Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Grimoire of Supremacy shouldn't be a Demonology talent in its current form.

It makes no sense to give us a special pet only to have a talent that replaces him...

I think it should be a grimoire that empowers our call doomguard/infernal instead of making them permanent. (And they could let us summon some new demons from Legion with it)
    Well, good luck doing the challenge skin scenario without grimoire of supremacy since Blizzard didn't clearly think of the one class and spec that has no baseline interrupts or snares to speak of when they designed the damn encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Well, good luck doing the challenge skin scenario without grimoire of supremacy since Blizzard didn't clearly think of the one class and spec that has no baseline interrupts or snares to speak of when they designed the damn encounter.
    I'm fairly sure they had grimoire of supremacy in mind when they put demo in that group. Although I do agree supremacy makes no sense as a demo talent in the first place.

Supremacy should increase duration to 1min30sec instead of making them permanent so we can keep the felguard at the same time.
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2017-04-07 at 11:25 PM.

Demo needs single target buffs anyways, it's ridiculous that a frost mage is putting out more ST, cleave, and aoe than the spec who can only do ST well and yet doesn't sit up there with assassination or affliction for ST.

Grimoire of Supremacy shouldn't be a Demonology talent in its current form.

It makes no sense to give us a special pet only to have a talent that replaces him...

I think it should be a grimoire that empowers our call doomguard/infernal instead of making them permanent. (And they could let us summon some new demons from Legion with it)
    Yes, u re right. The main issue is that having the 3 grimoires into the same lane makes them 100% impossible to balance.

Just think about it. If it would be a grimoire that empowers doomguard/infernal, it still will compete with grimoire of service. One of both will be better in all situations, just like now.
    Last edited by Shandalar; 2017-04-08 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Yes, u re right. The main issue is that having the 3 grimoires into the same lane makes them 100% impossible to balance.

Just think about it. If it would be a grimoire that empowers doomguard/infernal, it still will compete with grimoire of service. One of both will be better in all situations, just like now.
    Well empowered infernal would be stronger for aoe. Empowered doomguard would be stronger for burst phase than say grimoire of service. Grimoire of service would be better overall than synergy and synergy would be the "don't think about it" talent.

Homophobia is so gay.

Well empowered infernal would be stronger for aoe. Empowered doomguard would be stronger for burst phase than say grimoire of service. Grimoire of service would be better overall than synergy and synergy would be the "don't think about it" talent.
    At the moment the difference in power is not that much and I'm sure it wouldn't take much to tweak them to be really close to each other so the choice comes down to what gameplay style people love.
    Synergy was nerfed too much and Supremacy needs either a rework or a small buff since it removes our only dps CD.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    At the moment the difference in power is not that much and I'm sure it wouldn't take much to tweak them to be really close to each other so the choice comes down to what gameplay style people love.
    Synergy was nerfed too much and Supremacy needs either a rework or a small buff since it removes our only dps CD.
    that's exactly what i was saying 2 posts before i suggested supremacy to buff our doomguard/infernal without making them permanent pet.

Homophobia is so gay.

Seems that Im doing more dps on dummy with SC than with DB, what do you think about it? (with the 4th gold trait)

SC has more variance so you could just be running into lucky parses. Which is why affliction top parses show SC instead of effigy but on average effigy parses higher.

SC also is hurt much less by movement than DB is and becomes stronger the more targets there are whereas DB doesn't really scale up beyond a single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Seems that Im doing more dps on dummy with SC than with DB, what do you think about it? (with the 4th gold trait)
    Do you have recurrent ritual? Also I want to know what is a good haste point to start trying demo in raids. I currently run affliction. I took a 4+ year break from the game. Demo and destro weren't the same back then. I normally top the meters as affliction so I don't want to disappoint anyone. I got very lucky and got recurrent ritual as my first demo legiondary. With the haste gear I've gathered I'm sitting at 27% haste 54% mastery and about 20%crit. We are progressing on heroic gul'dan if that matters to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

That is no buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin View Post
    Do you have recurrent ritual? Also I want to know what is a good haste point to start trying demo in raids. I currently run affliction. I took a 4+ year break from the game. Demo and destro weren't the same back then. I normally top the meters as affliction so I don't want to disappoint anyone. I got very lucky and got recurrent ritual as my first demo legiondary. With the haste gear I've gathered I'm sitting at 27% haste 54% mastery and about 20%crit. We are progressing on heroic gul'dan if that matters to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

That is no buffs.
    I havent, I ve the wonderful boots and Wilfreds. With Wilfreds may be interestant, because more imps = less doomguard cd.

No less than 30% IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That is no buffs.
    Demo will not be competing with affliction on anything. It is objectively inferior on aoe, cleave, and ST. If you're playing it, hopefully it's because you find it fun.

Haste at 30%+ makes the spec better. If you want to push thal kiel consumption with 10 imps+doomguard+grimserv felguard+ dreadstalkers, you'll need 40%+ haste to do it more reliably when Whispers in the Dark trinket doesn't proc at the right time.

You will do lesser numbers than affliction, not just because affliction simply has flat out better damage, but demo is a much less forgiving spec, both in mechanical execution and in terms of how much movement hurts you by comparison.

I think aff is going to take a huge hit when t20 is the norm. Aff is really op right due in part by the set bonuses and the increased uptime on reap. Losing the 10% dmg on ua and the increased shard gen from from t19. Aff won't be what it is now. I'm not saying it will be bad. I'm saying there will be better options. In demo especially if you have recurrent ritual. I find the game fun. I swore off raiding after being in a hardcore raiding guild in tbc. (We were top 3 on my server). But now I'm back nowhere near hardcore but there is still a part of me that wants to be the best. I know that will never happen as far as world firsts go but there are other locks in the guild and I like destroying them in dps. Call me petty I'll always be a competitive person.
    Last edited by Beatin; 2017-04-09 at 12:12 AM.

T20 won't change that much. You're still tunneling drain soul MG for the t20.

Demo is also losing extended dreadstalkers.

As affliction you're swimming in shards anyways, even without t20 thanks to soul effigy.

As affliction you're swimming in shards anyways, even without t20 thanks to soul effigy.
    I don't know how much you've played with se but it's a terrible talent. I generally run Sc Because the Qol. Not to mention tich where you have to recast it making it a dps loss. That said you won't be swimming in shards with t20 and you lose the 10% dmg to ua. Right now ua is between 40~60% of my dmg. Depending on the fight. I know aff will still be be stronger on some fights. But I'm trying to do the best for my guild. So that's why I'm here.

Well you get a chance to have dreastalkers cd reset completely + insta demons buff when using dreadstalkers which means more pets, less time casting the buff which means more time casting demonbolt/shadowbolt which means more souls which means more pets.

- - - Updated - - -

and then to all of that you add TKA.

Homophobia is so gay.

Why are we talking here as if affliction also didn't get worthwhile set bonuses? Come tomb, affliction will still be better aoe, better cleave, and more importantly betetr damage with any semblance of movement or mechanics if Nighthold and Helya was anything to go by.

Even assuming demo closes the gap in ST, it's basically a turret version of affliction with none of the flexibility.

Demo should be the undisputed ST warlock spec, and one of the highest ST specs in the game given the ramp up and complete lack of burst/target switching capacity alongside its mediocre aoe. Affliction shouldn't be close.

Why are we talking here as if affliction also didn't get worthwhile set bonuses? Come tomb, affliction will still be better aoe, better cleave, and more importantly betetr damage with any semblance of movement or mechanics if Nighthold and Helya was anything to go by.

Even assuming demo closes the gap in ST, it's basically a turret version of affliction with none of the flexibility.

Demo should be the undisputed ST warlock spec, and one of the highest ST specs in the game given the ramp up and complete lack of burst/target switching capacity alongside its mediocre aoe. Affliction shouldn't be close.
    I honestly agree with you.

Affliction better with movement? Are u serious?