Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    That's because Theresa May is a major misogynist herself.
    Do you have any evidence of that?

She's firmly against female reproductive rights and a raving zealot to boot.
    Calling for a reduction in the abortion term limit from 24 to 20 weeks is hardly zealotry.

She's an ultra-conservative man in a dress.
    She is on the left wing of the Tory party. If she is an ultra-conservative, then where the hell does that put the right wing of the Tories, like Jacob Rees-Mogg? Super-mega-ultra-conservative?

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Just so we are clear that it comes from both sides, as your comment made it sound like it just came from one.
    Krazy and other such people like to pretend their side is perfect. That's why there's no allusion to the 2017 model phrase. Blooh blooh Trumpist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Do you have any evidence of that?

Calling for a reduction in the abortion term limit from 24 to 20 weeks is hardly zealotry.

She is on the left wing of the Tory party. If she is an ultra-conservative, then where the hell does that put the right wing of the Tories, like Jacob Rees-Mogg? Super-mega-ultra-conservative?
    Arise, Conservative! Arise!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I mean all the Women that voted against Trump because he was a dude, would you call that Misandry?
    If they voted against him because he's a male, yes. If they voted against him, because he's a misogynist asshole, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Arise, Conservative! Arise!
    This is Jacob Rees-Mogg...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This is Jacob Rees-Mogg...

Super conservative I could see. Super Mega Ultra? Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Because in logical discourse the person who makes the claim has to provide the evidence.
    I see you missed the point. It is you making a claim and I am saying no ... your claim has no substance. So why should I give substance when you refused to?

This FYI, is a claim

"Of course misogyny played a role, any half awake person could tell you this, it's not a revelation to anyone. From this, the implication of bringing it up is that it played a significant role, which, frankly, is unsubstantiated horseshit."

I responded in kind.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I tried: I caucused for Bernie.

Anyway, my point was about the bigger picture, not about whether specific candidates win or lose. Hillary lost because enough people don't like her, but if in 10 years, women are still only 20% of the legislature, we have to ask ourselves why. Are most of the women who run for office just unlikeable? Are women only about 20% of candidates to begin with? Or do we need to look at the way we view women in our society?

Like I said, I think it's likely that this will self-correct in a generation or so.
    same reason most of the special forces will always be men. same reason you wont see a co-ed nfl team. i love that millenials call this inequality roflmao

damn feminists.. why cant i lactate? so inequal!

Of course she'd blame the boogyman for it lol

This reminds me of that study someone posted not long ago, that indicated that Trump would have done better as a women, and Hillary would have done worse as a man.

I bet that significantly more people supported Hilary just because she was a woman than the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-2016-election

The core of identity politics. It's never your fault, it's always your opponents who are bigots. Trumps re-election is almost certain since the democrats have chosen not to correct their course.

you may read what she said on her statement tho. it wasnt a full blame, more of an assessment that some things may have played a role on that election
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, that would probably be an easy win.
    It's a tad sad though. A charismatic person wins over a competent one, any day.
    Here's the thing. I don't believe Hillary is competent at all. I also believe she's very corrupt and would endanger the US if she was president. That's why I support Trump. Not because I'm a fan of Trump, simply because I'm on the anyone but Hillary train.

I'm curious how many people voted for her for no reason other than the fact she was a woman. You know, woo empower feminists and such

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    I'm curious how many people voted for her for no reason other than the fact she was a woman. You know, woo empower feminists and such
    About the same number as people who voted for Obama because he is black I would guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    same reason most of the special forces will always be men. same reason you wont see a co-ed nfl team. i love that millenials call this inequality roflmao

damn feminists.. why cant i lactate? so inequal!
    Are you saying women aren't qualified to politicians?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I am so sick of this shit: if I didn't want to vote for Hillary, then CLEARLY it's simply because I have a problem with the idea of a female president. Of course, by that same logic, I must think that all Latinos are unfunny and terrible comedians, since I hate Carlos Mencia.
    *Ned Holness
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

ITT a bunch of guys explain how misogyny played no role in the election.

Personally, I asked my dad why he didn't want to vote for Hillary, and he informed me that it isn't that she's a woman, but just that he hated her. He's hated her for 20 years, ever since she was such a "shrew" while First Lady. Huh.

I asked my aunt why she hated Hillary, and she said that she could never respect Hillary after Hillary forgave Bill for cheating on her.
    My aunt went on to vote for the thrice-married pussy grabber.

Misogyny definitely didn't play a role in their votes, they told me so themselves.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Here's the thing. I don't believe Hillary is competent at all. I also believe she's very corrupt and would endanger the US if she was president. That's why I support Trump. Not because I'm a fan of Trump, simply because I'm on the anyone but Hillary train.
    Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to say she was just that people tend to care more about charisma than actual experience or skill.

Now, I'd say that pretty much anyone would make a better president than Trump but thats beside the point.

Pretty insightful comments from Clinton.

It was OBVIOUSLY a factor, there were both men and women voters who were openly stating in interviews that they would never vote for a woman because they believed a woman's place is in the home/women are poor leaders/etc. Not all of them were old people...

You can argue whether it was a large or small factor but it was clearly a factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    /rolls eyes so far into the back of my head that they do a complete 180 degree turn
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    "I am a woman, woe is me"

honestly, this narrative isn't holding up anymore. I am yet to meet or find a real experience of a misogynist, there probably is like one or two out there but they are more rare than the elusive easter bunny.