Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ANd lets get involved in the ME even more at the same time 2 fronts always works!
    I mean the US fought a 3 way war in WW2 if you count D-Day and the Italian campaign separately, and at least in the Pacific we were basically on our own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Lol you guys, they are just flexing their military cocks. This happens every year.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    “We will hold the US wholly accountable for the catastrophic consequences to be entailed by its outrageous actions,” North Korea’s state-run Korean Central News Agency quoted a foreign ministry spokesman as saying.
    They sure do like their adjectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

The US is not going to start it.
    And the US will be seen as liberators, and they US will have the troops home in a few weeks, and the US will find some good ole WMDs. the US is pretty good at starting the war, so far, it sucks at the aftermath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    North Korea might toss a nuke at somebody (probably Seoul, sorry Seoul) but then they'll get turned into glass in return. Fleets probably won't do anything other than help South Koreans.
    I hope SK has some kind of "Iron Dome" system similar to Israel's, which has been successful at intercepting a great number of rockets fired into Israel by terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I mean the US fought a 3 way war in WW2 if you count D-Day and the Italian campaign separately, and at least in the Pacific we were basically on our own.
    I mean do most people?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the US needs China for its manufacturing. Its a 2 way street. and NK needs China for protection. If the US stays away and Nk cant do anything and the US wont do anything, well there ya go.
    A show of force can sometimes be necessary. The US will not start a war, but if N.Korea attacks, they will be in a position to end it. The US has a right to be in any friendly water and international waters there. Remember it is the N.Koreans who are doing the warnings and threats. Even before Trump was elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    A show of force can sometimes be necessary. The US will not start a war, but if N.Korea attacks, they will be in a position to end it. The US has a right to be in any friendly water and international waters there. Remember it is the N.Koreans who are doing the warnings and threats. Even before Trump was elected.
    And dont forget the odds of NK doing anything are low. gotta love that EPEEN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    North Korea isn't going to start it either. They're also not the ones moving war ships towards other nations.
    Well then. There should not be one.

- - - Updated - - -

And dont forget the odds of NK doing anything are low. gotta love that EPEEN
    Even lower if they have a force not too far from them ready to strike back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    China had the most troops involved in the pacific front. Granted they were losing.

There was also the Aussies and Kiwis involved there.

And of course the Russians.

Then why are we sending a bunch of warships over?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Even lower if they have a force not too far from them ready to strike back.
    Which means the usual saber rattling crap with people justifying that a war would be okay because China will handle the aftermath

- - - Updated - - -

China had the most troops involved in the pacific front. Granted they were losing.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH the US handled WW2 alone. Captain America and Superman beat up Hitler.

10+ Year Old Account

Then why are we sending a bunch of warships over?
    Kind of like the show of force of thousands of police at the GOP convention in Cleveland last year. It helped to keep it a peaceful event.

Kind of like the show of force of thousands of police at the GOP convention in Cleveland last year. It helped to keep it a peaceful event.
    NK's not going to do anything. All they ever do is taunt and mess around with missiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    NK's not going to do anything. All they ever do is taunt and mess around with missiles.
    And I hope that is all they do. But I do not trust that leader of theirs any further than I could throw him. But I do agree to the point, there is not going to be a actual war there.

Yes, a reality check. Here is the reality. The US hasnt fought for anything other than some jackass's profit for the last 70 years or so. You are just being manipulated into supporting destabilization of countries so said jackass can profit from it.
    The US is a global empire, no doubt, but to say what they do now is just for profit is incomplete. They do destabilize some, and they strengthen others. Their entire foreign policy is to keep the rest of the world fighting against each other so no other global power can arise. Is this done for profit? In part, yes. There's no doubt US energy firms have profited hugely from having access to global markets that is granted by the military empire of the US. But I would not say that the policy itself is designed to pursue wealth, wealth is a byproduct of it. The real aim is to preserve the US mainland longterm by preventing another power from rising.

IMO the biggest threat in Asia the US is worried about longterm is Japan. They are the only other naval power in the world, and their archipelago status dictates that they will require huge amounts of imported goods and energy to function. If something causes their supply chains to break down, particularly their energy chain from the Persian Gulf, they are going to become aggressive to rescue them. And they are one country that actually can do some damage when they become aggressive, much more so than China or Korea.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    The US is a global empire, no doubt, but to say what they do now is just for profit is incomplete. They do destabilize some, and they strengthen others. Their entire foreign policy is to keep the rest of the world fighting against each other so no other global power can arise. Is this done for profit? In part, yes. There's no doubt US energy firms have profited hugely from having access to global markets that is granted by the military empire of the US. But I would not say that the policy itself is designed to pursue wealth, wealth is a byproduct of it. The real aim is to preserve the US mainland longterm by preventing another power from rising.

IMO the biggest threat in Asia the US is worried about longterm is Japan. They are the only other naval power in the world, and their archipelago status dictates that they will require huge amounts of imported goods and energy to function. If something causes their supply chains to break down, particularly their energy chain from the Persian Gulf, they are going to become aggressive to rescue them. And they are one country that actually can do some damage when they become aggressive, much more so than China or Korea.
    Boi they did a great job on this in all honesty... short run at total dominance. And boi did that destabilization lead to some great losses... of trillions of public dollars, but not the private

Why would you even make that analogy? Is using armed police to intimidate American citizens at a partisan political rally a good thing to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Why would you even make that analogy? Is using armed police to intimidate American citizens at a partisan political rally a good thing to you?
    Yes /10chars
    /s

Boi they did a great job on this in all honesty... short run at total dominance. And boi did that destabilization lead to some great losses... of trillions of public dollars, but not the private
    War profiteering happens, always has probably always will. I don't like it either. That said, its a relatively small part of the puzzle.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

And I hope that is all they do. But I do not trust that leader of theirs any further than I could throw him. But I do agree to the point, there is not going to be a actual war there.
    I don't trust Trump with his itchy trigger finger.