Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(win!!!!)

Rinse and repeat.

Tried the new brawler BG thinking that after 12 years of meticulous balancing and a fresh start blizzard would finally earn the entertainment portion of them name...
    Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(loss)

Steamroll(win!!!!)

Rinse and repeat.

Quality you can believe in.

Deleted
    Maybe, just maybe, if you keep getting steamrolled in BG's much more often than you steamroll anyone else...and i know this might be hard for you to grasp...the chances are that you are terrible at the game and the problem is YOU. Either get better, or accept it, don't come here whining. I am terrible at Beat-em-ups. It's fine. I can live with it.

I am never one to defend Blizzard because I think large parts of this expansion are bad (hello pruning) but how exactly is it their fault that you keep losing BG's? Unless they add a hidden skill rating for every player then BG's won't always be close games, and surely that's the purpose of RATED BG's?

I have a BG win ratio of over 75% on all my characters, both horde and alliance (some have even been both at some point thanks to faction changes) before you try using the faction excuse to convince yourself you aren't bad. I usually only queue with one friend, so it's not like I'm winning because I'm in a large premade. This would suggest me and my friend are good enough to influence the game in a positive manner more often than not - with just the 2 of us (or myself if solo).

You are probably yet another entitled millennial who thinks he deserves the Earth for minimal effort, including winning more BG's despite the fact you are clearly bad at the game. If not, then instead you are a whiny man-child, which is actually even worse. Is it Blizzard's fault that you're still terrible despite every spec being pruned to shit and being 90% optimal using 5 buttons? The irony is that you should thank them for making every spec so easy to play to accommodate you, but instead you seem mad at them.

Ignore the "it is you" replies.

It is not you per se, it is you queuing solo instead of with a party of 5. Never queue alone. Half of the players queue in groups since MoP. Obviously, you are going to get farmed without a group, your loss-streak is exactly what happens with those who didn't get the message.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: And your "steamroll (win!)"s were almost certainly the result of a party that queued on your side for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Ignore the "it is you" replies.

It is not you per se, it is you queuing solo instead of with a party of 5. Never queue alone. Half of the players queue in groups since MoP. Obviously, you are going to get farmed without a group, your loss-streak is exactly what happens with those who didn't get the message.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: And your "steamroll (win!)"s were almost certainly the result of a party that queued on your side for a change.
    Ya, I always ignore it is you posts. Its like the ultimate ignorant rant.

I did'nt know about Qing solo or with a group. So basically you are telling me(and through my experience) that if I Q solo I am fucked? Well that sucks because all I do is Q solo because all my friends quit the game or wont go near pvp because they get steamrolled and fucking hate it.

Any fixes coming from Blizzard or is this considered the norm now?

Blizzard could improve it by making the team selection balancing better. A few weeks ago when the BG weekly came around, I had to play 6 or 7 games for each win, and the main noticeable thing I saw was that the Horde team was always a full team of players who had at least reached their first level of prestige, if not multiple levels, and the alliance team, my team, would only have 2 or 3 that had even reached the first level, and everyone else had not.

I'm not saying prestige is a sign of skill, but it suggests at some level a commitment to PvP, through WQs, arenas or BGs. Not having at least the first level means they don't do PvP at all, or they're on an alt that they haven't done the honor grind with. I was easily able to predict who would win or lose the game just by looking at the rosters. The rosters, believe it or not, are a result of Blizzard's programming, and thus, their fault. Not hard to balance better, but they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    Ya, I always ignore it is you posts. Its like the ultimate ignorant rant.

I did'nt know about Qing solo or with a group. So basically you are telling me(and through my experience) that if I Q solo I am fucked? Well that sucks because all I do is Q solo because all my friends quit the game or wont go near pvp because they get steamrolled and fucking hate it.

Any fixes coming from Blizzard or is this considered the norm now?
    Yes, if you queue without a group, you are gimping yourself.

No fixes coming.

You don't have to queue with friends, you can start making your groups in trade / LFG. People will expect you to lead and provide directions and I realize that you might not want it, but such is life, you have to. Don't stress too much, it is not very difficult. Add those you liked playing with to your friends list and recruit from there as it grows - broadcast "doing random bgs - need one dps / one heal, heroes welcome!" or something like that. Over time that list will grow to the point where you can recruit entirely from there. Jumpstart it all with a forum thread, state that you want to do BGs together with others and post your bnet tag, you are going to get some hits.

Hope this helps. It is *completely stupid* that Blizzard aren't enforcing solo-queuing in random BGs, but since they aren't, you can adopt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyviner View Post
    Blizzard could improve it by making the team selection balancing better. A few weeks ago when the BG weekly came around, I had to play 6 or 7 games for each win, and the main noticeable thing I saw was that the Horde team was always a full team of players who had at least reached their first level of prestige, if not multiple levels, and the alliance team, my team, would only have 2 or 3 that had even reached the first level, and everyone else had not.

I'm not saying prestige is a sign of skill, but it suggests at some level a commitment to PvP, through WQs, arenas or BGs. Not having at least the first level means they don't do PvP at all, or they're on an alt that they haven't done the honor grind with. I was easily able to predict who would win or lose the game just by looking at the rosters. The rosters, believe it or not, are a result of Blizzard's programming, and thus, their fault. Not hard to balance better, but they don't care.
    In terms of faction winrate, it is uneven and has always been uneven. The "it's the same, the side doesn't matter" folks don't know crap, they are just shouting what they think is true and it is not true.

In WoD, random BGs were going the Alliance way, about 60:40. This is a huge difference, anyone who played any kind of competitive game (World of Tanks, League, Hearthstone, whatever) knows that a winrate of 60% is god-tier.

In Legion, things went the other way and it is now going about the same 60:40 the Horde way - if you subtract AV and IoC which are still Alliance's, because the Horde just stopped queuing there over the years (historical reasons).

Why the unevenness and things going from favoring Alliance to favoring Horde and back? Due to changes in the game. We used to have the human racial, that was propping the Alliance like no tomorrow, Legion removed it and made glad ranks per-faction, that created the reverse movement, etc. They will do something else in the expansion after Legion and things might change again. But they are uneven, rest assured.

Blizzard simply needs to make random bgs 100% solo que from different servers with no groups allowed for anyone.

Players can play together in rbgs if they want battlegrounds, anyways.

I think there were plans that even small groups should be able to que for rbgs, a blue postet this some time ago. Not sure what happened with this.

100% solo ques from different servers would allow "new" game modes that could use the masses of wow, for everyones favorite, FFA games.

But apparantly all dev resources went into PvE content and meaningless brawls.

I queue during the day (9am to 5pm server) : win everything (or almost)
    I queue during the evening (7pm to 1am) : lose everything (or almost)
    I queue during the weekend (whatever the time) : lose everything (or almost)

Moral of this story : avoid kids while they're at school, play with the no lifers.

an excellent assessment

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, if you queue without a group, you are gimping yourself.

No fixes coming.

You don't have to queue with friends, you can start making your groups in trade / LFG. People will expect you to lead and provide directions and I realize that you might not want it, but such is life, you have to. Don't stress too much, it is not very difficult. Add those you liked playing with to your friends list and recruit from there as it grows - broadcast "doing random bgs - need one dps / one heal, heroes welcome!" or something like that. Over time that list will grow to the point where you can recruit entirely from there. Jumpstart it all with a forum thread, state that you want to do BGs together with others and post your bnet tag, you are going to get some hits.

Hope this helps. It is *completely stupid* that Blizzard aren't enforcing solo-queuing in random BGs, but since they aren't, you can adopt.

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of faction winrate, it is uneven and has always been uneven. The "it's the same, the side doesn't matter" folks don't know crap, they are just shouting what they think is true and it is not true.

In WoD, random BGs were going the Alliance way, about 60:40. This is a huge difference, anyone who played any kind of competitive game (World of Tanks, League, Hearthstone, whatever) knows that a winrate of 60% is god-tier.

In Legion, things went the other way and it is now going about the same 60:40 the Horde way - if you subtract AV and IoC which are still Alliance's, because the Horde just stopped queuing there over the years (historical reasons).

Why the unevenness and things going from favoring Alliance to favoring Horde and back? Due to changes in the game. We used to have the human racial, that was propping the Alliance like no tomorrow, Legion removed it and made glad ranks per-faction, that created the reverse movement, etc. They will do something else in the expansion after Legion and things might change again. But they are uneven, rest assured.

this would be THE assessment from my POV. PVP life was dominated by the human racial, an inequity that took too many years to iron and now that they've had a little bit of ego bruising within their engineer ranks from the mighty hands of business, they've circled back (or, I may be misinterpreting completely wanton changes that simply flipped the scales) that tried to make the 'other side' somehow popular enough to make 'ranked PVP' once again feel competitive, while completely smashing the scale itself. The THC-burned out, green faces of the dev and story teams conveys the general attitude atm I believe, (we know we are gaming gods, yet our subscription pool is in flux as hard as Hollywood's grasp on mind time and we are scrambling while constantly re-affirming our own godliness in the face of our own fallibility).

In short, the team requires even more disruption to foster something of worth and balanced. I hate this so much and it has been a lingering hate for many years.

And now for the compliment: I absolutely LOVE the reduction in keybindings (no more 48 keys, whutwhut!?!? /old man shrill) and the class/spec balance across playstyles (though hilariously enough it comes to us because of the completely monetary-driven thrust there. Consider the pve vs pvp leaderboards to see the 'spread for MAX pwnage'. They are deliberately playing our egos to extract MAX dollar value from us at every turn, and none so obvious as in the faction + class + orientation <the pvp vs pve> puzzle).

/respect /bow

Matchmaking needs to improve, the teams aren't always balanced.

I always queue solo, my winrate is 68% as alliance (1500+ wins) and 60% as horde (800+ games played)

So yeah, the problem is you.

Or maybe that I often queue as a healer and manage to carry the entire team, go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I always queue solo, my winrate is 68% as alliance (1500+ wins) and 60% as horde (800+ games played)

So yeah, the problem is you.

Or maybe that I often queue as a healer and manage to carry the entire team, go figure
    Same here. Queue mostly solo and leave from bg obly if I was thrown there in the middle of losing game.

My DH: (56%)
    Battlegrounds played: 174
    Battlegrounds won: 98

My monk: (63%)
    Battlegrounds played: 737
    Battlegrounds won: 464