Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Millions of AP placed into BM instead of MM...

Over the last week I have spent over 100million artifact power into my Offspec, beast mastery, because the new trait, thunderslash ,made beast mastery a clear significant favorite over my main spec, marksman, for the raiding environment. I also spent $25 to race change from troll to orc in order to gain the 1% pet damage bonus. It was alot of time and effort, spamming mythic+ carry runs to farm the artifact power, as well as my hard earned money. As you can imagine, with the new recent hotfix, which is nerfing thunderslash to the ground, I am quite upset. All of the artifact power that I have gained and then put into the BM artifact could have been spent into MM instead. I consistently rank in the top 99-100% on warcraft logs, so every little bit matters to me, which is why I spent $25 to race change to orc for the pet bonus.

Please blizzard, I know you won't undo the nerfs to Bm, which is fine to me, but what about all the artifact power I, and probably several other hunters placed into BM instead of MM? Also, the $25 I spent race changing to orc from troll...

I know this sounds like a whine post, but in hearthstone at least blizzard refunds you dust whenever they nerf or buff a card. Could blizzard at least refund us the AP that hunters have spent over the last week?

Now ive got all these AP tokens from farming carry runs and i have both my specs at 44 traits, and i dont know what to put points into ;/
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2017-04-11 at 08:20 AM.

BM is still better than MM if you have the legendaries, what are you even complaining about.

Deleted
    Soo you must be new to this game? Or is there another reason why you didn't assume that Thunderslash (not even a golden trait) wouldn't get nerfed? Anyways, after a couple of artifact knowledge ranks you will get the same amount of AP in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    BM is still better than MM if you have the legendaries, what are you even complaining about.
    We don't know that. Until simcraft updates their build or we get some logs post nerf we have no idea what spec will do better.

You're wasting your time posting stuff like "Please Blizzard" here. These forums are not owned, operated or monitored by Blizzard. Someone already started a thread about the Thunderlash nerfs over on the actual official WoW Hunter Forums. And no matter where you post, you will be wasting your breath trying to get Blizzard to refund AP between specs. 100 million AP is nothing at the current AK levels. With zero Mythic+ farming I can manage 100 million in about 5 days. And you'll keep earning it faster and faster as those AK levels keep racking up. You should be at 29 or whatever it is in another day and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    We don't know that. Until simcraft updates their build or we get some logs post nerf we have no idea what spec will do better.
    No, we still know it's better with the correct legendaries. Thunderlash took BM from 7th to 5th in the parse rankings. Not enough to justify the massive nerf, but it was still well ahead of MM. We know this because no one had Thunderlash unlocked right away. The most anyone was able to unlock 2 weeks ago was up to 3 points into Slithering Serpent. They had to earn enough AP for another two points to get to Thunderlash. So all we have to do is look at the parses over a 2 week range, from when 7.2 first dropped, where BM was running 7th, and compare that to a range of 1 week when everyone had Thunderlash unlocked finally and it jumped up to 5th. MM was down at the bottom 4 or 5 specs that entire time.

Your personal DPS may make or break between the two specs based on Thunderlash, but not if you have the Shoulders for BM. If you don't have the Shoulders for BM, your DPS is still likely so close between the two that you personally will probably perform better, and therefore do more DPS as BM, simply because you're not a computer and it's the easier spec to play. If you run Sims between BM and MM, and MM is only beating BM by a few % points, you're better off playing BM. Sims are no gospel, don't treat them as such. BM is just the better spec than MM at the moment, regardless of Thunderlash.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2017-04-11 at 08:36 AM.

Over the last week I have spent over 100million artifact power into my Offspec, beast mastery, because the new trait, thunderslash ,made beast mastery a clear significant favorite over my main spec, marksman, for the raiding environment. I also spent $25 to race change from troll to orc in order to gain the 1% pet damage bonus. It was alot of time and effort, spamming mythic+ carry runs to farm the artifact power, as well as my hard earned money. As you can imagine, with the new recent hotfix, which is nerfing thunderslash to the ground, I am quite upset. All of the artifact power that I have gained and then put into the BM artifact could have been spent into MM instead. I consistently rank in the top 99-100% on warcraft logs, so every little bit matters to me, which is why I spent $25 to race change to orc for the pet bonus.

Please blizzard, I know you won't undo the nerfs to Bm, which is fine to me, but what about all the artifact power I, and probably several other hunters placed into BM instead of MM? Also, the $25 I spent race changing to orc from troll...

I know this sounds like a whine post, but in hearthstone at least blizzard refunds you dust whenever they nerf or buff a card. Could blizzard at least refund us the AP that hunters have spent over the last week?

Now ive got all these AP tokens from farming carry runs and i have both my specs at 44 traits, and i dont know what to put points into ;/
    Honestly, you are at 44 traits on both weapon, what the hell are you complaining about?
    It's not like your MM spec is now gimped for good, you are actually in a pretty decent spot where you can freely switch between specs as you like (legendaries permitting).

If you are afraid you might waste your future AP, just stash your tokens and wait for further buffs/nerfs as we get close to 7.2.5.

Deleted
    people dreams if think a spec that can move and still do perfect rotation will perform at the top, u got ur moment now blizzard is fixing his things

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you saw that 1 Spec suddenly became way stronger than your other one and decided to dump all your AP into it instead of thinking "oh this seems a little too powerful, I will hold off for a week before blowing a bunch of shit on it since this seems so strong that I would switch my entire spec for it"

All of the artifact power that I have gained and then put into the BM artifact could have been spent into MM instead. I consistently rank in the top 99-100% on warcraft logs, so every little bit matters to me, which is why I spent $25 to race change to orc for the pet bonus.
    You are over-invested in the game. The game serves, and needs to serve, a majority population who will not go to such extremes. The fact that you over-invest so much is bad for your life-work-game balance. Having players who over-invest is bad for society, and for the game.

We do know that, because BM was already significantly better at ST than MM, and this nerf is a very small nerf to ST. And only hurts burst aoe, which in raid settings isn't the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this could've been avoided if you'd just play the spec you enjoy playing most. it's a risky game if you just want to play fotm
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

OMG this a hole new lvl of whine o.O gratz man, im surprised.
    Well, BM will still be better, and you would be from around 5% or 6% of your total damage to around 3% or 4% so it's not the end of the World. BM will still be better. That trait was too OP so that's why the nerf.

Deleted
    Shoulda just stuck to your spec - and not abandon it like a rat on a sinking ship :P

Some loyalty gets rewarded man!!!! In terms of legendaries especially. Whats the worst legendary now can be the best tomorrow - so important u stick to one spec, and get all legends for it.

Or dont and waste your time good luck for now and sad for your ap but like they posted, easy to regain it soon and they will 100% sure not refund it based on a nerf.

Deleted

TL;DR OP is a complete dumbass.

Well, it's always risky to switch to FOTM, especially considering how Blizzard is hotfixing class imbalance this xpac.

As for AP: I would not worry about that, in 20 AK levels that you have in less than 100 days - which is still before ToS opens - you will get over 100M AP from your daily heroic dungeon alone. So in the long run your wasted points are insignificant.
    And on the other hand: Perhaps BM is going to be Fotm for ToS, and then the points are not even wasted. And as a sidenote: Even with the nerfs BM is probably ahead of MM in NH.

I Feel this discribes the person at blizzard that came up with and implemented this Nurf
    Last edited by Malgin-THOF; 2017-04-11 at 09:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

So youre playing since Legion release and havent seen how often blizzard buffs and nerfs classes and specs? Its your fault to focus on just one thing in this expac.

Deleted
    Yes Blizzard not testing and evaluating balance before release from PTR resulting in balance rollercoasters sucks big time. It has become the idiotic standard but thats how it is. No they wont read it here and most likely not in their own forums.

The nerf to BM is substantial but its still competetive.

You can try to write a ticket for race change and will most likely get a "Im sorry for you trouble but your'e screwed, here have a lolipop".
    The farmed AP really doesn't matter longer than 1 or two weeks so don't get to worked up about it.

Deleted
    BM is better anyway, you did nothing wrong kid'o.-

Deleted
    BM will still be better and more fun to play than that messy rotation of MM.

I rather have child's play rotation over rotation that messes my brain.