Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Dragon Maid - 9/10

KyoAni did a great job of adding some soul to an already decent series. I read quite a few chapters of the manga once the anime was announced, just to see if it was going to be something that would interest me. It was good, but not good enough to really stoke my interest. The anime just did such a good job with a majority of the characters and brought them to life and made them feel real. I was able to get invested in Kobayashi and her struggles with loneliness and not feeling a connection to her family. I was rooting for Tohru to get through to Kobayashi and for their relationship to become something meaningful. Watching Kanna and Saikawa share some really good moments in the finale was nice. I feel Elma was just kinda tacked on (she was one of my favorites in the manga) and her gag, and Luccoa's as well, got stale fairly quickly. Fafnir was quite the surprised in how he was able to deliver some really "compact" yet emotionally stirring appearances. The final episode was perfect and really completed the sale of the characters to me. In one episode, they were able to give each character a bit of screen time that elevated them above their running gags and solidify them as "real people" when a "real" conflict finally arose.

The animation, of course, was fantastic as expected from KyoAni. I was concerned that the manga's art style wasn't going to translate well enough to let KyoAni show off their talents, but I was pleasantly surprised. They did some fantastic things with the action scenes, but the lighting in this show was absolutely superb. One of my girlfriend's majors was film, and she was so impressed by the lighting that she actually started the show from the beginning and watch it herself. The music was another thing that really stood out to me as there were some really fun BGM mixed in with some really moving pieces. The music and the lighting and color palette changes flawlessly manipulated the mood of the show. I'll likely end up watching it again, just to pay extra attention to the production choices.

So the tl;dr: It's a fun show with plenty of emotional depth, that also looks and sounds amazing, that wraps up nicely in a finale that ranks in my top 10 endings easily.
    I do enjoy seeing people pretty much say the same things I feel about an anime, while your review was more elegantly put, the points pretty much boiled down to the same as mine.

To tack on though, the final episode has become one of those scenes I will go back and watch just for the sake of that scene, that's how amazing I thought it was, that part of course, being Kobayashi's outburst

The only other scene that I've gone back to to rewatch that often is from Steins;Gate, and the video from Okabe's future self, and honorable mention to Re:Zero and the scene when Betelgeuse possesses Subaru

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Do that with naked Trumps and you'd make enough money to pay next month's rent.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Do that with naked Trumps and you'd make enough money to pay next month's rent.
    well I didn't make it. I think I have seen a trump one before? if not we need to get our top men on it

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Alice to Zouroku 02 - Sana is so goddamn cute. I'm really in love with this show so far, I just hope it stays this good when the plot ramps up.
    I'm finding it oddly endearing as well, and it's definitely not my normal type of show. However, I do not believe there is a person in the world as calm as Sanae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kimi no Na wa - 9/10. That was stunning. Easily the best anime movie I've seen, and that twist blew me away. I did not expect that entire last half whatsoever. One problem I had was the first half with the body switching felt a bit too rushed, but to get in the last half I'm okay with that. I could have done with another 20 minutes on the movie to kind of extend the body switching a bit though, just to flesh out their experiences and getting to know each other's lives and friends.

I'll definitely be watching this again when it comes out on BD.

ReLIFE 174 - God when Hishiro and Kaizaki finally get together I'm going to squeal like a girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    ReLIFE 174 - God when Hishiro and Kaizaki finally get together I'm going to squeal like a girl.
    An and Yoake too pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spinoff:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account

top ten anime mysteries

top ten anime mysteries
    That doesn't really work in English, they should have just replaced the question. Note that answer D: "a", I assume refers to the hyphen (sabaara, elongated vowel sound). I don't know enough Japanese to have a clue what the answer is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    That doesn't really work in English, they should have just replaced the question. Note that answer D: "a", I assume refers to the hyphen (sabaara, elongated vowel sound). I don't know enough Japanese to have a clue what the answer is.
    You are supposed to switch a letter in the word, not add a letter where the hyphen is. The answers are just what letter you need to replace, not necessarily what letter you are actually replacing said letter with. That letter can be any other letter in the alphabet.

The question is actually solvable without any Japanese knowledge, but as far as I can tell the translators still fucked it up.

Spoiler: 
    The answer is C. "b": if you replace the b in saba-ra with an h, you get 'saha-ra'.

As in the Sahara desert.

The issue is while it initially says 'dinner had been fully prepared, except for desert', the last line clearly says 'grand dessert' contrary to what is quoted right here. So my assumption is the translators fucked something up. The characters in-game actually mention how the question requires English knowledge to solve.

This is the hardest one though (and actually solvable)

The candle one is top kek.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the hardest one though (and actually solvable)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NwSHQ50.jpg[IMG]
    savescumming was strong with this one.
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-04-10 at 04:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The candle one was pretty easy because I've heard it before, it's quite a common riddle.

I haven't read them all yet but honestly I've save scummed for a bunch already. Some of them are just kind of silly and require specific knowledge, like that ambulance one (how was I supposed to know the numbers you dial for an ambulance or police in Japan)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Suggestions on what I should watch next?
    Don't tell me to watch Gankutsou, I'm not in the mood for committing to anything that is longer than a cour right now.
    Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä

Hoozuki no Reitetsu

15+ Year Old Account
    Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho 01 - Zero is cute and all but something about this show doesn't click with me. It feels very cheap. I'll probably end up dropping this.

Don't tell me to watch Gankutsou, I'm not in the mood for committing to anything that is longer than a cour right now.
    Just from your plan to watch list, Genshiken. I guess it technically has multiple seasons, but it's nowhere near as dense as Gankutsou and you don't really need to watch the other seasons if you don't like it enough.

Otherwise, either Ga-Rei Zero or Usagi Drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Afaik, Ga-Rei Zero is a prequel. Should I read the manga before I watch it or can I watch it and then read the manga?
    It's not necessary to read the manga first at all, my first experience with the series was Ga-Rei Zero.

I'm not sure how good the Ga-Rei manga is but iirc it's supposed to be a lot different in tone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Different in tone as in? More serious?
    Ga-Rei Zero is serious, Ga-Rei (from what I've heard) is more episodic and comedic.

Tsuki ga Kirei and Sukurada Reset had good first episodes. Haven't watched anything else yet.

I remember Vampire Hunter D (2000) being good. It's been so long, however, that I don't really remember much else about it, so not selling too high this time around.

Also, had to google what cour means. TIL

10+ Year Old Account
    I might just knock that one out this weekend when I have the time to do so. For now, I'm downloading Genshiken. I just wanted something that I can watch an episode or two of in the evening to kick back and relax without too much of an investment or commitment.
    Genshiken is definitely that type of show. The first season is so calm.