Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Two things:

Be informed.
    Be rational.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The first thing you need to do is get off your dead ass and start doing something. Get networked and start running for office.

Or you can become an international internet sensation and cash in all your fame for your message. That could work too. Actually scratch that won't work. Just get rich. That will make your world a whole lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we obviously need more cheerleaders.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    A few conveniences don't make for a better world...
    Yes, actually they do make for a better world. And we're talking about more than just convenience. The internet is literally capable of saving lives.

Online dating is a joke, get out and get a life, learn to actually socialize.
    I met my wife in real life. I personally never found online dating useful, but some people do. Online dating is not a joke and it doesn't necessarily mean people are incapable of socializing. Just because it's different than what you're used to doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

I get it, you live on the net, its all you know. If you'd have experienced a real life before all of this you would understand my point. Its nice to get outside and go down to the bank and talk to real people. Its nice to have to pack up a console and go sleepover at a buddys place for gaming. Its nice to occupy yourself with physical tangible things because you don't have the internet to sit in front of and entertain you.
    You're talking to me like I wasn't alive before the internet. I was. Granted I was pretty young, but still. It's not like I live in the internet or I'm incapable of socializing. It's not like I don't enjoy a walk outside or a nice bike ride.

Why would you need an instructional video? Take some initiative and learn for yourself.
    That's exactly what watching an instructional video is. Learning for yourself. Why the fuck should I have to spend hours trying to find someone who knows something about my refrigerator so I can figure out how to remove the drip tray to clean it off? No thanks. I'll look that shit up on the internet. Your alternative of finding someone who knows how to do it is a complete fucking waste of time and provides no benefit whatsoever compared to just quickly doing a youtube video search.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing you can do. The vast majority of people don't care. Short of some sort of world wide event that causes people to "wake up", it's just going to get worse until we just bomb ourselves out of existence or blow the planet up. I give humanity 50 years max before it's all over. That may be a high estimate. Things are just going to keep getting worse from this point forward, get used to it.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-04-07 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    We're still making progress in the world, it's not quite so dire as the internet makes it seem.
    Yep, it was alot more dire 100+ years ago. Disease was a nightmare. Ugh we have it so good really.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I am tired of all the hate, fear, stupidity, and meaness! Humans are suffering and we are calling each other "cucks". The private prison industry is preying on impoverished minority communities. We must build more schools! Not prisons! We must fight gang culture as well as all anti intellectualism! I find it an affront to Western civilization that our most vulnerable citizens can't access clean water.

Have we stopped dreaming? Have we stopped caring about a better future? How can idealists and futurists regain the initiative from the demagogues.

You can do nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Have to get rid of superstition, money and labor.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-04-07 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Launch the nukes.

Let whoever (or whatever) survives figure it out.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    all our fancy technology, and the world's still in a constant state of conflict like it has been since the dawn of man. dress us up how you like, we're still savages in the end willing to kill over ideology, greed, or power.
    Stop being silly. Europe, for example, has had 70 years of peace. Billions of people who had nothing to do with killing.

And actually, stop being insulting. I, myself, am not a killer, or an overly greedy person, nor any wish for power. Your idea that I should die in a nuclear exchange is incredibly offensive.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a massive waste of everyone's time, if they didn't have the internet to come sit on and fight their armchair battles, they could actually do something useful in the real world, or could sit at home and watch tv and not bother anyone else.
    It is not a massive waste of my time. It has been incredibly educational and helpful in my studies and I am extremely grateful that physicists came up with this thing.

FYI, armchair battles don't even make up 1% of internet content. Do you live on MMO Champion and think that's what the internet is?

Nothing.

I strongly believe that ultimately we are 100% destined to be doomed.

We are greedy, destructive and by large egocentric beings. We love death and destruction too much, we evolved to be the rulers of this world not through peaceful actions. We will eventually destroy ourselves, and it's not going to take that much longer either.

Until then, enjoy your stay here and don't be a dick to other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Why would you need an instructional video? Take some initiative and learn for yourself. Go around, ask someone who knows to physically show you. Yeah, exhausting right? way easier from a chair. That is the downfall of our society, to much convenience, too much time on peoples hands to worry about others business. No meaning in your own life, must get involved
    Jesus, I'm not going to learn by myself things like, for example, the evolution of the universe. Nor am I going to easily find a cosmologist in my town who'll tell me just like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Launch the nukes.

Let whoever (or whatever) survives figure it out.
    You people really are crazy.

Everybody wants to change the world, nobody wants to change themselves. Start small. Love your family, love your neighbors, and most importantly, love your enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Jesus, I'm not going to learn by myself things like, for example, the evolution of the universe. Nor am I going to easily find a cosmologist in my town who'll tell me just like that.
    Perhaps try some meditation. All the answers you seek are within.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Stop posting on forums and take action.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Nothing.

I strongly believe that ultimately we are 100% destined to be doomed.

We are greedy, destructive and by large egocentric beings. We love death and destruction too much, we evolved to be the rulers of this world not through peaceful actions. We will eventually destroy ourselves, and it's not going to take that much longer either.

Until then, enjoy your stay here and don't be a dick to other people.
    Yep, that's what I've been staying. I don't have a personal stake in what happens here, so I'm just basically enjoying the ride while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Stop being silly. Europe, for example, has had 70 years of peace. Billions of people who had nothing to do with killing.
    You list yourself as being from Croatia which was in a 4 year long war for independence 1991-1995, and this is just 1 of ~30 armed conflicts in Europe since the 90's.
    Not really a continent at peace if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hide and write.

It's so awesome to just disconnect from the insanity out there once in a while.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

We are in times of stagnation, the best solution is to be entrepreneurial and start innovating or making new businesses.

The world is getting better all the time. Just think of all those biblical diseases cured with antibiotics, cholera typhoid, plague, etc. Slavery is almost abolished, We haven't had a real war since 1945.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I am pretty happy with my life, and I'm excited by how rapidly science and technology are developing. Toxic edgelords on the Internet hardly affect anything; in our world this is the kind of thing happening:

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.