Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yeah, no reason to Delete them, just don't play them. I myself haven't played many of my alts, and currently only have 6 110's far fewer than at the same point in previous Expacs. all the rest just do Orderhall Missions for Exp, Goddess bless the BoA Orderhall Resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    How do everyone else do it? i assume you dont all a bunch of characters that are fully geared etc.
    Why the heck would I bother to gear up all my alts past the basic minimum? I only gear up an alt if I use it for raiding. If I use it for herbing, sending order hall missions, or completing the campaign for the achievement / future class mount I see no reason why I would have to work my ass off to gear up an alt. I mostly snatch a few easy WQ upgrades but no reason to farm them extensively. If I wanted to raid on an alt, or let's say do the mage tower challenge, I would have to put some effort in gearing it up, but atm I don't really care. I geared up a bit 1 alt so I can start balance of power (no one invites sub-870s to normal EN apparently), but far from trying to keep it up to the level of my main.

And why would I delete my alts? I only delete if I run out of space on the server / account. Alts ain't milk that goes expired if you don't consume it by the date on the box. And they're useful from time to time even if they aren't max level, some old profession crafts, having extras to farm stuff like old raid mounts or timewalking badges for rep tokens and many more uses. I only once deleted a character above lvl 60 (not counting dks and dhs that were just created for testing purposes), and that was only because midway levelling I wanted the char to be different race and didn't want to pay for racechange. In the end when tokens to balance arrived I restored that alt and transfered it away (yes, it required a bit of juggling as I had no space on my main server).

Deleting alts you put a lot of time into in the past is very wasteful.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-04-10 at 11:28 PM.

I know this is a truly revolutionary idea, but you can just choose not to play your alts. You don't have to delete them.

If you are that short on time, save yourself the effort and just leave the alts there and don't play them.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I just started on alts for Legion. Took forever to get main to the point i was happy with it.
    Took like 2 weeks to level my second toon to 110, but only 4 days to get him geared equal of my main that took 6 months.
    Granted i don't raid, so i don't have to do split runs etc and the getting around 880-890 isn't that hard.

And now i'm working on the 5 next ones simultaneously, so far i've gotten 20 levels in about a week.
    There's nothing else to do for me currently, can't complete the class challenges yet, no raiding, took about 1 month to get my 2nd toon to the prestige level i wanted him.
    Rest of the content is just on queue for waiting on Blizzard to open it. So might aswell play alts.

Still don't have flying, which would help the leveling, but i don't see it worth grinding hours on end in the Shore, cause it's boring.

Getting them geared should be no problem with Broken Shore and the tokens.
    But then again i'm fine with 880-890 across the board.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-04-11 at 12:23 AM.

i got my first kid on the way too and i definetly wont have time then for all those characters.
    Then delete all characters. Your child may appreciate this (especially since you had time to level 12 chars to 110!) later. Try to play some of that game called "World of Reality" and level up your follower (child) to PhD or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I know this is a truly revolutionary idea, but you can just choose not to play your alts. You don't have to delete them.
    Too reasonable :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Just use 11 of them to fund your token via order hall missions and when you get bored of playing one you can switch to another for a different play style.

I'm just leaving my alts until the next expac when I can hopefully use them again. Don't delete them, you'll probably regret it.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Obvious and overwhelming sentiment is to not delete. You may regret later. Willpower yourself into pretending your alts don't exist for a while. Better than feeling regret for deletion later.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Denied - you should definitely delete your alts. If you don't do it now, you're bound to regret it.

I currently play three toons some eat regularly. The rest are still there, just not being played. As easy as that really
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    this is the first expansion that i dont use an alt, mainly for 2 reasons.

1- i work at morning, and doing my M.A afternoon.

2- requires lots of work in legion.

but still raiding semi-hardcore.
    "Requires LOTS of Work In legion".

Wait...so...are you saying...that...

WE HAVE TO WORK IN AN MMO?! HOLY SHIT!

Well the grinds like AP will continue to get gutted as the expansion goes on to get people caught up. Depending on the content lull there is likely time to go and play those alts and get generally caught up baring some extreme solution to keep everyone grinding to the last day.

Deleted
    I dont really play much anymore and one of the reasons is that its been impossible to keep my characters up to par, i have 12x 110 one of each class, and i play up until one point where i just gave up on the game because all my characters were behind.

I have slight OCD about having characters that i dont play and im thinking about deleting them, im just afraid im gonna regret it down the line because blizzard implements features that makes the game more alt friendly.

How do everyone else do it? i assume you dont all a bunch of characters that are fully geared etc.

What would you do? im just afraid ill regret it and i got my first kid on the way too and i definetly wont have time then for all those characters.
    Normally you'd just not play the characters you don't enjoy playing.
    I think you should probably think about speaking to someone about your videogame addiction if you're finding choices like this hard to make.
    Sounds like you're kinda keep in that rabbithole.

I dont really play much anymore and one of the reasons is that its been impossible to keep my characters up to par, i have 12x 110 one of each class, and i play up until one point where i just gave up on the game because all my characters were behind.

I have slight OCD about having characters that i dont play and im thinking about deleting them, im just afraid im gonna regret it down the line because blizzard implements features that makes the game more alt friendly.

What would you do? im just afraid ill regret it and i got my first kid on the way too and i definetly wont have time then for all those characters.
    It's Blizzards' fault, that I'm altoholic now, cuz 6-12 months content droughts between patches, when I have nothing to do, except leveling new alts - is obviously their fault. And now alts - are core part of my gameplay. There is no way back, no matter, how alt-unfriendly current game is. If game developers start to make game less alt-friendly - I personally start to shrink my ingame goals per character instead of playing lesser number of them. For example when LFR became way too overtuned back in MOP, so I had to sit for 3 hours on every boss, till 10 stack of buff wouldn't be stacked - I simply stopped doing it. If game developers make game too alt-unfriendly, so it's no longer worth playing alts - I stop playing such game. That's it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Are all you "you will regret deleting them" people unaware that you can restore deleted characters yourself every 15 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Are all you "you will regret deleting them" people unaware that you can restore deleted characters yourself every 15 days?
    Nah he'll still regret it. He'll want to undelete them and find himself facing a 135 day wait to get all nine back. Or he'll undelete one, then decide he'd rather play a different one, and be screwed for 14 more days.

Much much much much much smarter and easier to just not delete them in the first place.

Deleted
    I got about 10 pairs of shoes I rarely ever touch. That doesn't mean I need to throw them in the bin...

Deleted
    With what 7.2 did to AP-progression it really shouldn't be that troublesome in the 1st place. At least for me it kind of killed my OCD...

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    But what does he gain by deleting and restoring the character?
    Exactly... he just loses the 2 minutes it will take him to finish the procedure.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-04-11 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    move your main to another server.
    that way you wont see your unused alts