Deleted

Legendaries and loot spec

Hi,

does anybody already have all legs for his mainspec? If yes, what happens afterwards -> You get nothing? You get the craftable? You get legs for your other specs, even if not activated as lootspec? Has Blizz made a statement about this?

Someone posted a GM response to this question somewhere recently. The GM said that no further legendaries would drop in a spec if you had collected all legendaries available for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Someone posted a GM response to this question somewhere recently. The GM said that no further legendaries would drop in a spec if you had collected all legendaries available for it.
    This is correct.

Deleted
    In that case there should be an option to change legendary loot spec to something else while keeping the regular loot spec your main spec.

Wouldnt that make sense?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    In that case there should be an option to change legendary loot spec to something else while keeping the regular loot spec your main spec.

Wouldnt that make sense?
    It would and Blizzard considered such an option, but didn't go though with it because it would be too confusing or something like that.

Wasn't there talk abut legendaries not being decided until you used it in 7.2 for this exact reason, so you could switch spec before "unlocking" it? Whatever happened to that idea?

Wouldnt that make sense?
    Well I think their intention is that you actually have to play a spec in order to get the legendaries for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Well I think their intention is that you actually have to play a spec in order to get the legendaries for it.
    Well that's not even true as it is right now, since you can play tank and get legendaries for healer/dps by having that spec set as your loot specialization.

Deleted

Wouldnt that make sense?
    Nope.

If you consider that the bad luck protection soooooort of works like a counter, then consider this: It might actually not count any further if you cannot get any more legendaries for a spec. Let's say you end up at 999/1000. Then you change spec and the instant you do something legendable, you get it and go to 12/2000. Then you can switch back.

Of course, this is speculation, but it might just work like that.

Deleted
    Alright, thx for your answers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    I would think that would be common sense. If nothing is available and all the items are unique, how can something drop? lol

Wouldnt that make sense?
    Well the obvious solution would be to make legendaries from your other specs drop when you already have all legendaries for your current spec. Similar to how it worked for the heirloom weapons from Garrosh.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you still need loot for your main from some bosses but not others then just remember to change loot spec. Might lead to some gearing up on ya OS too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    If you still need loot for your main from some bosses but not others then just remember to change loot spec. Might lead to some gearing up on ya OS too
    Not viable with this titanforge-system.

Deleted

Wouldnt that make sense?
    Blizzard make a sensible choice for ones, lul.

I suggested this ages ago and keep repeating it on their forums to no avail, it makes people afraid to switch if a world / raid boss drops nothing for their main spec but they want to gear up an off spec.

Happened to me, I got the 4% reduced damage when in consecration ring for my ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Well that's not even true as it is right now, since you can play tank and get legendaries for healer/dps by having that spec set as your loot specialization.
    If that's true then it's never worked for me so far...

Considering the fact that I've only gotten 2 legendaries so far, I can't imagine having the kind of embarassment of riches problem when I have all for one spec and am looking to switch to get alt-spec legendaries. Crazy...