Poll: Are you bored too?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legion isn't boring -- WoW is boring.

Or, rather, WoW gets boring after you invest thousands of hours into it... just like every game, ever.

If you're bored with Legion, it's because you've played too much WoW and are losing interest. That's it. Same thing happened to me at the end of MoP. Same thing happens to hundreds of thousands of players with every expansion. This will continue happening. It's incredibly difficult to keep playing the same game, year after year.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Pretty boring to do the same world quest and the same dungeons for the 10th, 20th, 30th, Nth time.

Mythic raiding and killing the next mythic boss is the only "new" content available for me.
    and even then... that has its limits, too... And the gear incentive isn't much of incentive to do mythics when the difference between heroic and mythic is pretty pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    zelda botw can be 100%'d, after that there is literally nothing else to do.

Once you've completed everything...it's done.

Do you just kill mobs with your fully upgraded gear for lulzies?

wow doesn't have a 100%, and if there was there's new things added, botw will have 2 content patches added in, after that, done.

Not sure how in the world you say botw is better, and a good chunk of 100%ing botw is literally finding the stupid seeds that theres 900 of, is finding seeds more fun than anything in wow? If so, good for you.
    There is alot other video games that doesnt have 100%

I.e. = Civilization 4, Civilization 5, Heroes of Might Magic 3,5,

Also video games like Fallout New Vegas and Elder Scrolls series always have new mods from users that not only add new content but also revamp or change gameplay itlself

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can rely on whatever Blizzard spoon feeds players and rate your experience based on what's given to you, or you can write your own story and make something out of what's available.

I've observed that more and more players take what they see at face value but don't put in the effort to make it work for themselves in a fun way. Not that I want to tell people how they SHOULD play, but it feels like players have such short attention spans that they're almost unable to use their imaginations to enhance the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Legion isn't boring -- WoW is boring.

Or, rather, WoW gets boring after you invest thousands of hours into it... just like every game, ever.

If you're bored with Legion, it's because you've played too much WoW and are losing interest. That's it. Same thing happened to me at the end of MoP. Same thing happens to hundreds of thousands of players with every expansion. This will continue happening. It's incredibly difficult to keep playing the same game, year after year.
    Or maybe they simply got bored from Legion/MOP expansions and not WOW itself.

There is alot of players who getting bored fast with X expansion and canceling sub after 1-2months, but when Y expansion came they are staying subbed and playing almost evry month till the expansion end.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-04-10 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Congrats on comparing a new game that "manages to not feel boring even after 1 month" to a 12 year old game.

Seriously, you guys are reaching with your QQ Topics. How about you just move on and play those "not boring" games? I mean...if they are so fascinating..how do you find time to complain here? Shouldn't you be playing?
    "12 years old" game has been updated many times not just new content but also revamp of gameplay and models/graphics/textures

2004 Vanilla is pretty different from Legion, and of course there is few things that remained the same after years.

Im not bored with Legion but i understand that there is ppl who started playing both WOW and "X game" in same period of time, got bored with WOW or just Legion expansion but still having fun in X game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    500 hours at 110 is a LOT for one game over the course of a few months. What other game didn't get a little repetitive at 500 hours into the end game?
    i dunno.. any wow expansion b4 wod perhaps? or alot of other games

I'm bored, but mainly because I'm played WoW off and on for 10+ years and the formula just isn't exciting anymore. I still enjoy the game, I just do so in small doses and enjoy new patches as they come. Apparently some people are incapable of playing with that attitude and expect 50+ hours of new playable content every week...

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i dunno.. any wow expansion b4 wod perhaps? or alot of other games
    I haven't seen a single player game in years that could hold my attention for 500 hrs end game, most games are 100% completable in 20 hours or less and then offer very little beyond that. Hell WoW's the only game I have more that 200 hrs in.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I haven't seen a single player game in years that could hold my attention for 500 hrs end game, most games are 100% completable in 20 hours or less and then offer very little beyond that. Hell WoW's the only game I have more that 200 hrs in.
    wow isnt a single player game tho.. and im not even talking about single player games..

and its your probles(or i should say your business) that you only have 200 hrs in wow..

NEVER Compare Zelda to an MMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    wow isnt a single player game tho.. and im not even talking about single player games..

and its your probles(or i should say your business) that you only have 200 hrs in wow..
    What? i said wow is the only game I have more than 200 hrs in? more like 700 days, been here since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Or maybe they simply got bored from Legion/MOP expansions and not WOW itself.

There is alot of players who getting bored fast with X expansion and canceling sub after 1-2months, but when Y expansion came they are staying subbed and playing almost evry month till the expansion end.

Getting Bored with Legion/MoP is basically being bored with WOW itself...

It's the same thing....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    and even then... that has its limits, too... And the gear incentive isn't much of incentive to do mythics when the difference between heroic and mythic is pretty pathetic
    Welcome to WOW, mate...

Where you have to work for gear from different difficulties...

I miss the old style progression. Unless you're in a guild that refuses to do anything but the highest difficulty you get to experience exactly everything in the game within the first week and after that it's just repetition of that same content at multiple levels of difficulty for rewards that don't really matter since you've already seen everything. It creates apathy, at least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

It's the same thing....

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to WOW, mate...

Where you have to work for gear from different difficulties...
    Getting bored with certain expansion and getting bored from WOW overall its not the same thing.

There was many situations when players who came back from big break from WOW got bored with X expansion after playing it for 2-3months and unsubbed/quit it till next one, but when Y expansion released they was playing and staying evry month of it.

There alot folks who getting bored with one expansion fast, despite big break before it, but enjoying next one much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Getting bored with certain expansion and getting bored from WOW overall its not the same thing.

There was many situations when players who came back from big break from WOW got bored with X expansion after playing it for 2-3months and unsubbed/quit it till next one, but when Y expansion released they was playing and staying evry month of it.

There alot folks who getting bored with one expansion fast, despite big break before it, but enjoying next one much more.
    Statistically speaking most people who take their first big break from WoW due to boredom never re-sub for as long as they initially had. It's just a long drawn-out process of quitting one short re-sub at a time. Either you're into the game or you're not, and the longer you play the less chance there is that you stay into the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

It's the same thing....

def not the same thing.. since wod wow became trash..

Outside of playing with whatever friends you may have in the game (which is almost completely independent of the game you're playing), the best parts of any WoW experience are also the most expedient. That is, the leveling process itself, and possibly a small element of gearing up at max level. That this aspect of the game took your average player longer in vanilla than in any other expansion probably speaks volumes as to why so many people consider that version of the game to be better, despite all the technical drawbacks at the time. But I digress.

When you have the vast majority of the games content on farm, there's very little to make that ensuing repetition interesting to a good chunk of players. Simply being able to god-mode around in video games is, at best, a very temporary distraction.

D3, which Legion borrows from quite a bit, suffers the same core problem... you can play as long as you like, but after a very brief play session (what does the main story take, 3-4 hours?), you've arguably seen the entirety of it. Everything else is fillers and variations on themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    WoW is like every other game, you play it until you're bored, then move on to another game, that's it.

Did you make a post on the community forums of every other games you stopped playing in your life? No.

Gtfo already
    Except, WoW is not a game, UNDERSTAND IT ALREADY! It's a way of life!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Statistically speaking most people who take their first big break from WoW due to boredom never re-sub for as long as they initially had. It's just a long drawn-out process of quitting one short re-sub at a time. Either you're into the game or you're not, and the longer you play the less chance there is that you stay into the game.
    Yeah people are different, some people getting bored with certain expansion but not with WOW itself, and some people getting bored with WOW.

But not sure about statistics since im seeing alot ppl in guilds on alts that havent logged for 7years and also ppl online who have achivs from 2008.

Back in MOP subscribers number dropped to 7.6 -6.15 mills,

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ve-subscribers

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...urning-crusade User Score 7.8
    Generally favorable reviews based on 749 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...-the-lich-king User Score 7.4
    Mixed or average reviews based on 874 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...raft-cataclysm User Score 5.5 Mixed or average reviews based on 916 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria 4.8 Generally unfavorable reviews based on 1226 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...rds-of-draenor 5.9 Mixed or average reviews based on 1078 Ratings
    But when WOD released it was about 10-11mills at start and 5.6mills pre Tanaan Jungle when WOD had almost no content (probably because Blizzard was spending most rescues on testing and developing Overwatch)

After Tanaan Jungle released there was much more ppl online for 3-4months

Apart from content Storyline and Lore could play big role too, and i personally found WOTLK storyline way more epic than WOD/MOP ones.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-04-10 at 09:02 PM.