Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Normal people get off the plane when airline staff tell them to do. Not doing so is illegal. And if you make them call the cops, the best you can hope for is getting manhandled out of there.

Guy should be real grateful he's not in jail.
    United had no legal standing to remove him. He was well within his rights to refuse. United broke their own contract and had the man assaulted. Also, there were no cops involved, just security.

United should be grateful if all they lose is a few million from the lawsuit.

I'm sorry you think a man standing up for himself and his rights should be in jail.

Normal people get off the plane when airline staff tell them to do. Not doing so is illegal. And if you make them call the cops, the best you can hope for is getting manhandled out of there.

Apparently you United shills are stuck in write-only mode, but hey, I can just copy-paste what I've posted.

Aviation law expert Arthur Wolk, the founding partner of the Wolk Law Firm in Philadelphia, thinks Dao could bring a lawsuit in the millions of dollars.

First, Wolk believes the airline breached its own contract by removing Dao. Having read United's contract of carriage in its entirety, Wolk thinks Dao could sue for assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional disturbance, and may also have grounds to sue under various civil rights acts, in addition to that breach of contract.

"There is nothing in that contract that gives United the right to commit an assault and battery on a passenger," he told me over the phone.

"This is not a denied boarding incident, which is covered by the contract; this man was already boarded. This is not an oversold incident, as provided for by the contract; this airplane was not oversold every passenger was ticketed and had a seat.

"This was not a situation where the passenger was unruly, committed a criminal act, interfered with the flight crew, was incapable of being a passenger by himself or anything of that nature, obviously until they attempted to physically throw him off the airplane.

"So to me, United Airlines breached their own contract of carriage."
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boarding_(transport)

"Boarding is the entry of passengers onto a vehicle, usually in public transportation. Boarding starts with entering the vehicle and ends with the seating of each passenger and closure of the doors. The term is used in road, water and air transport (for example, passengers board a coach)."
    Congratulation on continuing to cite the definition for the wrong thing despite being told several times.

its surfaced they drug people of the plane to accommodate flying their own employees. There is no excuse United can come up with the explain it away. They majorly screwed up and will have to ride out the bad PR for awhile. IT sounds like the Dr has a criminal history that people keep bringing up on the news. Which is irrelevant IMO. It has nothing to do with anything.

Being On-Board isn't the same as Boarding. That's the point.
    Bording as a process for the staff manning a plane and as process for the passengers isn't the same either. That is the point you keep trying to avoid.
    Relevant for this case is the process for the passengers, not the one you keep bringing up. It has been pointed out to you and there have been sources of lawyers saying so been linked in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use gogle translate to see in english:
    http://www.24ur.com/novice/svet/mora...nadaljuje.html

Seems like the doc is gona sue after all. He is also 69 years old. So yeah, they were trowing a old man out of a plane and old people are not so easy to be ordered araund.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

You mean the lawyers that posted on Reddit? I'll wait till this actually goes to court and we get real facts on the airlines contract, and if what they did was illegal.
    This lawyer:
    http://www.townandcountrymag.com/lei...ited-law-suit/

It was linked multiple times in this thread, but I guess it's hard to read when you're too busy shilling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Use gogle translate to see in english:
    http://www.24ur.com/novice/svet/mora...nadaljuje.html

Seems like the doc is gona sue after all. He is also 69 years old. So yeah, they were trowing a old man out of a plane and old people are not so easy to be ordered araund.
    Who wouldn't sue if they were assaulted for simply trying to fly home?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    This lawyer:
    http://www.townandcountrymag.com/lei...ited-law-suit/

It was linked multiple times in this thread, but I guess it's hard to read when you're too busy shilling.

- - - Updated - - -

Who wouldn't sue if they were assaulted for simply trying to fly home?
    People who got the money before lawsuit?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Normal airlines (or companies in general) don't kick people of planes who are just mining their own businesses.

Stop trolling.

This is no different from saying "Students must do what the teacher says."

It doesn't say what the teacher can do when the students disobey.
    I don't think the teacher can hit a student.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made me snicker....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Well is seems that terrible behaviour by United staff when overbooking happens is not that rare:

http://www.latimes.com/business/laza...412-story.html

I mean I could understand it somehow to us in cattle class, but trying the same crap in first?
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/travel...eak/index.html
    Dao suffered "a significant concussion as a result of disembarking that plane," Demetrio said in a news conference in Chicago.
    He also lost two front teeth, has a broken nose and incurred injuries to his sinuses, and will be "undergoing reconstructive surgery in that regard," Demetrio said.
    ya like there was ever any doubt he was going to sue them...

I would like to see the airlines raked over the coals for overbooking, seems they are gambling to make more money from no shows (even if this was not a entirely a overbooking issue in this case) but with gambling you should be prepared to lose, if the amount they were offering didn't get any takers even if it was the Min that the passenger could ask for, to keep the peace they need to sweeten the pot some before going all gun-ho.

You mean the lawyers that posted on Reddit? I'll wait till this actually goes to court and we get real facts on the airlines contract, and if what they did was illegal.
    We don't need to go that far. What they did was very extremely morally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Well is seems that terrible behaviour by United staff when overbooking happens is not that rare:

http://www.latimes.com/business/laza...412-story.html

I mean I could understand it somehow to us in cattle class, but trying the same crap in first?
    I hate it when they blame ''training'' on the problem since they are actually following the training.

It;s not the people on the ground that allow those tickets to be sold it's the top that say ''sell those 110 tickets for those 100 seats''

10+ Year Old Account
    Concussion, broken nose, two missing teeth. Lawyers confirm a lawsuit is pending.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay so just read something from the Finnish news. Just couple of things that I thought were ridiculous. First: the doctors' daughter is called Crystal Dao Pepper. What kind of name is that?!

Second, the man said his experience on that plane was worse than what he endured in the Vietnam war - culminating in his escape from Saigon in 1975.

This shit is unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/scorp...o-calgary.html

Now they are taking to more devious ways to get passengers to "volunteer" to get off the plane
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Hilarious to have witnessed some people arguing that the man having a concussion wasn't even likely and blaming his mumbling afterwards on some sort of mental instability.

I mean, not hilarious that he suffered these injuries, but...y'know...

Being On-Board isn't the same as Boarding. That's the point.
    The only point you have is the one on top of your head.