Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omgclayaiken View Post
    I dont rly even need it tbh. Rarely do WQ or farm where it would benefit the most. As a raiding and M+ player theres little to no value havin it. Basically comes down to wat type of content u do, i guess.
    Was the amount of time you saved missing out those letters really worth the impression you make on others?

I don't care,
    Because judging from the state of the game and how shitty this patch is goin, I don't think I will do much even If I have flying.

Somewhat, like I'd rather have it than not, but I don't care so much about needing it in the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

You will care that Flasks will cost a fraction of their old price in a few weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing Bong View Post
    If you don't like flying, just don't fly. Seriously.
    You realize thats not how it works, right?

In a single-player game where you can set your own challenges, sure, go for it.

In an MMO where you play with other people, the actions of others have a direct impact on yourself. Try farming herbs on a ground mount when someone else flies. Yes, even other people flying to quest has an impact ony you since they can tap mobs more easily and quests get much more easy for them, which devalues the quest reward for everyone.

Its an MMO, not a singleplayer game. and flying hurts the game in the long run more then it benefits. Blizzard has already seen that it was a bad idea. The very first zone the added after flying was a thing - Quel Danas - had no flying. Wrath had no flying at the start and they deperately tried to make flying work with zones like Storm Peaks where it was mandatory, but failed to achieve it. The though scattering cataclysm zones all over the world was a good fix for some of the flying problems, but then provided portals. So they took flying away for leveling in MoP and brought two new endgame zones without flying. The finally had the guts in WoD to not make flying a thing for a prolonged time and did it again. But Argus is already confirmed to be no-flying.

The whole history of WoW is full of Blizzard trying to get out of a mistake they made with flying.

Flying is a make or break feature for me. I played Legion from launch up to two weeks after 7.1.5. That was my limit. 7.1.5 would have been a good time to add flying back. As it was, there was nothing to motivate me to grind more. At least with this patch I can grind one more reputation and finally get flying.

Deleted
    If Blizzard didn't design terrain so horribly (Broken Shore is the pinnacle of that, but other zones are equally as annoying), purely to "extend" content (make you run from point A to B through C because of terrain), then I would be fine with no-flying.

Don't see this happening, though, so I cannot wait to get flying.

With the change of resources to be lootable by multiple players, there is no argument any more that you HAVE to fly because others are flying. If you don't want to, don't do it...

I really don't understand how pointless World Quests with even more pointless rewards could be devalued in any form by flying. It just makes a necessary evil easier to do.

I can fully understand that there is no flying for the initial phase of new content, because people should experience it a couple of times, but the opening of Nighthold would have been the perfect time to re-introduce flying...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    That's actually exactly how it works. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by omgclayaiken View Post
    I dont rly even need it tbh. Rarely do WQ or farm where it would benefit the most. As a raiding and M+ player theres little to no value havin it. Basically comes down to wat type of content u do, i guess.
    Well, flying was needed a few months ago. It's a bit pointless now. The lack of flying really turned the rather cool new zones into some of the most boring ones in WoW history. A bit sad, really.

If blizzard created terrain that didnt punish you horribly while running around on the ground via stupid things like oh i slipped down that hill gota take a 5 minute trek around the mountain to get back up there people wouldnt be bellowing for flying so much.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post

In a single-player game where you can set your own challenges, sure, go for it.

In an MMO where you play with other people, the actions of others have a direct impact on yourself. Try farming herbs on a ground mount when someone else flies. Yes, even other people flying to quest has an impact ony you since they can tap mobs more easily and quests get much more easy for them, which devalues the quest reward for everyone.

Its an MMO, not a singleplayer game. and flying hurts the game in the long run more then it benefits. Blizzard has already seen that it was a bad idea. The very first zone the added after flying was a thing - Quel Danas - had no flying. Wrath had no flying at the start and they deperately tried to make flying work with zones like Storm Peaks where it was mandatory, but failed to achieve it. The though scattering cataclysm zones all over the world was a good fix for some of the flying problems, but then provided portals. So they took flying away for leveling in MoP and brought two new endgame zones without flying. The finally had the guts in WoD to not make flying a thing for a prolonged time and did it again. But Argus is already confirmed to be no-flying.

The whole history of WoW is full of Blizzard trying to get out of a mistake they made with flying.
    That's where you're wrong and interpreting facts your weird, sick, butthurt, ego no-flying way.

Facts: A) TBC was advertised with flying. Had special areas only for flyers, which means they themselves pushed players to earn and use it.

B) WotLK even had flying combat in Wintergrasp as a selling point before release, but wasn't implemented for technical reasons. Also, Storm Peaks and Icecrown WAS designed with flight in mind (see moving flying bases, quests that absolutely demanded flight).

C) Cataclysm expanded flight to almost all of Azeroth. Implemented Archaeology with huge item rewards that was only tolerable to be done with flight (having your next 3 sites spawn south when you're in Felwood isn't promoting the twirling flight path choice)

D) Pandaria, despite being smallish (smaller than Outland or Northrend) had flight right from the start at max level. Also had only flight farming spots and rares only reachable with flight. Also, a FLIGHT related faction.

I won't comment about WoD or Legion, we all know the shenanigans Blizzard went in order to scrupulously remove flight from the game and got pwnd for their decision by the playerbase unsubbing en masse. Also will not comment on the money Blizzard made by selling FLYING mounts on their shop. That selling point (pun intended) must really say they hated flying /s.

Last, because your no-fly zone argument doesn't need much elaboration: all those no fly zones were SMALL zones, easy and fast to design for middle patches and easy to insert content to them. Flying would only harm that content and you'll never see a pro-flight nagging about them. It was only when they decided to shoehorn 1/3rd of an expansion (=WoD) before Legion, that time and fund restraints dictated the small zone design to be the only way to design forward. And we all know how THAT went.

So in all, till WoD, the Whole History of WoW is full of Blizzard trying to milk the most awsome of gameplay feature they ever implemented with a small break of like 2 weeks between the announcement of no-flying ever and return of flight in game with Pathfinder.

As for your problems with world quests and herb/nodes, this isn't really an excuse. Having done more than 5k world quests and my fair share of farming, there were always incidents that i arrived to mobs at 1% and with no time to tag or clicking a herb and having it disappear on me before having the cast finish. Just treat the flyers as people who went there before you on their ground mounts. And stay on ground.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-04-07 at 02:35 PM.

I can't wait to fly. I will never walk on land ever again. No-flying is a failed experiment they should give up on.
    *enters dungeon, raid, pvp zone, building*

I see you're never walking on land and call bs, unless you're a priest.

The Broken Shore terrain is horrible. It was purposely created to grief players. I can't tell how many times I've accidentally fallen into the Temple of Elune on the right part of the island, when doing the quest where you have to gather knowledge from the 3 spots. It's really hard to see where the cracks are and it's easy to fall in and fall to your death. The Broken Shore is full with these spots. You want to get somewhere and then realize there is a big wall barring your path. "Gotta find the one spot where I can cross this fucking wall."

I can't wait to fly. I will never walk on land ever again. No-flying is a failed experiment they should give up on.
    It's really not hard if you're paying attention.

On topic: As far as i'm concerned, flying could just leave the game. Experience with flying sucks anyway. Get quest, divebomb on target, done. That's boring.

Deleted
    i care when it comes to going after a quest item, and when i get close to it, its up on a hill, and i have to travel 5 mins back to get up that hill.
    the broken shore pathing is awfull, so im glad i wont be grounded for long on that shitty island.

I am sad flying is back. it was fun engaging with the world around me for a change. Instead of just rushing between objectives mindlessly for the sake of the great grind.

Deleted
    I care I like exploration and think the Legion zones look more epic flying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    I am sad flying is back. it was fun engaging with the world around me for a change. Instead of just rushing between objectives mindlessly for the sake of the great grind.
    Err haven't you been doing that for 7 months already? Also you can ignore flying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It's really not hard if you're paying attention.

On topic: As far as i'm concerned, flying could just leave the game. Experience with flying sucks anyway. Get quest, divebomb on target, done. That's boring.
    Then don't use flying it is optional

10+ Year Old Account
    It does not matter to me I'm fine either way.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2017-04-07 at 02:29 PM. Reason: damn this new keyboard to hell

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

Then don't use flying it is optional
    Why would i? It's obviously faster. Way more boring nonetheless. Flying was a shitty design decision from the get go.

Deleted
    Flying to level ALTs and ALTs professions for me. Flying will also be good for the daily AP round.
    I'm not a huge fan of flying - i somewhat prefer staying on the ground, but with the AP grind i finally look forward to flying.
    I like this model for flying way more than MoP and earlier models. Experience all the major content and get your wings. However i hope that 7.2.5 + content zones will stay "no flying"

Flight is an utter necessity to save time. I can't believe why going 2x faster and bypassing annoying terrain/mobs/daze/pvp would not be a major priority. Are people just stuck on some kind of stupid protest mode (which won't change anything but will hurt yourself) or have they convinced themselves they don't need it because they think the achievement is too hard? It's not hard at all and it's account wide forever and you get it 90% of it by passively playing the game. That's a way better deal than spending a fuckton of gold on every toon. Sure, I find this new rep tedious and gated as fuck and it can seriously go suck a dick while i wait for an insignia mission to spawn but it's definitely not hard.