Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magictricks View Post
    i can confirm that opening blue items increases your BLP, i got my 7th legendary about a week early and the ONLY thing i did differently was that i farmed outside of TOS for about 10 hours before they nerfed it and must have opened about 60 to 80 blue tokens.

I dont know if opening blue is better the purple or not, i'm just confirming that blue does up your BLP.
    How did you confirm anything? You just got an item, that doesn't prove anything.

Got my 5th legendary the other day. I had recently tried a few Dauntless bracers with no luck. Then, soon after, got them off of Spellblade Auluriel. Could just be luck of the draw, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had some (6 Trinket) Dauntless drops from mobs, will using those increase the chance of getting a legendary item in one of those slots?
    Hope not since i don't want the trinket!

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I had some (6 Trinket) Dauntless drops from mobs, will using those increase the chance of getting a legendary item in one of those slots?
    Hope not since i don't want the trinket!
    Nah i used like 2 rel bracers and 1 gloves before doing lfr where I got the trinket. Dw its gonna find its way to you with or without the tokens

Why would any1 want leggies for a dead broken spec?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    That depends entirely on what content you do.
    Fire sucks for st raiding but is fine in mythic + runs.

On topic: so opened loot that is dropped by mobs doesnt matter for leggy?

Fire is good for m+ up to +6/7, when things start getting tougher and tanks can't do 20 mob pulls fire falls behind, also gl with fire on tyrannical bosses with that shitterrible single target
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I popped a ton of emissaries, supply bags and saved up dauntless tokens --> 3x vanquished bracers (fire) with no effect earlier in the weekend when I saw some friends having great success. I then saved up 2 more emissaries, a 4 more dauntless tokens and 4 supply bags and 3 more vanquished bracers (fire) hoping to get the bracers in round 2.

I spent a massive amount of time farming all this.

Round 2: popped the dauntless tokens, supply bags and then on the 2nd emissary chest got Kilj Garbage of Burning Wish and almost deleted the game off my computer. Popped the vanquished bracers out of anger after that and logged.

Spent the morning trying to figure the frost rotation, but dont have a good handle on it. But yah Fire Dreams seem over for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    I popped a ton of emissaries, supply bags and saved up dauntless tokens --> 3x vanquished bracers (fire) with no effect earlier in the weekend when I saw some friends having great success. I then saved up 2 more emissaries, a 4 more dauntless tokens and 4 supply bags and 3 more vanquished bracers (fire) hoping to get the bracers in round 2.

I spent a massive amount of time farming all this.

Round 2: popped the dauntless tokens, supply bags and then on the 2nd emissary chest got Kilj Garbage of Burning Wish and almost deleted the game off my computer. Popped the vanquished bracers out of anger after that and logged.

Spent the morning trying to figure the frost rotation, but dont have a good handle on it. But yah Fire Dreams seem over for now.
    Start frosting, its the only solution

Deleted
    I got the bracers tonight but I really need a way to know when to use the proc. I got the bracers from just playing the game alot. Just by doing max level content, no mythic plus stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    How did you confirm anything? You just got an item, that doesn't prove anything.
    what?, since the begging of the expansion i have been getting a legendary every 6 weeks like clockwork, i do the same shit every week so the time frame makes sence, last week i farmed nether shards and opened a ton of blue items and then magically got my legendary a week early?, yeah ok, it was just random.

what?, since the begging of the expansion i have been getting a legendary every 6 weeks like clockwork, i do the same shit every week so the time frame makes sence, last week i farmed nether shards and opened a ton of blue items and then magically got my legendary a week early?, yeah ok, it was just random.
    Yes you just literally described how RNG works. lol

You're right it's random

Deleted
    well the legendary rules for getting legendaries also changed in 7.2, so instead of being an overall class thing, it is now a spec specific thing, which should greeatly increase your chance to get legendaries if you were say fire prior to nighthold and only had fire specfic legendaries(fire bracers, belt helm etc.) and then switched to frost you would literally count as not having gotten any legendaries at all.

What is relinquished and purple token? Where do I get it? Is it Mage specific only? Sorry, Noob here.

Theoretically if you did the same thing every week, say 10/10 NH Heroic+Emissaryx7+Mythic to get the max reward, which I think many many people do then your time between legendaries should be getting shorter naturally because:
    1.) removed diminishing returns after no 3
    2.) been gradually increasing the rate of drops with each patch
    So the fact someone gets a drop earlier than previously is actually expected, not an indicator of anything.

Im not a huge of fan sinking 6-8+ hours a week into heroic EN, ToV, normal NH and all the LFRs when I barely get a WF/TF upgrade from Heroic NH maybe every other week. Would rather spend that time on alts.

What I can confirm:
    1.) There is no hidden coded "Santa's Christmas List" system, meaning if you pop a ton of vanquished tokens for a specific slot you dont then get that specific slot's legendary from a normal source for legendaries as some secret bonus.
    2.) The BLP for the character is churned by ALL sources that drop legendaries, including tokens.
    3.) BLP is not spec specific, but character specific meaning it doesnt really matter what your loot spec is set to when you are churning the BLP through your normal activities (raiding, popping emissary chests etc) only matters when the legendary drops.
    4.) The generic mage and all-class legendaries are absolutely a HORRIFIC double edged disaster as they are weakest legendaries in terms of DPS AND cut down on your chances of gearing up an off spec. Bel. Chest, Nog Boots, Necklace, Kil Burning Wish and Sephuz are nightmare gifts that keep on giving for literally month after month. At least garbage spec specific legendaries such as Pyro gloves do not hurt your chances of working on an off spec.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to walk back the definitive "no hidden Santa Christmas List" comment as I popped my Kirin Tor chest today just a few days after my last Legendary and the got the Bracers so "Fire is back on the menu" for me.
    Last edited by SFBayGamer; 2017-04-12 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    Theoretically if you did the same thing every week, say 10/10 NH Heroic+Emissaryx7+Mythic to get the max reward, which I think many many people do then your time between legendaries should be getting shorter naturally because:
    1.) removed diminishing returns after no 3
    2.) been gradually increasing the rate of drops with each patch
    So the fact someone gets a drop earlier than previously is actually expected, not an indicator of anything.

Im not a huge of fan sinking 6-8+ hours a week into heroic EN, ToV, normal NH and all the LFRs when I barely get a WF/TF upgrade from Heroic NH maybe every other week. Would rather spend that time on alts.

What I can confirm:
    1.) There is no hidden coded "Santa's Christmas List" system, meaning if you pop a ton of vanquished tokens for a specific slot you dont then get that specific slot's legendary from a normal source for legendaries as some secret bonus.
    2.) The BLP for the character is churned by ALL sources that drop legendaries, including tokens.
    3.) BLP is not spec specific, but character specific meaning it doesnt really matter what your loot spec is set to when you are churning the BLP through your normal activities (raiding, popping emissary chests etc) only matters when the legendary drops.
    4.) The generic mage and all-class legendaries are absolutely a HORRIFIC double edged disaster as they are weakest legendaries in terms of DPS AND cut down on your chances of gearing up an off spec. Bel. Chest, Nog Boots, Necklace, Kil Burning Wish and Sephuz are nightmare gifts that keep on giving for literally month after month. At least garbage spec specific legendaries such as Pyro gloves do not hurt your chances of working on an off spec.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to walk back the definitive "no hidden Santa Christmas List" comment as I popped my Kirin Tor chest today just a few days after my last Legendary and the got the Bracers so "Fire is back on the menu" for me.
    I opened around 30~40 relinquished bracers last week and just got shard of exodar from a keystone chest yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Significantly better to buy Relinq than dauntless. Buying 12 dauntless, has a lower chance to get you a legendary than a relinquished piece. Because relinq is brokenly high atm.
    0/20 relinquished so far....what's the definition of brokenly high?

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    0/20 relinquished so far....what's the definition of brokenly high?
    It's like 1.5% or something, which is much higher than most situations, but unsure if that has been nerfed since the first week.

But also, lmao thinking what has happened to you, has any meaning in the grand scheme of rng.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    I opened around 30~40 relinquished bracers last week and just got shard of exodar from a keystone chest yesterday
    30-40 880 ilvl bracers? Holy crap! I felt bad having opened 20ish total before getting my bracers. Keep faith though, it will happen.