Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I don't see the Marxists volunteering for anything that doesn't have Chipolte or an Iphone attached.

I love my country, but its hard to want to give a care about alot of the residents, we have #BLM shooting cops for no reason, and Trannys trying to go to the bathroom in a church with our daughters while Mom and Pop bakerys are driven out of business for not selling Dad and Dad cakes.

I find it hard to muster up a fuck to give about them. I hope they secede and find their all inclusive, high tax, big government nanny state that they coerce compliance at the barrel of a gun with and live in peace.

The only thing they have going for them is they are on paper part of my country.

Now try convincing a 23 year old from Missouri or Texas to give his life.
    Personally I respect our young people enough to think them capable of distinguishing between whiny idiots on social media and the 95% or so of the country that exists outside of the groups you described.

If they made a draft for a foreign conflict that doesn't really involve us (i.e. Vietnam), then I'll dodge the crap out of the draft. I don't see American soil being directly engaged in conflict, except maybe some of our military bases overseas, or our pacific island territory/State of Hawaii - so there should be no reason to draft people.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    I've always believed PT tests should be MOS based versus branch wide. Basically having to PT test your way into a specific MOS you want. The counter argument is that every solider is an infantryman first, therefore they should all receive the same test.
    The APFT for my MOS would be ridiculously easy if that were the case. Everyone needs to meet the weight limits and be able to hold their own in a fight. No ifs or buts. You being a liability to the guy to your right is not acceptable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Nah man! Those Call of Duty kids would rekt it out there!
    The weird bit is they might - the rise of drone warfare has begun. Robots rule war now. The AI isn't good enough to do threat assessment yet, but we may well begin to see remote-operated robotic infantry in the next major conflict.

Strap a machine gun on a small drone and rig it up to a Playstation controller, put a bunch of CoD-kids behind them, and cycle them between 12 hours a day of simulated combat, and 6 hours of daily fly-time (their usual basement-dwelling training regiment): and they'll be barrel rolling through buildings landing headshots like aimbots in a matter of months.

War is hell.

But just wait till it's full of shitlord 12 year olds literally teabagging your corpse IRL (truck nuts on their drones?).
    Nobody wants to be left out on the battlefield when that day becomes reality.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-04-11 at 11:41 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I can't be drafted. Not like they would draft anyways, they have a lot of people in the military already. Unless something is going to invade the US, I dont see them doing it anytime soon.

I don't see the Marxists volunteering for anything that doesn't have Chipolte or an Iphone attached.

I love my country, but its hard to want to give a care about alot of the residents, we have #BLM shooting cops for no reason, and Trannys trying to go to the bathroom in a church with our daughters while Mom and Pop bakerys are driven out of business for not selling Dad and Dad cakes.

I find it hard to muster up a fuck to give about them. I hope they secede and find their all inclusive, high tax, big government nanny state that they coerce compliance at the barrel of a gun with and live in peace.

The only thing they have going for them is they are on paper part of my country.

Now try convincing a 23 year old from Missouri or Texas to give his life.
    You could cherry pick any fringe group and say the same. Good job. I highly doubt any 23 year old from any state would want to go die in a war they never wanted, because Trump couldn't keep us out of conflicts.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    The APFT for my MOS would be ridiculously easy if that were the case. Everyone needs to meet the weight limits and be able to hold their own in a fight. No ifs or buts. You being a liability to the guy to your right is not acceptable.
    Height and weight for sure, but the current APFT allows those liabilities to exist in line units. If you can't meet a requirement you don't belong on the line, and ahould have never been put there in the first place. But since you can score 20 or 30 points per event (I don't remember) in basic and still go to your MOS creates that liability instead of reclassing them after basic.

They'd have to be really hard pressed to draft a psycho like me, and no. Probably won't see a draft in my lifetime unless get invaded by Ayys or something.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    I'm not arguing the efficiency of the draft in my previous post at all. However, how many soldiers have deployed straight out of basic / AIT? It would be the same situation with drafted folks. The key difference is between those that volunteered, and those that were voluntold.
    If you don't need a huge number of soldiers right this instant, then why draft at all? Given time to work with, you're way better off putting resources and training into someone proud to serve their country than someone who is hateful and resentful that they were stolen from their life and family. Drafting is for when you don't have time to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    If you don't need a huge number of soldiers right this instant, then why draft at all? Given time to work with, you're way better off putting resources and training into someone proud to serve their country than someone who is hateful and resentful that they were stolen from their life and family. Drafting is for when you don't have time to do it right.
    Again, I never said anything about drafting. I don't care for it, personally. If it ever happened we'd be in for a long ride. I was responding to modern warfare and how the continued need for boots on the ground hasn't really changed. But either way, they still go to basic. Their performance and motivation may lack where a volunteered soldiers is. However, it's pretty easy to mentally brake the current youth of today, so I don't see it being a huge issue. There comes a time where you just need more hands to fire guns, honestly. Fire superiority and show of force is extremely important in combat. Being able to maintain fire superiority means soldiers can maneuver on the field. You don't need to be that well trained to fire in a general direction, which is essentially what maintaining fire superiority is.

This thread is humorous.

If and when the draft gets reinstated, you really don't have the option to decide if you are serving your country or not, you don't have a choice.

You either:

Perform your military obligation required by law within the country you reside
    Or
    Go to prison for the duration of the war plus a minimum of three years or maximum to life plus be charged with treason
    Or
    Leave the country and never come back.

You don't get an option to decide if you are serving or not, you either serve as you should or you become a criminal. Modern medicine has come such a long way the ailments from the last military drafts should not preclude anyone.

Jimmy Thick- Your gonna carry that weight.

No, because war doesn't heavily revolve around millions of boots on the ground anymore since the existence of new technology? Besides, I will show them my MMOCHAMP username and I will be deemed mentally unprepared for duty.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-04-12 at 01:54 AM.

Fun Fact: it pays off in spades, weapon exports, domestic production, tech advances, educations for .mil personnel. global control and dominance, wait till we start charging the UN and NATO for "protection" they've been glomming onto for years scott free.
    In almost no way does it pay off in spades.

USA military is one of the most financially inefficient organizations in the world.

It's not even a debate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post

Or
    Go to prison for the duration of the war plus a minimum of three years or maximum to life plus be charged with treason
    Or
    I'll have myself deliberately crippled in some way by a sympathetic doctor before I'll fight for a cause I don't believe in.

You should also know that if the civil disobedience is massive enough, no politician who wants to keep his job would vote for it.

Forcing someone to fight for something they don't believe in is a form of tyranny.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Wow...

First off, the first line I boldfaced - that's pretty much what Prison life is in a nutshell, and does that work all the time? Does that rehabilitate?
    except it isn't, because they are not in prison... They are in military service, and when not deployed, under probation, likely wearing a ankle monitor to make sure they keep out of trouble, out of jail... Plus they are getting paid as they would for regular military service.

Secondly, now you're threatening them with even more severe punishment?
    That "more punishment" is the same punishment anyone would get if they took that gun mentioned earlier which was insinuated they would do something bad with and say, shot their commanding officer with it, which would likely result in them getting shot themselves by other nearby soldiers who now fear for their safety after watching them gun down a friendly... or committed treason by defecting.

And no one is putting a gun to their heads, like I said, give them a choice: stay in prison, where they already are, and serve their sentence, or fight for their country and earn their freedom... No part of that is a threat, it's just an additional option.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-12 at 02:48 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    This thread is humorous.

If and when the draft gets reinstated, you really don't have the option to decide if you are serving your country or not, you don't have a choice.

You either:

Or
    Or

You don't get an option to decide if you are serving or not, you either serve as you should or you become a criminal. Modern medicine has come such a long way the ailments from the last military drafts should not preclude anyone.

Jimmy Thick- Your gonna carry that weight.
    Prison is preferable to dying for corporate greed.

Recently separated first term veterans are being recalled to active duty right now, regardless if they are in an inactive or drill status. First term meaning those who are still under their initial 8 year enlistment, as ALL first term enlistments into the military require an 8 year obligation. Following their active duty time, they spend the difference as a reservist, inactive unless they opt for drill status.

Drilling reservists are being mobilized on definite recalls. Some volunteering, some being voluntold.

That is happening now.

On another note, our total available manpower includes active military, selected reserve, guard and civilian sector. As of 2016, that number was just shy of 2.9 million.

If we had an absolute shortage of manpower after utilizing everything we actively have available, which it'd take an actual world war to accomplish, they'd reach out to those who were downsized in recent years. Those who were included in downsizing efforts were more often than not in good standing on their contract. Their contracts were terminated early by big DoD after their names were pulled from a hat by "Enlisted Review Boards" based on a wide variety of understandable to (mostly) bullshit reasons. That group was paid a nice severance package based on their time served, but they'd still be contacted first before we engage in any draft.

Beyond that, then sure.. a draft. Again, we're talking an actual world war to make that happen though.

Source - 10 years military, now a reservist and govt contractor.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Well do you?
    No. We are a fully volunteer army. And with the inclusion of Openly Gay acceptance and females in combat roles it doesn't look like there would be a need to draft those too cowardly to volunteer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    Recently separated first term veterans are being recalled to active duty right now, regardless if they are in an inactive or drill status. First term meaning those who are still under their initial 8 year enlistment, as ALL first term enlistments into the military require an 8 year obligation. Following their active duty time, they spend the difference as a reservist, inactive unless they opt for drill status.

Drilling reservists are being mobilized on definite recalls. Some volunteering, some being voluntold.

That is happening now.
    Quote your references. Drilling reservist, combat MOS, no change to my schedule.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Well do you?
    What are you on about? What wars? Who is "we"? What side are we supposed to be on?

If you mean Russia, you have lost your mind if you think two nuclear capable nations would bother to have a war against each other. Nobody can win that; just one side can lose less.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What are you on about? What wars? Who is "we"? What side are we supposed to be on?

If you mean Russia, you have lost your mind if you think two nuclear capable nations would bother to have a war against each other. Nobody can win that; just one side can lose less.
    I'm assuming Russia due to tensions with Syria (us attacking Syria, Syria being a Russian patsy/puppet/ally, etc.) and China (them building islands in major shipping lanes that were previously owned by no one and the U.S. being forced to protect allies/shipping interests).