Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    They probably won't control it directly, but they will most likely tack on sin taxes in much the same way as alcohol or cigarettes. Which will obviously have an impact on how stores price it.

Its just driving people away, I have several friends who say they won't swap who they buy from if the price is fixed.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit, I fucked up.

This is a "Notice Paper" and not an "Order Paper".

Apparantly Notice Papers are for 48 hour notices, and Order Papers are same day. The bill most likely wont be introduced until tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Its just driving people away, I have several friends who say they won't swap who they buy from if the price is fixed.
    Most people will be willing to pay a bit of a premium for the convenience and legality of it, as long as it's not too ridiculous.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual smokers may be a minority but the vast majority approve of drug reform (either decriminalizing or full legalization)
    Oh I am one of them. I approve the principle of the bill but I recognize its practical effect might be lesser than its symbolic impact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    First heroin and now marijuana, what's next?
    A fair and intelligent democratic electoral system.

Justin Trudeau: "JK LOL NEVERRRR"

QQ
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    A fair and intelligent democratic electoral system.

Justin Trudeau: "JK LOL NEVERRRR"

QQ
    One day, hopefully.

Jumping the gun a bit to post this since it's not 3 yet, but still exciting:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicati...&File=12&Col=1

Some information regarding the proposed legislation that was leaked to the CBC (not confirmed yet):

• Proposed legislation will largely follow the recommendations of the Task Force assigned to research the legalization process
    • Personal transport is limited to 30g
    • Can grow up to 4 plants for personal use
    • Federal government will be in charge of licensing
    • Federal minimum age to buy set to 18, but provinces can raise it
    • Provincial government will be in charge of pricing and distribution

I will update this post with more info once the bill is introduced.

Edit: I fucked up, the bill will be introduced tomorrow.
    Isn't it funny how, when the citizens get themselves in agreement on an issue, how quickly governments move to match public sentiment? After the gay marriage bans started to fall, I called it then that marijuana laws would quickly follow, since both issues have widespread public agreement. When politicians can't pit the issue against their opponent, and can't get a kick back, they just do w/e the public wants.

Most people will be willing to pay a bit of a premium for the convenience and legality of it, as long as it's not too ridiculous.
    Also, quality control. Customers will know exactly what they are getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Oh I am one of them. I approve the principle of the bill but I recognize its practical effect might be lesser than its symbolic impact.
    The practical effect is probably going to be greater than you think. Legalized recreational use takes a lot of the stigma out of it. This won't just affect recreational users...it will affect medicinal users as well.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Also, quality control. Customers will know exactly what they are getting.

- - - Updated - - -

The practical effect is probably going to be greater than you think. Legalized recreational use takes a lot of the stigma out of it. This won't just affect recreational users...it will affect medicinal users as well.
    It'll affect everyone due to the extra delicious, delicious tax dollars.

It'll affect everyone due to the extra delicious, delicious tax dollars.
    Those will be yum yum indeed
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Those will be yum yum indeed
    Mental note: Buy stock in Tim Hortons. Doritos is also possibly gonna go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Mental note: Buy stock in Tim Hortons. Doritos is also possibly gonna go up.
    Buy stock in first publicly traded Marijuana Supplier.

Smoking weed will most likely follow the same laws regarding smoking cigarettes so there wont be much issue regarding smoking around others who don't enjoy it.
    That's what I believe as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wow, nice to hear good news out of Canada for once. Wish my country would legalise it, just think of the money...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    prostitution!
    Vorarephilia.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

While I personally don't partake, I really think the US should legalize MJ.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Press conference today at 1:05 ET. CBC will cover it live.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mari...bill-1.4069178

IMO if alcohol is legal then marijuana should be legal. Marijuana is no more addictive, unhealthy, or physically/mentally impairing than alcohol. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really care for smoking weed. I've tried it a few times and it's never really seemed to do anything to me. If I want to get fucked up I'll just drink.

Also, I've heard of many other uses for hemp like being able to create biodegradable plastics from it. Hemp seeds are supposed to be good for you too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe canadas onto something, make pot free, give it to all incoming migrants, have them chill out on it, and their far less likely to form anti-whatevercountrytheyflockto-groups.

Pot, the answer to all lifes problems.. except the smell, pot smells like shit.
    #boycottchina

If we're lucky all drugs will be at the very least decriminalized for possession.
    I would disagree. There are certain drugs which nothing good ever comes of their use. Heroin and crystal meth, for example. If a drug consumes the lives of a significant portion of the people who use it then it should be illegal to possess and distribute.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated info, everything in the OP is confirmed.

Some new info:

• Edibles and oil will be allowed to be sold
    • Can be fined for carrying over the carry limit of 30g
    • 14 years in prison for illegal distribution or sale
    • Youth targeted marketing will be prohibited
    • Self-serve or vending machine vendor will be prohibited
    • $1000 fine to life imprisonment for driving within 2 hours of being above the legal blood limit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    I would disagree. There are certain drugs which nothing good ever comes of their use. Heroin and crystal meth, for example. If a drug consumes the lives of a significant portion of the people who use it then it should be illegal to possess and distribute.
    And prohibition does not work to prevent people from using drugs. The entire war on drugs is a failure.

At least with all drugs decriminalized addicts won't be stuck with a criminal record that will further ruin their life and drive them closer to an escape (more drugs). Portugal has decriminalized all drugs and have reported nothing but good news about the decision.