Prot warrior: Best legendary combo in 7.2

Hi all,

Just curious on everyone's opinion on best legendary combo in 7.2 for raiding.

I personally think the previous king (gloves/bracer combo) falls a bit shy of gloves/belt combo now that the belt reduces CD of demo by 3.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by flurg87 View Post
    Hi all,

Just curious on everyone's opinion on best legendary combo in 7.2 for raiding.

I personally think the previous king (gloves/bracer combo) falls a bit shy of gloves/belt combo now that the belt reduces CD of demo by 3.

Any thoughts?
    Belt was the best DPS option if you went proper talents for it even back then.

It's probably not BiS but I've been absolutely loving the Bracers/Ring combo. I got lucky with the bracers as my first legendary and the ring is my 4th (after 1 utility and 1 dps legendary) and I've been very happy with the pairing of them. I primarily do Mythic+ so that probably plays into why I like them so much, as the shield wall benefit is very beneficial in Mythic+ dungeons. The extra rage from SS just feeds into my bracers healing which is already substantial.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebron View Post
    It's probably not BiS but I've been absolutely loving the Bracers/Ring combo. I got lucky with the bracers as my first legendary and the ring is my 4th (after 1 utility and 1 dps legendary) and I've been very happy with the pairing of them. I primarily do Mythic+ so that probably plays into why I like them so much, as the shield wall benefit is very beneficial in Mythic+ dungeons. The extra rage from SS just feeds into my bracers healing which is already substantial.
    The ring can be overly situational i think, but, as you said, in M+ it can be more useful. That being said, the new trinket from Kiljaeden will make the ring substantially more valuable, as you can potentially have a 68 second SW, and as others have mathed out, you can have that 68 sec SW roughly every 2 min... It's purely defensive, so of course really only best when pushing super high M+ or cutting edge raiding, but I think I'll still be leaning towards damage output. Gloves and belt are prob best unless you can't trust your heals, then i'd say go for the bracers and use either belt or gloves, depending on heavy AoE or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    The ring can be overly situational i think, but, as you said, in M+ it can be more useful. That being said, the new trinket from Kiljaeden will make the ring substantially more valuable, as you can potentially have a 68 second SW, and as others have mathed out, you can have that 68 sec SW roughly every 2 min... It's purely defensive, so of course really only best when pushing super high M+ or cutting edge raiding, but I think I'll still be leaning towards damage output. Gloves and belt are prob best unless you can't trust your heals, then i'd say go for the bracers and use either belt or gloves, depending on heavy AoE or not.

Sorry, are you talking about Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish and The Walls Fell? How does the trinket affect the SW cooldown with the ring?
    Last edited by Jebron; 2017-04-12 at 08:27 PM.

Sorry, are you talking about Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish and The Walls Fell? How does the trinket affect the SW cooldown with the ring?
    The new regular trinket, not legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    The new regular trinket, not legendary.
    Interesting, I haven't seen any of the new gear. Are you talking about ToS loot? Have a link to the trinket?

7+ Year Old Account
    No idea how to do your fancy loot linking lol, but it's this trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=147026/s...=3561#comments

From the first comment for how the buff applies to each class:

The spell affected for each class is:

Death Knight - Icebound Fortitude - 55 sec cooldown reduction or 10.5 sec extension per stack
    Demon Hunter - Metamorphosis - 45 sec cooldown reduction or 20.5 sec extension per stack
    Druid - Survival Instincts - 35 sec cooldown reduction or 30.5 sec extension per stack
    Monk - Fortifying Brew - 25 sec cooldown reduction or 40.5 sec extension per stack
    Paladin - Guardian of Ancient Kings - 10 sec cooldown reduction or 5 sec extension per stack
    Warrior - Shield Wall - 2.5 sec cooldown reduction or 6 sec extension per stack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    No idea how to do your fancy loot linking lol, but it's this trinket Shifting Cosmic Sliver
    Use wowdb links, not WoWhead. (Click on 'Forum Link' in quick info to the right)

Deleted
    Mannoroth/Walls Fell/Prydaz are good for raid progression.

Thundergods for M+/add fights (or Mannoroth, depending on level and affixes (grievous, necrotic)

Kakushan's with any/all of the above, of course. You get the gloves, no reason to ever remove them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Use wowdb links, not WoWhead. (Click on 'Forum Link' in quick info to the right)
    Hey thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got like most leggies. Bracers and hands combo wins. More rage from hands to spend on bracers self heal.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

bracers and waist wins for m+. more demo-shout resets, more dps, more rage (bv), more fun.