Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In phase I, do you have to kill teh add before entering the bubble? I only tried it about 15 times total and I seem to recall that when I decided to enter the bubble because I couldn't make it to him in time, I would die at the feet of the add inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vultana View Post
    In phase I, do you have to kill teh add before entering the bubble? I only tried it about 15 times total and I seem to recall that when I decided to enter the bubble because I couldn't make it to him in time, I would die at the feet of the add inside.
    Until the add is dead, the protective bubble does not protect you from the passive AoE damage. Either you need to one-shot the add or you go instantly for the invisible boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Until the add is dead, the protective bubble does not protect you from the passive AoE damage. Either you need to one-shot the add or you go instantly for the invisible boss.
    Thanks, I was wondering if there was a connection. I only tried to bail out to the bubble a few times and I couldn't 1-shot it at my iLvl. I am hoping to be better prepared for the challenge next time the tower is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

I killed him with Raddons + Anger
    Full demonic build with first blood and no netherwalk. Tips one how I did my run without defensive legendaries (I wish someone helped me a bit)

Phase 1 -
    Ice - kill the ice blocks with your eye beam, from here face tank his spells. Do not waste your interrupts in meta form because you can just fully leech it all back. When meta runs out, he should be mid casting next frost bolt, interrupt that and go back into meta. Rinse repeat. once you've been prisoned by ice twice, save your fel rushes. After the 3rd prison get ready to double gel rush towards the yellow dot on you mini map (darkness phase)

Arcane/ice phase - same thing face tank his spells IF EYEBEAM is up. After an entire meta he should be mid casting USE IMPRISION, while he's CC'd run to the other side, once your about half way he should blink but still be imprisioned. At this point same thing if EB is free if not interrupt and imprision, about every 4th cast make sure you start moving across the map. NOW if it's ice phase, SAVE YOUR CHAOS NOVA. Face tank frost bolts w eyebeam/meta but chaos nova ice prison and face tank bolts. Try to imprision him before he blinks each time.

NOW after about 2 blinks his 3rd will transition into darkness. He should do this 3 times. YOU DONT NEED NETHERWALK

1st one - was the double gel rush
    2nd one - use meta to jump on him (it'll be back for phase 2)
    3rd - use bubble strat ( fel rush to close clone, blade dance and wait in buble for blade dance cd)

Phase 2 - keep demonic except pick up master glaive.

Opener on void - Drums, prepot, and any trinkets/buff, EB, anni/death, META and focus damage.
    DO NOT USE NEMSIS AND FURY OF ILLIDARI

Because demonic you should have no issues with HP

seed 1 - don't interrupt boss run and be ready

NEMSIS - Chaos Nova - FOTI - EB - Fel rush - glaive

Seed 2 - is tougher - nova - EB - fel rush - glaive - glaive

Seed 3 - Nova FOTI EB META EVERYTHING

WIN.

I may have forgot somethin but lemme know if there's questions - I tried to explain in detail best I could

Just try to drag him closer to the middle before the darkness phase. You can easily reach the outer ring of the arena with 2 fel rushes if you're next to the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaritas View Post
    Just try to drag him closer to the middle before the darkness phase. You can easily reach the outer ring of the arena with 2 fel rushes if you're next to the center.
    You aren't able to get in the middle for arcane phase transition, the nearest yeah but not in the middle. And in the vid I posted, it's the case and the guy needs 2 fel rush, and Nether not to die during the 3 sec walk.
    Keep in mind it's not a "get near", you have to TOUCH the "dust around the invisible" and if you don't succeed in two fel rush, you either VR with the risk of bad alignement or you end up with such a slow that you can die at his feet as I did few times last time.

Deleted
    Vengeance one done with this setup ==>
    Talents : http://prntscr.com/ew3z3e
    Gear : http://prnt.sc/ew42y9

Fight duration 4:20 mins

Bloodlust P2 double old war
    0 light orbs used during P1
    Last edited by mmoc44b73e47b2; 2017-04-13 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Urgh, I'm ilvl 900 and still can't clear this.
    I got to last phase and got him to I dunno, 80%? Then he put the dot on me and I rushed away to drop the adds. When they spawned I stunned them, FOTI and eye beam and even fel eruption and there was still 2 adds left that made it to him. He had full hp and there was a lot of black goo on the ground. This is so annoying.
    If you aren't using them, Master of the Glaive + Bloodlet is a great combo for that phase (and bracers if you have them). I killed 3 sets of adds with that setup without any issues. Well worth using the tome during the RP between phases.

Got a huge fucking bug, Void following me with the cast when I go away. Then, end of the combat and ported away to Xylem Tower in ... Azshara.
    Also, dunno guys how Meta is up for you when you use it for 2nd transition at the end but not mine (1:30 min left). I'm guessing they fix the switch gear & reset CDs (but not talents) cause I could do this last time.

I identified most of my death definitively. It's when I'm ended less than 30% pv at the start of arcane transition and it's often. I do take so much damage, in two bolts I'm merely done under blur at 20%. It's random for now for me, depends of purple orb generation etc.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-04-14 at 01:01 AM.

fu** yeah man, manage to complete it, 892 bloodlet+ MotG for adds
    went Mo'arg + Cinidaria

So happy!

Honestly guys, I have lost all hope...after 12 years of playing this game they have managed to make something that I just can't seem to wrap my head around...I have the gear, the strat, but just not the skill. I know it was mean't to be difficult, but after 180+ attempts (both cycles), I am admitting defeat...I just don't have the skill to complete this challenge. (900ilvl)

Got it.

You know what, I'm glad they have this and tuned it to be this difficult. I'm actually proud because i felt like I played like a champ!

Of course in a few months everyone will be running around with them but when they overgear it but I had to overcome putting pts in the wrong goddamn talents.

Completed it today after getting a Prydaz as my 8th legendary 2 days ago. (still no AOTGH btw) Although I was able to reach phase 2 during the last tower, Prydaz basically trivializes the fight SO much that you hardly even have to interrupt or stun Xylem. I used the eye beam spec and lego helm and for the void boss I swapped to bracers but kept the prydaz on.

I'm overall disappointed in this encounter for demon hunters. It didn't feel challenging to our class specifically, and the concept of having to tome, spec swap, gear swap, sounds really busted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cove210 View Post
    I'm overall disappointed in this encounter for demon hunters. It didn't feel challenging to our class specifically, and the concept of having to tome, spec swap, gear swap, sounds really busted.
    during my first tries i was swapping specs and stuff too but in the end i just used one spec and only swapped around one legi.
    i used 3313323 with anger and sephuz in p1 and then swapped sephuz for kil jaedens in p2. i dont think you should ever use helm in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wydwen View Post
    during my first tries i was swapping specs and stuff too but in the end i just used one spec and only swapped around one legi.
    i used 3313323 with anger and sephuz in p1 and then swapped sephuz for kil jaedens in p2. i dont think you should ever use helm in this fight.
    Man...I wish, mentally I am ravaged, wish it was as easy as some seem to find it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolace View Post
    Man...I wish, mentally I am ravaged, wish it was as easy as some seem to find it.
    never said that i found it easy took me a while as well.
    with what do you have the most problems, perhaps i can offer some advice.

never said that i found it easy took me a while as well.
    with what do you have the most problems, perhaps i can offer some advice.
    Main issue is that I can't consistently get to void phase (1 in 15) and when I do I can't find the DPS, or I screw it up somehow, by not killing an add or stepping in goo. I have gotten Void to 20%, but all the RNG Gods aligned. It is just so brutal on us players that don't have the dexterity required. The help I need, I don't think you can offer =( However I do appreciate the sentiment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolace View Post
    Main issue is that I can't consistently get to void phase (1 in 15) and when I do I can't find the DPS, or I screw it up somehow, by not killing an add or stepping in goo. I have gotten Void to 20%, but all the RNG Gods aligned. It is just so brutal on us players that don't have the dexterity required. The help I need, I don't think you can offer =( However I do appreciate the sentiment.
    imho the most important thing during void phase is to not meta on pull and only use you 2 min cds. you want to pull him to the edge as fast as possible to maximize the time it takes until the room is full with goo. then when he starts channeling just run and dont worry about dpsing the boss. make sure the adds die and that you have the maximum amount of time for it. keep in mind that the 3rd adds might require prolonged power depending on your dps and how much space is left. once the room is full with goo you pop your drums, meta and everything and just dps him down while standing in the void (need 100% meta leech for that; pop blur, darkness and healthpot on spots where you drop low cause of bad rng). i had around 10-15 sec of meta left when he died.

Just did it as a DPS.

3/3/1/3/3/2/3 - Both phases.

Didn't changed itens. Used Convergence of Fates 875(its what i had) and it was nice because i have also a Relic who reduces the CD of my Meta. in the final moments othe fight i ended up being able to use a second Meta, making me survive the final moments when the ground was all about fuckin me.

ilvl: 903
    Artifact level: 40

Thanks to everyone here, mainly to people who did videos. Phase 1 is much easier once you realize that you Chaos Nova the Icestuff to recover your HP and renew your eyebeam.

Phase 2 tips:
    save your Fury of the Illidari/Chaos Nova for the Adds, other than that just kill the boss the fastest you can keeping your distance to avoid damage from shadow stuff.

Also, wait for mobs to start moving to use Chaos Nova, so they will get stun, you will get extra Souls(you can use earlier if you are in need healing or if you got some imba dps).

And now i will reset the buttom to go and try gettin the tank one, which i think it will be much harder QQ
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

imho the most important thing during void phase is to not meta on pull and only use you 2 min cds. you want to pull him to the edge as fast as possible to maximize the time it takes until the room is full with goo. then when he starts channeling just run and dont worry about dpsing the boss. make sure the adds die and that you have the maximum amount of time for it. keep in mind that the 3rd adds might require prolonged power depending on your dps and how much space is left. once the room is full with goo you pop your drums, meta and everything and just dps him down while standing in the void (need 100% meta leech for that; pop blur, darkness and healthpot on spots where you drop low cause of bad rng). i had around 10-15 sec of meta left when he died.
    Ill have to take that into mind...I do usually pop everything on pull with void, figuring there is no way to meet the soft enrage without getting the DPS in upfront. I am not sure I have it in me to continue to beat my head against the wall on this one. I have nearly 200 attempts, but I don't seem to be making any strides, and the 1 in 15 attempts into void phase don't give an old soul like me the time to learn that portion of the fight. I'll try again tomorrow afternoon, hopefully I somehow get better in the mean time.

Grats to you for sure, this is one hell of a solo challenge, and completing it is really impressive. If you think of any other helpful tips, feel free, I have tried every tip that I have seen out there.