Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Words of Wisdom for the Tryhard (but baddie) Dungeoneer.

I've been looking for a catch all thread to post tips and tricks (as well as do's and don'ts) for dealing with specific things (maybe even obscure things you don't regularly have to deal with or things that change in the dungeons depending on m+ affixes) in Legion dungeons and I haven't really seen that as a thing on these forums so here goes.

So to start it off I'm going to talk about Eye of Azhara. First off, this dungeon is really really easy but a lot of people who play this game are very bad.

First let's talk about trash count. When you're doing EOA, regardless of the difficulty or the affixes, never pull the big water elementals, but especially do not do this when you have fortified as an affix, and especially never mass pull them with other adds, they simply do a lot of group wide damage that is hard to deal with, and especially in conjunction with a Hatecoil Arcanist. There is a high probability that your group will wipe (affixes and key level depending) if this ever happens.

And besides you can get all of the trash you need from this place without ever killing them. In fact you can get over 70% of your trash count from the crabs, giblins, slimes, hydras, crab people and other things in the area around Serpentrix, regardless of the Affixes, teeming or not does not change this, you can always get almost all of your trash count from there and there's no need to do something stupid like the tank in my last dungeon did, which was pull the 2 giants at the cave entrance, totally forget about the Murloc group that paths there, and then try and blame me because I the hunter "pulled them" to the tank when they were definitely going to get pulled no matter what due to our groups positioning.

Besides, never pull those things anyways they do a lot of dmg, take a lot of time to kill and are 100% unnecessary for your trash count, especially in 7.2 why? Because the 4 summoners you have to kill to unleash Wrath of Azshara give trash % now.

Which leads us to this: the absolute best case scenario boss order is: Warlord > Serpentrix > Hatecoil > King Deepbeard and then of course Wrath of Azshara.

But here is the thing, by the time you have killed the first 3 bosses you should already have nearly full trash count, and all that should be left to kill are the 4 summoners and Wrath of Azshara. Guess what guys? As of 7.2 the combined 4 summoners give you just under 8% trash count. So what does this mean? It means that if you're over 90% (which you should be at that point) all the remaining trash you need to kill are the summoners, if you need something else there are definitely stragglers around Serpentrix' area you can pick up.

So why is that the best boss order and the best way to get your trash count? Might be confused about something? Because you do not need to go through the cave to get to King Deepbeard, all you need is a 3 person mount, 1-2 swapblasters and a class that is capable of either stealthing around to the boss (rogue, hunter) or a demon hunter or warrior that can easily jump from the ship near Wrath of Azshara to the cliff in King Deepbeard's area.

P.s. if you decide to get most of the trash cleared before Serpentrix (which you should because it is the most time efficient way to do things), Serpentrix is where you lust a 2nd time. Why? Because you can in fact use bloodlust 3 times in this dungeon unless you are 3 chesting, in which case lust shouldn't even be off cooldown yet by the time you're through killing serpentrix, in which case always save it for Wrath of Azshara because it will help there more than anywhere else.

If I've left anything out feel free to add to this, hopefully we can get some useful discussion going here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    So why is that the best boss order and the best way to get your trash count? Might be confused about something? Because you do not need to go through the cave to get to King Deepbeard, all you need is a 3 person mount, 1-2 swapblasters and a class that is capable of either stealthing around to the boss (rogue, hunter) or a demon hunter or warrior that can easily jump from the ship near Wrath of Azshara to the cliff in King Deepbeard's area.

This is something i've never quite understood. Hatecoil is on the way to Serpentrix, and you can use the winds that the storm enables to slow down the green bolts serpentrix shoots (something that needs to be considered on tyrannical on higher keys). The seagulls that land in serpentrix's area are a minor inconvenience, you can either solo pull them and kill them before the daze your tank, or pull it with mobs and just stun it and cleave off of it. The order you do the bosses doesn't affect the jumping swapblaster thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    This is something i've never quite understood. Hatecoil is on the way to Serpentrix, and you can use the winds that the storm enables to slow down the green bolts serpentrix shoots (something that needs to be considered on tyrannical on higher keys). The seagulls that land in serpentrix's area are a minor inconvenience, you can either solo pull them and kill them before the daze your tank, or pull it with mobs and just stun it and cleave off of it. The order you do the bosses doesn't affect the jumping swapblaster thing.
    This is flat out false. The seagulls are not a minor inconvenience, they take up time you can't afford to spare when you're aiming for multiple chests (group ilvl/skill and key lvl pending) and give a very high probability of your group wiping, unless you take even more time you do not have to spare killing all of them before the boss. It is simply a lot faster to not deal with the seagulls at all, it's that simple.

There are literally no higher end groups at all that pull Hatecoil before Serpentrix and this is the reason why. It's all about managing time, it totally does not take longer to run back to Hatecoil after killing Serpentrix (or even after King Deepbeard as some other groups do) than is does to have to deal with 1 single Seagull.

Time management > everything else.

Also I'm not sure if what you're saying about the winds is accurate at all, it's not documented, and that's the first I've heard of this and I've been doing this dungeon since week 1 (when we first figured out hey gee we can do this place a lot faster if we don't have to worry about those stupid birds). But assuming it is, I have never ever heard anyone address that concern and I typically run with people that (at least before 7.2) were doing 18-20 and beyond on time. I'll just say if your healer can't heal through the damage of those bolts you've got way worse problems (i.e. a bad healer) and probably are not trying your bestest to complete the dungeon as efficiently as possible, which should be the goal for any group (unless you just don't care).
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-06 at 12:42 PM.

Heres a log of the current highest Eye done, a 24 (notation it was before 7.2). They did Hatecoil first. I don't hate to be that guy, but don't say no high end groups have done it in that order when the highest has done it that way, and on fortified where the seagull has extra health. I'm sure most skip.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by Drish; 2017-04-06 at 12:44 PM.

Lol i wish they patched the ship skip method already, it's so bad, I've done plenty of EoA 3 chests at 10 and above, heck even 15 and above (pre 7.2), timer is non existent in this place, Seagulls can be a pain, but just focus them down? Not that hard. The trash by snake is easy to mass pull too, pull 2 giant crabs + 1 hydra, focus down the hydra, works like a charm, takes no time.

Literally clear the trash by snake in 3 pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Lol i wish they patched the ship skip method already, it's so bad, I've done plenty of EoA 3 chests at 10 and above, heck even 15 and above (pre 7.2), timer is non existent in this place, Seagulls can be a pain, but just focus them down? Not that hard. The trash by snake is easy to mass pull too, pull 2 giant crabs + 1 hydra, focus down the hydra, works like a charm, takes no time.

Literally clear the trash by snake in 3 pulls.
    Hahahahah lol we can just do the place without doing it the most efficient way possible lol. Your post in a nutshell.

FYI pre 7.2 is not applicable to the live game. So even if this is true (which I highly doubt) your point is moot, and anyyyways it's not about what you might possibly be able to get away with doing it is about what is the absolute best case scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    Heres a log of the current highest Eye done, a 24 (notation it was before 7.2). They did Hatecoil first. I don't hate to be that guy, but don't say no high end groups have done it in that order when the highest has done it that way, and on fortified where the seagull has extra health. I'm sure most skip.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Well first off, they barely completed the dungeon on time and only did so after many many hours of wiping. 2nd they did not use the swap blaster trick. They simply went back and killed Serpentrix after Deepbeard, no doubt this had something to do with dealing with those birds.

At any rate, this does not detract from the fact that the things I mentioned will save you time, which is of course of all importance in m+. Even the "best" players out there don't know every last painstaking detail of all these places, and this is more or less intended to be a place to catalogue all of those tips and tricks.

But hey man feel free to act like I don't know what I'm talking about because this stuff I'm talking about here is legitimately what (at least a lot of) the pros do (i.e. people that were pushing beyond 15's well before 7.1.5 even hit).
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-06 at 01:43 PM.

They also barely completed the dungeon on time and only did so after many many hours of wiping.

But hey man feel free to act like I don't know what I'm talking about because this stuff I'm talking about here is legitimately what the pros do (i.e. people that were pushing 15's well before 7.1.5 even hit).
    do you honestly believe people that are pushing EoA 24 in 7.2 right now are some scrubs or nah ?

Just asking

I love how these debates turn into people slapping their penises out on the table to measure them. There is no one rule fits all for " which boss first" - Each has merits defending on affixes imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post
    do you honestly believe people that are pushing EoA 24 in 7.2 right now are some scrubs or nah ?

Just asking
    There is no one pushing EOA 24 in 7.2. Not yet, anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I love how these debates turn into people slapping their penises out on the table to measure them. There is no one rule fits all for " which boss first" - Each has merits defending on affixes imo.
    Well here's the thing, the fastest boss route in EOA does not change at all depending on affixes. It's simply more efficient to not have to kill birds.

Second this is not a debate thread. There are just a couple of people who are basically saying "Well these guys did it without blahblahblah" doesn't detract from the time saving measures these tips will bring you in any case. The bottom line is that in mythic+, especially the higher the keystone level every second counts. There is no method where spending more time killing trash you don't need to makes the dungeon faster.

That being said, you'd be surprised how many people who push 20's and up (even now) don't know about the swapblaster trick and so on. The mentality here seems to be "XYZ player cleared XYZ content at this level, therefore blahblahblah" and that's just not the case. There are plenty of people who manage to clear these things without knowing every trick in the book or doing it as efficient as possible and the intention here is to post your tips and tricks for mythic+ dungeons. Not for badass dude #958783 to go on about how you don't need to do this or that because he or she didn't need to do that or whatever.

Strictly talking about how to make your mythic+ dungeons as smooth and timely as they possibly can be here in this space.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-06 at 03:08 PM.

As someone that has pushed 21+ Eye keys. Most of what you're saying is wrong.

You should never be doing Serpentrix before Lady Hatecoil. The 30 seconds you spend running past Lady Hatecoil and then back to Lady Hatecoil after killing Serpentrix is longer than it takes to deal with Seagulls. Seagulls can be pulled with the other trash that you're clearing in the area and stunned/cleaved down before they disorient the tank.

Next, the doing all of the trash in Serpentrix area for kill count and then swap blastering to the 3rd boss is not always the fastest way to do the dungeon. Specifically, on weeks with teeming/bolstering it's better to go through the tunnel and get kill count with murloc packs. Then you can reset the giants without pulling them to get to the 3rd boss.

Overall, you made a very pretentious post with bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    As someone that has pushed 21+ Eye keys. Most of what you're saying is wrong.

You should never be doing Serpentrix before Lady Hatecoil. The 30 seconds you spend running past Lady Hatecoil and then back to Lady Hatecoil after killing Serpentrix is longer than it takes to deal with Seagulls. Seagulls can be pulled with the other trash that you're clearing in the area and stunned/cleaved down before they disorient the tank.

Next, the doing all of the trash in Serpentrix area for kill count and then swap blastering to the 3rd boss is not always the fastest way to do the dungeon. Specifically, on weeks with teeming/bolstering it's better to go through the tunnel and get kill count with murloc packs. Then you can reset the giants without pulling them to get to the 3rd boss.

Overall, you made a very pretentious post with bad advice.
    You're full of shit. It does not take 30 seconds to run from Serpentrix to Hatecoil, and it does take longer than 30 seconds to kill all of the Seagulls.

And no with teeming bolstering it's not better to get your kill count with murloc packs in the cave, that's fucking utter nonsense. FYI there are a ton of Giblin packs and crabs all around the Serpentrix area (note: I did not say his immediate area) that people like you who think you're so damn great at this game you don't need advice, tend to ignore.

I play with people as experienced or more experienced than you very often and the few of you who have responded to my thread are the only ones I have ever encountered that have any objections, outside of random ungreeable baddies in game that utterly ruin the M+ experience that I'm never going to group up with again and wouldn't want to because they don't even get the point that it's not about doing things YOUR way when it's not YOUR key. Hell, where do you think I learned all these things? Not just from doing it on my own and figuring it out.

But way to exaggerate actual travel time in the game pal and make outrageous claims that killing several mobs is faster than going from one boss to the next on your mount when they're only a few hundred yards apart.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-06 at 03:59 PM.

It takes 15 seconds to run there and 15 seconds to run back. You can do it buddy what does that combine to (15+15=30). And if you're pulling seagulls into other packs you're technically taking 0 extra seconds to kill the seagulls because they just die to cleave.

Now stay with me here but 0 seconds is less than 30 seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    gotta love the "i wanted to make a help thread", then proceeds to tell everyone they are full of shit

It would be nice if this thread could be used to share additional tips and tracks for Mythic Keystone content rather than bashing the OP's EoA strats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It would be nice if this thread could be used to share additional tips and tracks for Mythic Keystone content rather than bashing the OP's EoA strats.
    It'd be a lot easier to create a new thread without the toxic title and OP's contributions.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrument View Post

Just asking
    no they just have the Gear for it. doesnt mean they are good

- - - Updated - - -

You're full of shit. It does not take 30 seconds to run from Serpentrix to Hatecoil, and it does take longer than 30 seconds to kill all of the Seagulls.

And no with teeming bolstering it's not better to get your kill count with murloc packs in the cave, that's fucking utter nonsense. FYI there are a ton of Giblin packs and crabs all around the Serpentrix area (note: I did not say his immediate area) that people like you who think you're so damn great at this game you don't need advice, tend to ignore.

I play with people as experienced or more experienced than you very often and the few of you who have responded to my thread are the only ones I have ever encountered that have any objections, outside of random ungreeable baddies in game that utterly ruin the M+ experience that I'm never going to group up with again and wouldn't want to because they don't even get the point that it's not about doing things YOUR way when it's not YOUR key. Hell, where do you think I learned all these things? Not just from doing it on my own and figuring it out.

But way to exaggerate actual travel time in the game pal and make outrageous claims that killing several mobs is faster than going from one boss to the next on your mount when they're only a few hundred yards apart.
    LOOK AT ME I PLAY WITH PEOPLE WHO SPEND THOUSANDS OF HOURS ON SHIT 5 MAN CONTENT OMG THEY ARE SO EXPERIENCED LOOK AT ME HOW I PLAY WITH THEM YOU ARE ALL SHIT ANYWAY BECAUSE I PLAY WITH PEOPLE WITH WAAAAAAY MORE EXPERIENCE THEY ARE SO GOOD THEY FINISH A +THREE CHEST IN 2 MINUTES LESS THAN YOU LOL GIT GUD SCRUBS

yeah thats pretty much all i got out of your Post

1 look at OP's WoWProgress and I knew this was troll thread.

Hey guys, I'm here to give you some shit tips that are actually awful, and if you disagree with any of it or offer alternatives, you're wrong and you're shit.

The content of the post and the behavior of OP shouldn't really be surprising with a title that clearly sets the tone to be condescending and arrogant.

Edit: Holy shit that m+ score. Either this is an amazing 10/10 troll or we have someone who legitimately believes they are qualified to offer advice when they should actually be asking for it.
    Last edited by Teroch; 2017-04-06 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    1 look at OP's WoWProgress and I knew this was troll thread.
    This ^

OP is speaking from a place that he's never been. He's a 3/10 M raider with very little M+ experience.

Nothing to see here....fake news....SAD.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

You sound like a very average player who's tired of getting in groups with average tanks instead of good tanks carrying him.

Serpentix before lady hatecoil is the solution for bad players, good players have no problem exploding seagulls along with the regular pulls without spending any extra second because they die faster than every other mobs in regular cleave, use 1 stun per seagull (there's maximum 3 that you need to kill here) and problem is very easily solved, they can't disorient while stunned.

The cave is only 1 pull (cuz you're supposed to get the murlocs and the goblins together unless it's bolstering, the big murloc will most likely end up with 5 milion stacks and become a waste of time), you dont really need that swapblaster shenanigan the dungeon wasn't designed around that at all, I suppose it can save a few seconds, haven't tried it, never felt the need for it.

If you're so salty about the way people run M+, do like I did, roll tank and be the law.