Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    My point from the start was that any xenophobia has mostly been fueled by terrorist. Even if you want to blame Donald Trump, his argument is based on pointing out terrorist acts, thus terrorism is the root cause of xenophobia.

Then you come with at me sideways with some other argument that had nothing to do with my post.
    No, it has been fueled by people who like to paint large populations of human beings as all the same. So my response was accurate.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, it has been fueled by people who like to paint large populations of human beings as all the same. So my response was accurate.
    I thought humanity was all the same?

- - - Updated - - -

William Buckley. Barry Goldwater won based on a platform of 'states' rights', which only caught on (coincidentally I'm sure) with the southern states. He was also against the CRA and VRA.

So minority populations in the US just have to go along with the latent discrimination and exclusion?
    So he was for states rights and against expansion of federal government on libertarian grounds, not on racial grounds. You disprove your own claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Because none of the supposed and circulated fears never were realized, but were successful in brainwashing people that these people were different from themselves, which then acted as a buffer to actual social progress and representation for these groups.
    The Italian mafia wasn't real?

Oh that chick is hot I'd rent to her

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I thought humanity was all the same?

- - - Updated - - -

So he was for states rights and against expansion of federal government on libertarian grounds, not on racial grounds. You disprove your own claims.

- - - Updated - - -

The Italian mafia wasn't real?
    You have to be brainwashed or willfully ignorant to believe that millions of Chinese immigrants were coming to conquer the west, or that the Irish were conscripted by the British to retake the colonies, or that all Catholic immigrants were all borg-hive minds controlled by the pope, or that Syrian and North African refugees and immigrants have all taken a blood oath with ISIS and Boko Haram to eliminate all white christian males and rape white women to bear their children to instill sharia law. All of these are irrational fears created out of thin air by interests in America that want to perpetuate their own supposed "supremacy".

The existence of the libertarian movement is a cover to subvert the protections granted by the federal government so states' (aka the people who control the states) to run roughshod over their citizens. This is why Reagan announced his candidacy in a town where civil rights' activists were murdered, and why the conservatives disparaged Obama by mocking his achievements as a community organizer.

Goldwater knew he couldn't say the outright inflammatory racist remarks the southern states' rights champions like Calhoun, and other confederate separatists did a century before him, but he knew the sentiments of racial superiority and a government that only served the interests of white people (anglo-saxon monoculture) were extremely popular in the deep south, since it was in virtual stasis after failed reconstruction efforts.

Is the US a representation of Sicily in the early 20th century?

The existence of the libertarian movement is a cover to subvert the protections granted by the federal government so states' (aka the people who control the states) to run roughshod over their citizens.
    I forgot you were off your rocker

My point from the start was that any xenophobia has mostly been fueled by terrorist. Even if you want to blame Donald Trump, his argument is based on pointing out terrorist acts, thus terrorism is the root cause of xenophobia.

Then you come with at me sideways with some other argument that had nothing to do with my post.
    Pretty sure most of the hate isnt juist aimed at muslims.....i mean when bannon says their are to many asian ceo's while they are considered the "good" ones (whatever the fuck that means) im pretty sure background doesnt mater and its just picking a target.

Its muslims and Mexicans now in the US but in a white European heritage society's I don't really see a place for African Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't just the consequences of past actions, it's the present actions committed implicitly through our society which slows or even reverses the progress made by minority groups in the US.
    And those actions would be? And I'm talking about white men, not Trump. Besides he's not white, he's orange.

According to local media reports, Dyne Suh, a law student in Riverside, Calif...
    If only the proprietor had had the sense to say, "one word says it all - lawyer", we could have avoided this!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    i mean when bannon says their are to many asian ceo's while they are considered the "good" ones (whatever the fuck that means) im pretty sure background doesnt mater and its just picking a target..
    I find it interesting that when Bannon mentions that there are a lot of Asians in Silicon Valley, he's a supervillain, but the roughy 9 gillion articles about Silicon Valley being "too white" are just solid journalism. It's pretty funny how Silicon Valley being 68% white is "unbearable" to the nice left-leaning folks at Mother Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Trump didn't make assholes, assholes made themselves. Trump gave the go ahead to express themselves by example but nothing more. I'd rather have assholes out in the open, than lurking in the shadows.
    It is rather fun when they are in the open. Then we can deal with them.

But again, they go after a woman. Not enough balls to go after a man

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    And those actions would be? And I'm talking about white men, not Trump. Besides he's not white, he's orange.
    Voter suppression, removal of social services, degradation of public school funding through chartered and religious-based schooling. There are many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voter suppression,
    Like what happened to Bernie Sanders? More importantly, this was done in favor of Hillary Clinton, who last I checked was a woman.
    removal of social services, degradation of public school funding through chartered and religious-based schooling. There are many.
    These sound like a Republican problem, not a white men problem. More importantly, it's politicians who get paid to do things that the wealthy want. This isn't a race war, this is a class war.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Got any statistics to back that up? I beg to differ. America feels better now that we have a president that actually likes America instead of one that just wants to apologize to everyone for America.
    heres a study by California State University Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism. But i guess that's just fake news right lol.

https://csbs.csusb.edu/hate-and-extr...m-center-staff

Well, like every story, turns out there was more to this story than the "victim" or the liberal media would like you to know. Yes, the host said those things, but the booking was cancelled long before that and for a completely different reason. Turns out the woman playing the victim was trying to scam the Airbnb host. Contacting them at the last minute and wanting to add additional people to the stay for no additional cost.

It only descended into nasty name calling after the host cancelled the booking due to the woman trying to scam them and she kept pestering them trying to get the booking back. So while the comment was made, race played no part in the booking being cancelled. The women trying to scam the host is why she lost her place to stay, and she ran to the media with the conversation that took place long after the cancellation to try and play the victim.

I'm sure plenty of people won't click the link because they can't ever be bothered to read a source their overlords don't approve of, but the screenshots are all there. You don't have to read his commentary, just look at the screenshots. The host knew from the start the renter was Asian and was more than happy to rent to them, but the renter tried to double the number of occupants and pets at the last minute. And refused to pay more money to. So the host cancelled, as is their right, and the renter hounded them. Then and only then did the host get pissed and resort to insults, which means they did nothing illegal.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/he...airbnb-rental/

Most important screenshot from the article embedded below to save people the trouble of having to read a provided source. If you bother to read the provided source, you'll see the "victim" is a political agitator who possible started this whole mess on purpose. That's a common thing these days with liberals, intentionally trying to make themselves victims. Just 5 days before this happened she was making social media posts about knowing your rental rights as a minority and how to claim victim status if you feel someone denies you housing based on your race or your religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Well, like every story, turns out there was more to this story than the "victim" or the liberal media would like you to know. Yes, the host said those things, but the booking was cancelled long before that and for a completely different reason. Turns out the woman playing the victim was trying to scam the Airbnb host. Contacting them at the last minute and wanting to add additional people to the stay for no additional cost.

It only descended into nasty name calling after the host cancelled the booking due to the woman trying to scam them and she kept pestering them trying to get the booking back. So while the comment was made, race played no part in the booking being cancelled. The women trying to scam the host is why she lost her place to stay, and she ran to the media with the conversation that took place long after the cancellation to try and play the victim.

I'm sure plenty of people won't click the link because they can't ever be bothered to read a source their overlords don't approve of, but the screenshots are all there. You don't have to read his commentary, just look at the screenshots. The host knew from the start the renter was Asian and was more than happy to rent to them, but the renter tried to double the number of occupants and pets at the last minute. And refused to pay more money to. So the host cancelled, as is their right, and the renter hounded them. Then and only then did the host get pissed and resort to insults, which means they did nothing illegal.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/he...airbnb-rental/

Most important screenshot from the article embedded below to save people the trouble of having to read a provided source. If you bother to read the provided source, you'll see the "victim" is a political agitator who possible started this whole mess on purpose. That's a common thing these days with liberals, intentionally trying to make themselves victims. Just 5 days before this happened she was making social media posts about knowing your rental rights as a minority and how to claim victim status if you feel someone denies you housing based on your race or your religion.

I was going to come here and post the same thing.

Cliffnotes: She tried to add two additional people and two dogs to the booking a few minutes prior to arriving. She refused to pay more and her booking was canceled. While callous and uncalled for, the Asian reference wasn't the reason the booking was revoked, it was a reference to a racial stereotype of Asians trying to get more than they paid for - something this woman was doing.

I'd blame the people that fit the stereotypes and not being better human beings.

WTF? Asians make GREAT tenants. They always pay their rent on time. They recognise the value of advancement through hard work. They very rarely have problematic belief systems, they are generally good natured and their women can be smoking hot. They are the perfect immigrants and make exceptional 2nd generation citizens.

theres actually been a sharp decline in the number of incidents of racism and hate crimes, the news just likes covering them way more than feel good stories because it helps sell their papers and generate clicks.

Xenophobia has been on the rise in recent years, Trump didn't cause it, he just utilized it as a platform. Did this exacerbate the trend? Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in, people are dicks and water is wet.

More news at 11.

I thought this story was already debunked...

I find her behavior prior to the slur to be nearly as bad as the slur. Two wrongs don't make a right but, she was way out of line also.