Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Now lets get someone to demand a woman prove "that's really her boy" and see what the response is!

Bonus points if it's an interracial child.
    ++

10char for posterity
    Purge H²: The Horrible Dev Duo from Blizzard and make WoW Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    I elaborated on hotel rooms since I was directly asked what the double could imply there were two of.
    A parent/child could sleep in the same bed and be completely innocent. A parent/child could sleep in the same bed and not be innocent. All hotel clerk knows is here is one adult, one teen, one bed. It made him suspicious, he calls the police, police question man, determine there's nothing amiss, man is not arrested and goes about his day.
    And the question comes down to: is this reasonable? I'm saying it isn't. If you are saying it is, you'll have to come up with some reasons why. "Because!" isn't a reason.

Its because of the stigma, clearly. Or the hotel staff/police would have given a reason why, such that he was acting suspicious, or his child was acting strangely. But they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Yes, actions based on safety concerns and not pedophilia allegations.
    Safety from what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Because misandry is intentional, protocol is a system placed for a reason. The staff saw it as suspicious behavior, while how they decided to deal with it is subject to debate, the fact that they acted isn't in error.
    But there is no system. Such behavior is not established in their policy. And depending on their justification, them deciding to act can be very well misandrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    All of that is lie. You've already proven that you don't care about making things up.

Very few restaurants automatically card everyone or anyone that looks under 50 (you still need to define that btw). that is a fact and no matter how much you keep trying to queef these lies into existence, it doesn't mean they're true.
    Nope, its the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It means he is accused of something without proof, which breaks the idea of "innocent until proven guilty."
    No, it doesn't. But I am intrigued as to how you reached this conclusion.

Because misandry is intentional, protocol is a system placed for a reason. The staff saw it as suspicious behavior, while how they decided to deal with it is subject to debate, the fact that they acted isn't in error.
    If it were simply protocol this would be a common practice, clearly written in their rules and whatnot. But it isn't.

If you make a decision based purely on some sort of prejudice or stimga, thats intentional misandry/racism/sexism/whateverism.

- - - Updated - - -

Debatable, depending on where you are.
    I've never seen this policy. Have you? So far everything you have linked me are duds. Try again please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I bet most of the people bitching about this, at minimum look sideways at Muslim on a plane or at worst assume they're terrorists.....even though child rape is 1000 times more common than terrorist attacks.

- - - Updated - - -
    So true. Really thick hypocrisy. Fine with one but not the other.

It is extremely suspicious, I'm sorry that you disagree, but I would call out someone like that if I noticed it in a heartbeat, regardless of gender.
    I guess you've never sleeper with your parents or siblings on vacation.

Oh no. You'd be the asshole calling the cops because me and my brother shared or bed. Or maybe we were fighting and that's why my dad and I are in the same room.

Wow. So many non pedophile answers once you take off your "All men are rapists/pedophiles" blinders off.

No, I've never been to prison.
    Then sorry, but the only cases of women smuggling grenades in their vaginas and that creating a security risk I've ever heard of is them helping out break people out of prison. So if you've had the inside of your vagina checked for grenades elsewhere, then you just gave an example of meaningless search at the cost of your privacy.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It is extremely suspicious, I'm sorry that you disagree, but I would call out someone like that if I noticed it in a heartbeat, regardless of gender.
    Why? Are the majority of parents traveling with their children probably molesting their children?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how what I initially addressed was you complained about others "denying" this riveting evidence of yours and mentioned how that behavior does nothing for their point and not your right to have an opinion, base it on whatever you please and do whatever you want, I dunno, you tell me.
    I never complained about anyone "denying" my opinion. It is an opinion, nothing more. My issue was with people claiming that what I was saying was factual evidence. I wasn't trying to prove a point, I was demonstrating my opinion. Very big difference. I am not interested in changing my opinion unless someone has evidence against my opinion, which no one has been able to present, at all. If people want to change my opinion, I require hard facts with generally unbias sources, just like everything else that I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Are the majority of parents traveling with their children probably molesting their children?
    If they are sleeping in the same bed with their teenage child, it could be quite possible and well worth the risk of launching an investigation.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Asking someone to prove parent-child relations is very different from accusing someone of pedophilia.
    If someone asked me to prove my daughter was mine, I'd tell them to get fucked. Also, 13 =/= "pedophilia".

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's an electronic world today, and you are telling me parents don't keep a copy of their childs' birth certs and important document(s) in their smartphones?
    No parent in their right mind should keep the personal information of their children on a device that's easily lost or stolen. That's pretty basic stupidity.

I mean, if someone "called me out" because I was out with my daughter somewhere, they'd get told off, if not knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No, it doesn't. But I am intrigued as to how you reached this conclusion.
    Yes it does, because he is being assumed to be guilty simply for traveling with his own child. Was the child asking for help or scared of the man? Did the man carry the child into the room with a gag in her mouth to kep her quiet? No to all?

Oh, so it was just a man traveling with his daughter, and that was suspicious? Sounds like more a stigma than anything concrete.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Then sorry, but the only cases of women smuggling grenades in their vaginas and that creating a security risk I've ever heard of is them helping out break people out of prison. So if you've had the inside of your vagina checked for grenades elsewhere, then you just gave an example of meaningless search at the cost of your privacy.
    I have been frisked for weapons before because I associate with bikers, and yes, it involved checking there. Granted, they were female cops, but it did happen for a lot of people for a very long while.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    They called the police based on "safety concerns". That, to me, means that the child may be in danger, because he is not under his parents supervision.
    And since the above post was sarcastic and they didn't call the police through alone, they expressed those thoughts through language, turning them into more than thoughts. In case of making a report to the police, allegations.

I never complained about anyone "denying" my opinion. It is an opinion, nothing more. My issue was with people claiming that what I was saying was factual evidence. I wasn't trying to prove a point, I was demonstrating my opinion. Very big difference. I am not interested in changing my opinion unless someone has evidence against my opinion, which no one has been able to present, at all. If people want to change my opinion, I require hard facts with generally unbias sources, just like everything else that I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

If they are sleeping in the same bed with their teenage child, it could be quite possible and well worth the risk of launching an investigation.
    Or until your position justifies racial profiling. Then you run hard.

Why? Does that always end up with molestation? I'd say probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So true. Really thick hypocrisy. Fine with one but not the other.
    Except the people arguing against Bodokane used profiling of Muslims and how its wrong as an argument multiple times. Bodokane talked out of his ass. And so did you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I mean, if someone "called me out" because I was out with my daughter somewhere, they'd get told off, if not knocked out.
    Don't misrepresent, we are talking about sleeping in the same bed as your teenage child, very different scenario than what you are posing. If you actively slept with children in the same bed, I would definitely report you to authorities, that would be the common reaction to such a realization, or so I would assume.
    ~~ ~~

Safety from what?
    It is not stated in the article, but if I have to assume, I'd say probably safety of the child in their hotel without a parent to watch for.