Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did they stealth nerf sentinax farming?

the gates only last for 1-2 waves of mobs and the beacon drop rate appears to be pretty low
    is it just us being unlucky?

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really stealth.
    This change appeared right after last sentinax related hotfix implementation.
    Blizzard are clearly wanting to shift players focus to killing rares and sentinax end bosses instead of grinding the fuck out of portals.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    i noticed the waves being much less too, im still wondering if they are going to uncap the tagging of the mobs. Its getting really annoying to open up a portal and not be able to actually get credit for anything that comes out of my own portal bc a frost mage is spamming blizzard or a shaman drops earthquake oir w/e its called on it...

10+ Year Old Account
    ye thats my main concern too of sentinax, retards dropping aoe at portals and instant tagging without actually killing em
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

too bad they nerfed every possible way to farm nethershards
    although i didnt get any legendary from the relinquished tokens but at least it felt rewarding farming them <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they still want everyone to farm, they just want it to take much longer. Carrot on a stick keeps you playing.

How can they keep everyone subbed if you farm a full set of gear in less than a week that allows you to complete most current content?

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    too bad they nerfed every possible way to farm nethershards
    although i didnt get any legendary from the relinquished tokens but at least it felt rewarding farming them <_<
    That can't be right. Gradually working toward a goal isn't fun. You can only have fun and excitement if you get loot from RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    Not really stealth.
    Blizzard are clearly wanting to shift players focus to killing rares and sentinax end bosses instead of grinding the fuck out of portals.
    It's not documented in the Hotfixes or patch notes nor did they make a blog post about it so yes, it's a stealth nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    It's not documented in the Hotfixes or patch notes nor did they make a blog post about it so yes, it's a stealth nerf
    No they did document it I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    No they did document it I'm pretty sure.
    No they didn't, they documented other changes, but not this. It was a stealth nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really stealth.
    How is it not a stealth nerf? They changed things, and documented them, then snuck this along side them and did not document them.

It's clearly a stealth nerf.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It's clearly a stealth nerf.
    Well, it was implied in their posts. They are conducted their intent with shards very clearly.
    But yeah, you can call it stealth.
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

No they didn't, they documented other changes, but not this. It was a stealth nerf..
    Are you sure this isn't a result of the fact that rare elites now drop less portals? You never have gotten very many portals from the portal enemies and you'd get like 5 or 6 of one type per rare elite. They did say that "Portal beacons will be more scarce" and portal beacons extended the duration of the portals that were active.

Before, I would see "Has extended the duration of portals" once every few seconds and now I don't. Or maybe this is the result of players learning what portals go to which locations. Also before, people would just spam whatever beacon they had even if it went to extending the portal that their neighbors were already farming. People would be extending the "wrong" portals simply because they didn't realize only certain portals go to specific locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Are you sure this isn't a result of the fact that rare elites now drop less portals? You never have gotten very many portals from the portal enemies and you'd get like 5 or 6 of one type per rare elite. They did say that "Portal beacons will be more scarce" and portal beacons extended the duration of the portals that were active.

Before, I would see "Has extended the duration of portals" once every few seconds and now I don't. Or maybe this is the result of players learning what portals go to which locations. Also before, people would just spam whatever beacon they had even if it went to extending the portal that their neighbors were already farming. People would be extending the "wrong" portals simply because they didn't realize only certain portals go to specific locations.
    No, pre-extension they lasted 5 waves. Now they last 2. It's very simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taus View Post
    Where in that, do you think it explains this nerf? Which line?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it was implied in their posts. They are conducted their intent with shards very clearly.
    But yeah, you can call it stealth.
    They made a change, and they did not annoucne there change, making it by default, a stealth nerf.
    How can you debate that?

7+ Year Old Account
    They made a change, and they did not annoucne there change, making it by default, a stealth nerf.
    How can you debate that?
    I am not, I just admitted that I was wrong.
    Blizzard does this all the time now. Their list of undocumented changes is more lengthy than patchnotes.
    At least this time they explained their motive.

I am not, I just admitted that I was wrong.
    Blizzard does this all the time now. Their list of undocumented changes is more lengthy than patchnotes.
    At least this time they explained their motive.
    I don't mind the nerf too much, it's a shame. I just don't look at how many nethershards I'm getting while I farm, cause I like to spend 2hrs and then get a nice suprise when I see 25k-30k all ready to spend after. I spent 30minutes farming, before someone in my grp noticed, and it was like, well this is shit. I have 2k shards when I should have like 5-7k.

Greater beacons hardly ever drop now. Portals don't last long at all. Was able to farm 10k shards an hour a few days ago. Can barely hit 2k an hour now. The Lieutenant still drops hardly any shards yet they said the buffed it. The LT should drop 1k minimum. Even then the old Sentinax farm would still be more efficient. I don't understand where Blizzard is trying to take 7.2. They are all over the place with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taus View Post
    Please quote where they said that beacon drops and neither shards from normal sentinax enemies are significantly lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Greater beacons hardly ever drop now. Portals don't last long at all. Was able to farm 10k shards an hour a few days ago. Can barely hit 2k an hour now. The Lieutenant still drops hardly any shards yet they said the buffed it. The LT should drop 1k minimum. Even then the old Sentinax farm would still be more efficient. I don't understand where Blizzard is trying to take 7.2. They are all over the place with these changes.
    "Sentinax Lieutenants now drop many more Nethershards when slain."

They said this, and yet it went from 200 dropping, to 300 dropping. "Many more" my ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the nerf too much, it's a shame. I just don't look at how many nethershards I'm getting while I farm, cause I like to spend 2hrs and then get a nice suprise when I see 25k-30k all ready to spend after. I spent 30minutes farming, before someone in my grp noticed, and it was like, well this is shit. I have 2k shards when I should have like 5-7k.
    Yeah, felt the same way. These sort of mob grinds were always great to do, listening to podcast\interview or something. Or when you have like 30-40min window and don't feel like doing anything else. But apparently Blizzard want to have more control over what players do, when they do it and how.
    I guess they were just scared adding "another grind" into the game and feared the community backlash. Unfortunately, they failed to distinguish this mob grind (which is fine as long as you set up reasonable reward systems) with overall AP\TF\Legendary grinds (which IMO is not okay by any stretch of imagination ).
    So we have another ruined system now.