Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Not interested in a game where everyone can easily get everything. Same rewards for everyone is not very fun.
    Except most of these rewards that have long since been removed were never easy to get. In fact, most everything requires some level of effort to acquire. That said, I still don't understand why it upsets you so much for others to have stuff especially when what another person has does not affect or diminish the hardships you endured to obtain yours.

They should be obtainable.

They want to time-gate everything nowadays to make content last longer. Why remove something that gives us more to do when we are bored in later expansions? Green fire is obtainable after it's expansion, these should be too.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    They should be obtainable.

They want to time-gate everything nowadays to make content last longer. Why remove something that gives us more to do when we are bored in later expansions? Green fire is obtainable after it's expansion, these should be too.

IMO
    Unfortunately while you can still obtain the green fire, you can't acquire the title. I have it but it doesn't make me feel "special" in any way and I would not be bothered if others had the chance to obtain it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think they SHOULD become unobtainable, just like some titles and mounts. It gives it more prestige and entices players to get it done before the expansion ends.
    My understanding is that artifacts themselves may very well not be available after the expac ends.

I think the more interesting question is how blizzard will handle this whole situation next expansion, assuming we get rid of artifacts at level 111, will they make all the utility traits that in some cases make classes viable baseline ? and what will the story reason be for me laying down truthguard and the ashbringer and in equipping a green quest sword at 111.

Gotta work on leveling every class in the game and obtain every artifact before its too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I think the more interesting question is how blizzard will handle this whole situation next expansion, assuming we get rid of artifacts at level 111, will they make all the utility traits that in some cases make classes viable baseline ? and what will the story reason be for me laying down truthguard and the ashbringer and in equipping a green quest sword at 111.
    The weapons were consumed in making the final weapon to defeat Sargeras.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No absolutely not. Do they remove all the weapons in previous raids/expansions? No, because it's stupid.
    Balance of Power Quest chain has been confirmed to be going with the expac.

so yes i wouldnt be shocked seeing them remove the ability to get some of these.

the Challegne Scenario, not it will not be going away.

Blizz has stated, that after the expec is over, they would look back at the construction buildings and ease up whats needed to build them so that people could do them again.

that to me shows they plan on keeping that one in.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think the pvp one and the one from the main storyline (Pve) should be removed, that's fair, but the others like the hidden ones and such should stay, there's no valid reason to remove those. And some people change their classes after an expansion that's why it'll suck hard if all these amazing skins go to waste,

you honestly cannot expect people to obtain every appearance on every class, that's too much to ask from the players to fulfill within 1 / 1.5 year.

With main storyline I don't mind the first appearances you get, I mean the ones from the balance of power questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the fence with artwork. I hate it more when they remove mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'd remove the challenge ones from the Mage Tower. Feats of skill are generally not obtainable after an expansion. Else it'd be trivial to come back and roll through the mage tower at level 120.

The leveling ones(classic), raid ones(valorous), world content ones(upgraded), pvp ones(war-torn), and secret ones should stay though - I view those appearances as basically this expansion's weapons, which do not make sense to remove them.
    This. 10/char.

Deleted
    They already said they will figure out a way to let you still transmog to them, the weapons themselves will be gone however.

Removing them at the end of the expansion will probably also create another out of the game economy in people paying real life money and letting boosters piloting their character to the skin at the end of the expansion just like at the end of MoP with the CM sets.

I mean yes thats not really an issue for anyone but the guy spending his money but the CM sets lost all their prestige in the last 6 months of MoP, that it really didnt matter if blizzard removed them or had them stay in.

I'm ok with them becoming unobtainable IF they unlock account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Have you considered how long this expansion is going to be? Be proactive, don't be a bum. I have Mage tower completed on 3 classes, 2 of which I never played before Legion.
    Yea, go get prestige 9 or 15 (for the pvp recolors) on those 3 alts this expansion. Good luck.

It's absurd that Mythic Sets and mounts are kept in the game so you can go farm them 20-30-40 levels higher, yet shit like this would be removed?

People could have gotten invincible , mimiron's head, full mythic tiers, during their expansion's cycle, right? Oh wait, its all in the game, STILL.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, go get prestige 9 or 15 (for the pvp recolors) on those 3 alts this expansion. Good luck.

It's absurd that Mythic Sets and mounts are kept in the game so you can go farm them 20-30-40 levels higher, yet shit like this would be removed?

People could have gotten invincible , mimiron's head, full mythic tiers, during their expansion's cycle, right? Oh wait, its all in the game, STILL.
    I'm Prestige 8 on my main, Prestige 6 on the first alt I leveled and Prestige 5 on the second alt. I don't think 9 is going to be out of reach for any of the 3, particularly now that they've reduced the cost between levels even further.

If it would be easy to find an organic way to remove old Mythic/HC gear I'd be in favor of that, but removing old mounts & titles is much more realistic and something I'm also in favor of. Beyond that, I think they should retroactively remove titles that people earned after tiers ended so that things like "Light of Dawn", "Dragonslayer" and "Firelord" aren't trash titles that you look past.

So, was there anything else you wanted to say or was that the extent of it?

*On a sidenote regarding the Prestige skins, Blizzard was kind enough to make the Prestige 1 skins the most handsome for almost every spec I've looked at. The majority of the high-prestige skins are an awful Gold+Teal combo that no one can seriously desire.
    Last edited by shrunken; 2017-04-07 at 03:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Well, artifacts will be GONE next expansion, the devs have already said that. They also said the skins would not be obtainable after Legion, but recently mentioned they are still deciding on that......

Personally, I say they should be obtainable. But I'd make the Balance of Power and Mage tower challenge skins unobtainable, to preserve the bragging rights of them.
    "I did normal, #Brag" - Balance of Power
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Except most of these rewards that have long since been removed were never easy to get. In fact, most everything requires some level of effort to acquire. That said, I still don't understand why it upsets you so much for others to have stuff especially when what another person has does not affect or diminish the hardships you endured to obtain yours.
    because there is a lot of people with really small d...cks who look for false sense of self-satisfaction in form of artificial pixels . those are people with clear signs of mental deaseases who need fake validation in fake world instead look for them irl.

most of time its because real life is hardmode for them that they fail in

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    As someone who does have challenge mode sets and weapons, I don't know why others shouldn't have the opportunity to look as fabulous as myself. Why are people so against it if people get the same items 2 years after them? It's a game? An appearance? Why are people so salty when it comes to this? I honestly don't understand how people can be so petty?

I say let them get the appearances after the expansions over if that's what they want, you'll have all this time to feel like a special snowflake.
    I dunno ask the PvPers. The PvP dude was considering adding old elite sets back into the game as obtainable as long as you achieved elite status for a current season but the community threw a fucking bitch fit and they went back on that. Absolutely stupid in my idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It gives it more prestige and entices players to get it done before the expansion ends.
    I think instead they should figure out a way to not obsolete all the previous content in every xpac (and patch). Keep artifacts (and titles and mounts) available, but also keep them as big, or bigger, challenges as they were during their release.

It obviously requires significant design effort and skills, but I think it could be done. Off the top of my head, there could be some "era" system where you can downgrade your character to the way it was at each xpac. Then you'd have to achieve the artifact/mount/xpac within the correct era with the same difficulty it originally was. Of course in practice it would become a lot more difficult, since you'd have to get raid groups to the old xpacs with era-scaled characters etc. Which maintains the prestige of the rewards but still makes them available to those that are willing to put in the effort.
    Last edited by mmoc808729a431; 2017-04-07 at 08:33 AM.

Except most of these rewards that have long since been removed were never easy to get. In fact, most everything requires some level of effort to acquire.
    Yes some of them are initially hard to get. But the problem is they are still obtainable when you outgear the content.

That said, I still don't understand why it upsets you so much for others to have stuff especially when what another person has does not affect or diminish the hardships you endured to obtain yours.
    I think exclusive rewards give an incentive to get them. Most people like to show off with their hard-earned rewards. If it can be easily obtained by everyone, the incentive is not here and competitive people move to other games.