Should honor 'pulse' around flags/capture points?

To encourage defending more? I feel like this is something SWTOR did really well, just by defending, every now and then, you receive rewards for doing so.

WoW gives you the 50% more honor from kills, but you're still earning less than those just roaming in a death ball.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    To encourage defending more? I feel like this is something SWTOR did really well, just by defending, every now and then, you receive rewards for doing so.
    SWTOR had some of the best battleground PvP design on launch that I've ever played. It definitely encouraged team cooperation (even on random bgs) and playing the objectives.

It would probably be a good idea, currently random bgs are very rofl stomp one way rofl stomp the other depending on which team has more players trying to cooperate. So yeah probably good to encourage people to defend, but you don't want to wind up where defending is more valueable than attacking then you run into the problem of everyone just afking at bases regardless of winning or losing because it's less effort.

However I would like to see BGs become more interesting and competitive in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    It would probably be a good idea, currently random bgs are very rofl stomp one way rofl stomp the other depending on which team has more players trying to cooperate. So yeah probably good to encourage people to defend, but you don't want to wind up where defending is more valueable than attacking then you run into the problem of everyone just afking at bases regardless of winning or losing because it's less effort.

However I would like to see BGs become more interesting and competitive in general.
    this is what happens in SWTOR. I played SWTOR until a few days ago on top 100 world (not that it matters, PvP in that game is dead) and what happens is that if a team is losing people just mass afk at one base

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    this is what happens in SWTOR. I played SWTOR until a few days ago on top 100 world (not that it matters, PvP in that game is dead) and what happens is that if a team is losing people just mass afk at one base
    Yeah then sadly what blizzard needs to do is get together with the teams across their other competitive games and discuss changes to make random bgs more competitive. I sadly don't see this ever happening but if they can work something out that would maybe encourage casual pvpers that quit to comeback. Also another thing they should look into is making world pvp relevant again but that's off topic.

The solution is somewhere in the concept of rewarding correct play and encouraging people. Maybe in a better kicking system for BGs currently getting people to actually notice someone is afk and vote kick is extremely hard. Maybe adding spice into it like with brawls, I know brawls deduct from the feeling of an equal playing field but they also change things up enough to make it feel much better and encourages people to participate.

I agree I feel the same way you do yeah I think so.. yea

In casual bgs, its hard for anyone to sit at a base, especially when youre losing and your team is attacking a base...if your team doesnt cap that base you start feeling like "if i was there we woulda capped it". That being said, most people only defend when they are winning

Deleted
    I dont like the idea of pulsing honor, but maybe they should up the 50% extra for defending to 100% extra for kills.

They should just also make battleground objectives give more honor, cap a flag in wsg? 150 honor for the flag carrier and 50 honor for rest of team or something, or give AP/reward box for certain objectives to encourage people to take part in them. Maps like strand of the ancients could do with this, reward people with honor for damaging the gates or defusing bombs/killing demos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I dont like the idea of pulsing honor, but maybe they should up the 50% extra for defending to 100% extra for kills.

They should just also make battleground objectives give more honor, cap a flag in wsg? 150 honor for the flag carrier and 50 honor for rest of team or something, or give AP/reward box for certain objectives to encourage people to take part in them. Maps like strand of the ancients could do with this, reward people with honor for damaging the gates or defusing bombs/killing demos

I like your perspective. Perhaps for Arathi, have a stacking aura for 25% bonus honor (Per flag the enemy team has, 50% for Gilnaes) when you are in the vicinity of an enemy controlled flag and 50% for when defending. Reduce the range on which honor is distributed to the team, to encourage more team play.

Yeah, they need to give better rewards for correct gameplay.

Give honor (for both the player doing it and the ones close to it):
    For flag captures and flag returns.
    For defending/capturing a base.
    For causing damage/downing gates.

Honor per killings should be halved during the match, but then doubled (and given to the entire team) if the team wins.
    Example: If you'd normally get 50 honor for killings over a BG, you'd get 25 Honor. However, if your team wins, everyone in it get an extra 25 honor at the end of the match).

Extra honor should be rewarded per score at the end of the match, even in a loss. Maybe extra honor when the score reaches 500 and 1,000.
    I see people giving up early on a match, when they could at least try to increase the score.

They should change Capture the Flag for a 1,500 score. Each flag capture would give 500 points, but other actions (taking the enemy flag, returning a flag and so on) could give small quantity of points (5 per taking/returning, 1 per enemy killed). While these actions wouldn't compete with capturing a flag, they could be decisive at solving ties.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-04-17 at 04:05 PM.