Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I already stated that I very likely have reported more women in this instance than anything else, this is mostly because that I am a woman, and am therefore a bit more critical of other women.
    So you also suffer from internalized misogyny? It's a plague, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    WHich makes this situation even more wonky. Merely showing up to share a room isnt enough, especially if the girl isnt giving off signs of discomfort.

I've shared the bed with my dad a few times when traveling. No harm done, and I can still have healthy relationships
    But what if he didn't plan on getting a rollout bed, but on fucking her so hard everyone would hear it through walls? What if?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A know a double room is for two people, but depending on the hotel, it may contain a double bed or two singles. My guess is that when you list one occupant as a child, it's assuming, even if it's one double bed (which will fit 2 people), it's a young child. A 13 year old is considered an adult in that situation.
    It is usual, at least in the UK, that a room with a double bed is called a double whereas a room with two beds is called a twin. In fairness I don't think many know of this distinction and would therefore assume that a double, especially when booking for an adult and a child, would imply two beds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It seems to be true more often than not. My ex, in a mood because I wouldn't give her extra money, once asked my daughter if I'd ever been "inappropriate" with her. My daughter looked at her and said, "Well, that explains the divorce."
    Your daughter is hilarious. Shit, am I going to be reported now? Bunker protocol initiated.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-04-07 at 09:36 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    And it's not the fault of someone you falsely accuse of something when they knock you out or sue you for being nosey. Also, none of those laws or codes apply to this scenario.
    Like I said, I've never had an issue before and I've done it several times.

No, it wasn't. And had it been me, I'd be suing the hotel. And I'd win.
    Again, never been the case for me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeha, a daughter with a close relationship with her dad ain't going to put up with shit from anyone, mom included.

source: I am a daughter with a close relationship with my dad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    Fair enough, your prejudice has no gender bias. Were you molested or severely neglected as a child? Because you have a very grim and distorted view of parenthood if you think any parent sharing a room with their children on a vacation trip is not only a possible pedophile that should be investigated by the police for their traveling accommodation but also a possible neglecting parent that should be investigated by the social services. Do you realize how absurd this sounds and how more absurd it sounds that you are pretending it is a protocol?! Of what? Your prejudices?
    I'm sorry, but aside from the very personal question, the rest of your response makes very little sense to me. I obviously don't view my own actions as absurd when I back them up and believe in them (as well as seen the results of them, as well).
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In fairness to him, I had a quick look at the hotel's booking page and if you select one adult and one child it suggests one double room. It would not have been unreasonable for him to assume that the bed could either be separated in to two singles or that there was some kind sofa bed in the room. It appears to have been a misunderstanding that was quickly sorted out.
    Which is extremely odd because from my experiences the avg non-suite rooms are either 1 queen bed or 2 double beds, one double room would come off as 1 room with 2 double beds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but aside from the very personal question, the rest of your response makes very little sense to me. I obviously don't view my own actions as absurd when I back them up and believe in them (as well as seen the results of them, as well).
    Whether an action is absurd or not should never depend on yourself. Otherwise, a lot of actually absurd opinions wouldn't be absurd, because people honestly believe in them and back them up. California being different doesn't really translate to other states or countries, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Which is extremely odd because from my experiences the avg non-suite rooms are either 1 queen bed or 2 double beds, one double room would come off as 1 room with 2 double beds.
    Will back this up. In every hotel I've stayed at, double meant 2 beds (of twin or double size). single bed rooms were either Kings or Queens (even in simple motels).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Which you haven't provided so far. At least of any relevance to this case.
    I already linked CPS documents on it, go back as veiw them at your leisure.

From what you've been reading, from what you've wanted to read. What's the difference, lel.
    Proof is a difficult thing for you to come by, or is this more personal for you or something? Like I said, I just do as instructed by what has happened to me.

Apparently not much difference between "evidence" and "horseshit" either. Don't take risk of existing around prejudiced people that butt themselves where they don't belong! Splendid advice.
    I'd still like to be pointed out exactly where this "prejudice" you keep spouting off is. All I do is what happened to me, nothing more nothing less. I may change if someone can provide at least a single scrap of evidence in opposition, but all I get are "opinions" like yours, which have no value greater than my own. However, without any sort of proof (or even a proper counter-claim), I have no choice but to continue doing what I do, as it is the most logical outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether an action is absurd or not should never depend on yourself. Otherwise, a lot of actually absurd opinions wouldn't be absurd, because people honestly believe in them and back them up. California being different doesn't really translate to other states or countries, too.
    That's what I was explaining, though. Which I've stated many times across this thread, that where I'm from, it is very much legit and proper to report such things. It is likely different in the UK, but it could and may be similar, which is why I'm not faulting the staff for their action in regards to reporting.

- - - Updated - - -

yeha, a daughter with a close relationship with her dad ain't going to put up with shit from anyone, mom included.

Well, you're fortunate to have such a relationship, but assuming that others have this relationship is just as bad as assuming that someone has a volatile relationship with a parent.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account

Proof is a difficult thing for you to come by, or is this more personal for you or something? Like I said, I just do as instructed by what has happened to me.

I'd still like to be pointed out exactly where this "prejudice" you keep spouting off is. All I do is what happened to me, nothing more nothing less. I may change if someone can provide at least a single scrap of evidence in opposition, but all I get are "opinions" like yours, which have no value greater than my own. However, without any sort of proof (or even a proper counter-claim), I have no choice but to continue doing what I do, as it is the most logical outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was explaining, though. Which I've stated many times across this thread, that where I'm from, it is very much legit and proper to report such things. It is likely different in the UK, but it could and may be similar, which is why I'm not faulting the staff for their action in regards to reporting.
    Well then maybe do it while you're in Cali, but Ive already linked something saying its different in Texas. SO, ify you're traveling outside Cali, you probably should just not bother unless you see multiple facotrs involved.

and anyways, what you linked had nothing to do with the situation. Im pretty sure California isnt nuts enough to punish a dad for sleeping in the same room . bed as a daughter temporarily. Especially given the single bedroom was all that was left.

Deleted

I.. Is he a pedophile? D.. do you need h-help?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well then maybe do it while you're in Cali, but Ive already linked something saying its different in Texas. SO, ify you're traveling outside Cali, you probably should just not bother unless you see multiple facotrs involved.

and anyways, what you linked had nothing to do with the situation. Im pretty sure California isnt nuts enough to punish a dad for sleeping in the same room . bed as a daughter temporarily. Especially given the single bedroom was all that was left.
    I don't live in California, however they are very similar to places that I have lived, which is several states in the US, all of them having this concept of bedsharing.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't live in California, however they are very similar to places that I have lived, which is several states in the US, all of them having this concept of bedsharing.
    Be interested in seeing which. The states I'm familiar with didn't have that, and generally disregarded bedsharing as a sign of abuse. Texas explicitly states poverty is nout enough to count as child abuse, and bed sharing falls under that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Be interested in seeing which. The states I'm familiar with didn't have that, and generally disregarded bedsharing as a sign of abuse. Texas explicitly states poverty is nout enough to count as child abuse, and bed sharing falls under that.
    Specifically: Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maine, South Carolina, North Carolina, and DC (which pretty much has it's own rules as it's own state on the matter.)

Also, all of these states have rules for bedsharing with disabled children, no matter their age.

- - - Updated - - -

I've honestly never heard of this unless it's in regards to permanent living conditions (in the home). In hotels, though? Not any I've stayed at, and no where I've lived has it been frowned upon.
    This was home. People were deviating from the topic and it was taken into bedsharing in the homes according to ability to pay, and it derailed from there.

Places where I lived, and live, it is relatively serious. Especially with social workers. Speaking of which, my daughter almost lost her daughter (2 at the time) for not having a bed for her and using a laundry basket to CPS.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Specifically: Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maine, South Carolina, North Carolina, and DC (which pretty much has it's own rules as it's own state on the matter.)

Also, all of these states have rules for bedsharing with disabled children, no matter their age.
    Washington, Texas, and another country (Belize) seem to do it differently.

which all I get from this is, probably keep your nose out of other peoples business if you're only judging based on a single factor. and the laws you state having nothing to do with this situation anyways. No sate, including the ones you listed, are that nutty to punish for temporary hotel stays

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you're fortunate to have such a relationship, but assuming that others have this relationship is just as bad as assuming that someone has a volatile relationship with a parent.
    Sure, but you probably shouldnt make judgements based on the worst case scenario either without evidense. its often wrong

Yes, California's CPS guildelines are of extreme importance to Surrey, England. Why, it's merely yesterday that I've read about annexation of England by California.

Did you reply to a wrong post or something? Because the context of what I quoted there was my joke that you morphed into a scapegoat for some inexplicable reason. Hence my response.

So your personal experiences justify any and all meddling of yours? Fascinating. Do tell me more. Overall, same question as above though. This does not read as something abiding by the context of what you replied to. What exactly is the evidence that unless there's evidence of abuse it's not the business of strangers to meddle with affairs of parents supposed to look like?

Actually, I've got an idea. Let's try the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
    “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honor and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.”
    And interference based on just "what happened to you, nothing more nothing less" is arbitrary as hell.

I dunno about you, but given that I don't give a damn about your opinion whatsoever, I'll roll with one of the most important legal acts in human history on this one.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-04-07 at 10:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but you probably shouldnt make judgements based on the worst case scenario either without evidense. its often wrong
    To me, that is enough evidence to at least call in concern. It is relatively common here.
    ~~ ~~

But not as bad as reporting them based on the latter assumption!

My cousin Frank slept in the same bed as his parents until he was 21. He became Francine back in '76. Then he joined that cult. I think his name is Mother Shabubu now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I see. I can agree that a child in a home that doesn't have a bed for themselves, may raise concerns with CPS, depending on the age, and again, if it's a permanent solution. I'm unsure about how sharing a bed with a parent is addressed, though.
    Well, that was the point I was presenting. People were accusing me of things, when I was pointing out that an actual bed, for the child, was a literal requirement... and people really just weren't understanding it. :|
    ~~ ~~