Girl continue to prove popular and won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.
    Cool! I especially like Spider-Gwen and The Mighty Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Forgot to reply yesterday but if you look at that same sight and take out the dc titles mighty Thor is in the top 10 for both jaunuary and fedbuary.
    Then in march it dropped to 15 (just looking at marvel still) then dropped to 19th, being it was at issue 4 in Feb, it was still selling as a curiosity I'm guessing and started sinking.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Then in march it dropped to 15 (just looking at marvel still) then dropped to 19th, being it was at issue 4 in Feb, it was still selling as a curiosity I'm guessing and started sinking.
    your looking at unworhy thor look at mighty thor it was issue 15 and 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    dropping it is fine with me but you cant in good faith said they haven't always been doing this.
    Oh no course not. I can even tell you some now diverse characters I like, Morales/Spider-man Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel

It's just I think a lot of the changes I think are lazy, unnecessary and forced. Forcing diversity over good storytelling. Have you read the new Thor book? That's awful. Thank god for The Unworthy Thor.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Oh no course not. I can even tell you some now diverse characters I like, Morales/Spider-man Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel

It's just I think a lot of the changes I think are lazy, unnecessary and forced. Forcing diversity over good storytelling. Have you read the new Thor book? That's awful. Thank god for The Unworthy Thor.
    I've been following the new thor I've been rather liking it but I've only liked thor since the god butcher arch so i'm a bit biast to this writer. the only new "diversity" character i don't like so far is cho as the hulk but that's because i didn't like cho before and him being a hulk doesn't make me like him.

your looking at unworhy thor look at mighty thor it was issue 15 and 16.
    hmm not seeing unworthy in 2016 march.
    and in 2017 jan Unworthy was at 28 over all and mighty was at 35 over all.

just searched it unworthy #1 came out in nov and was 8th in the marvel line up for sales that month.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2017-04-06 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Plus. It doesn't help that they have the stink of "made specifically to increase diversity" and not "Is actually interesting".
    Lots of this. diversity is great but it has to feel natural and not forced as so much of it was/is. It's kind of like that all female ghostbusters movie. They just went for "oh hey we have a female lead movie now" and forgot to give people another actual reason to see it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Almost everyone that I know of that once collected comic books is either dead or no long collects them for a variety of reasons.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    He didn't gender swap. He swiped Sif's body to fuck with Thor's head.
    Loki is a trickster god and him changing genders would be perfectly fine if not accepted. Its what he does in myth. One time he turned into a female horse to seduce a male horse ffs.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    hmm not seeing unworthy in 2016 march.
    and in 2017 jan Unworthy was at 28 over all and mighty was at 35 over all.

just searched it unworthy #1 came out in nov and was 8th in the marvel line up for sales that month.
    oh no no i was talking about the February and January sales of this year.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-01.html
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-02.html
    might thor was 9th in January with issue 15 and 9th in February behind a lot of starwars, thats if you take out dc who is beating marvel to a plup right now thor has been selling alot more this year then it was last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Almost everyone that I know of that once collected comic books is either dead or no long collects them for a variety of reasons.
    wow way to be a party pooper..........

oh no no i was talking about the February and January sales of this year.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-01.html
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-02.html
    might thor was 9th in January with issue 15 and 9th in February behind a lot of starwars, thats if you take out dc who is beating marvel to a plup right now thor has been selling alot more this year then it was last year.
    unworthy was still outselling it on both months in 2017 *Feb it was number 7 on the marvel line up and 28 over all? and mighty in Feb looking over all it was at 41 but if you also compare to Feb last year mighty 56,000 sold v's just over 40,000 this Feb still does not seem like it's doing too well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    One time he turned into a female horse to seduce a male horse ffs.
    Not just seduce. That's the origin of Sleipnir.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Ganke. Miles revealed his powers to him because he didn't want to keep his best buddy in the dark.
    oh no his friend is home coming is totally this guy, i don't remember his name off the top of my head but its totally the same person.
    Yeah it really seems like they took inspiration from Ganke for the character, but his name is apparently Ned Leeds:

http://www.cbr.com/no-thats-not-gank...oming-trailer/

Who was a completely different character in the 616 universe. Another reporter at the Bugle who was a rival for Betty Brant's affections for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Loki is a trickster god and him changing genders would be perfectly fine if not accepted. Its what he does in myth. One time he turned into a female horse to seduce a male horse ffs.
    I remember that, it was to help the Aesir get out of paying a bill for the construction of Valhalla. He had a foal, Sleipnir, who became Odin's steed.

So Odin rides around on a horse whose mother is Loki. Good old Norse gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    wow way to be a party pooper..........
    It is true, though. Reasons for declining sales are a lot more than what they're willing to admit.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2017-04-06 at 02:15 AM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    unworthy was still outselling it on both months in 2017 *Feb it was number 7 on the marvel line up and 28 over all? and mighty in Feb looking over all it was at 41 but if you also compare to Feb last year mighty 56,000 sold v's just over 40,000 this Feb still does not seem like it's doing too well.
    its doing well compared to there other tons of titles, not saying its selling like hot cakes but its still beating out most other titles.

- - - Updated - - -

It is true, though. Reasons for declining sales are a lot more than what they're willing to admit.
    well ya but did you really think id miss a good time to link that video?

I collected the ketch or whatever his name was Ghost rider reboot into about the first 20 issues *Dad had a bunch of the old Blaze Ghost riders and I really liked reading them when I was young, and all the infinity gauntlet and their crossovers, and then kinda quit after that. (still have them in plastic and boxes put up)

Are these real? I don't read much marvel anymore but this is terrible dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post

That was one was actually purposely cringy and not meant to be taken serious. Its making fun of them.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account

Ha I haven't seen this befor that's great. And Ya clearly making fun of the sjw collage thing.

It's a heavy handed approach mocking SJW's...so yes...it's "real"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.