Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thanks for tips, at 896 fire mage I'll probably have to wait for more gear!

Just finished it with 905 equipped ele shammy.
    Used legendaries: Roots of shaladrassil and sephuz secret
    Used talents: Totem mastery, Ancestral guidance, lightning surge totem, ancestral swiftness, elemental blast, liquid magma totem and lightning rod
    I BLed at start to push her into second phase so i could better adds as you can easily slow/stun/thunderstorm them away from Agatha. When they got closer I cleared them with liquid magma and chain lightnings. Save Stormkeeper for the little spawned imps you should also make macro for target the Umbral Imps as they needs to die asap.
    I found easier to leave the edges without shits from little imps coz i was hiding there before the meteors.
    After she starts teleports you can easily kite imps, dont forget to use your stone elemental when you feels you need it and you can cast fire elemental twice if you cast it at the beginning.

Overall i had roughly 35 tries with 290M dmg on the kill

Deleted

it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by Selluth View Post
    Can't find another Fire Mage doing it, but it's definitely doable. You just need to be fortunate(?) enough to have the legendary chest.

twitch.tv/videos/133265492
    908ilvl, 41 traits
    Sorry can't post links.
    Did it as 904 fire mage with koralons and marquee bindings! so it's definitely possible just hard!

Fir feral: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6012

Druid discord has a lot of discussion as well.

[QUOTE=Amorfirion;45251415]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    just searched youtube for outlaw video and found this guy

Heya, thanks for linking my video here, i tried posting earlier but i made a new MMO account earlier today and it won't let me post links yet.
    Hey, what roll the bones addon are u using or weakaura? can u link?
    thx and awesome vid

Did it as unholy. The pet grip is what finally got me the kill. I had been interrupting one and gripping the other healing adds. Gripping both to melee is key, so you can just cleave them down while jamming on the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Another UH DK Checking in. Was 899 or 900 ilvl equipped when I did it.
    Here's a complete setup, including legendaries that I used:
    Ebon Fever, Epidemic, Clawing Shadows, Debilitating Infestation, Spell Eater, Infected Claws, Defile.
    Legendaries: Death March, The Instructor's fourth Lesson.

Let's go over why I picked these. Ebon Fever, Epidemic and Debilitating Infestation are the Trifecta for add control. Adds come up, you dot them, and the more of them there are [Like when they all spawn at some points later in the fight at once.] The more they do to each other when you epi-spam. It really made kiting the fuming as well as killing them/other adds all at the same time possible.
    Spell Eater can be really good for keeping yourself up just by soaking loads of damage, especially when she moves to the other side of the room and spawns adds. It can really save your babbish.
    Clawing Shadows is just good right now, plus the range on it gives you a lot more control of where you're standing which is huge as soon as meteors start standing, as well as how much movement this fight demands. The infected claws/defile combo is even more aoe/add damage, add in the death march you can have some pretty high uptimes if you play it right. The extra damage on dark-succor'd death strikes isn't bad either, since you'll need to do that a lot to stay alive.
    If you don't have instructor's 4th lesson, most other legendaries should work for you, I didn't find that legendary to be hugely important for this fight, at least not as much as death march was.
    Just dot adds as they come out, kite the fuming with debilitating, epidemic 2 times on most double-spawns, save 1 charge so that you've always got one in pocket.
    Definitely use apocalypse to burst her bubble, kick her on the way out to deal with the empowering/healing imps. You -really- want to kill those blazing imps, they do deceptive damage that ramps up very quickly.
    So yeah, control the adds, and you'll win the fight. It's really not about how fast you kill her all the time, but how well you control all the imps.
    Good luck, and have as much fun as I did DKs.

Got this as 896 ilvl fire mage.

Trinkets : Burning sky (normal)
    Pharamere grimoire (heroic)

Legs : Darckli (helm) + Koralon (belt)

talents : 2111313

Strat:

Use all your CD including BL, Meteor, Combustion, Mirror image, Phoenix(x3), Pharamere & Living bomb(as it will kill the first imps) at pull.

Only keep Dragon's breath for healers imps.

U must set the boss at ~ 67% before the first shield.
    when your meteor is ~ 5 sec remaing CD, keep a pyroblast proc, a phoenix and a fire blast.

When she use her first shield, u must deny it as quickly as possible as she will spawn shadow imps that imune her. other spawns will be less critical.
    Try to kick her before. If you aren't enable to, you are probably fucked up, but you can try killing them quickly by using pharamere, lb and dragon's breath.

Kills most of the small imps she spawn that want to explode on u. You don't want the room to be flooded at p2.

Always keep your pharamere for shadow/flamming imps spawn. use it in combination with lb.
    Try to keep your Dragons breath for healers. finish them with single target spells. Scorch help alot with Koralon here. it has a great dps and give you procs to dmg Agatha.
    Always keep your Meteor for Agatha's shield. Try to hit her alone with, as damages are spreaded between targets.

When one of this spell/item is up, it meens that the spell Agatha spell it correspond will be used soon. (for exemple, when Meteor is up, Agatha will use her shield soon).

You can sometimes use dragon's breath to kills shadow imps. do not forget you can delay healers with frost nova, it is especially usefull at p2 where it is more.

Last advice : do not abandon, do not get angry while fighting, stay focused. Even if you seems fucked up, try to stay alive and train to manage her abilities and most important, learn her timers. You will probably have to try a lot. I had too. Do not expect to win the first try, it was not designed to be easy. If you have a relatively low ilvl for it like me, it will be obviously more difficult, but, you can do it with this config.

Did it as 902 fury warrior yesterday. Used heal wrists and whirlwind belt, terrorbound nexus and scorpyron trinkets. Focused on single targeting the healing imps with ocasional whirlwinds in place of furious slashes during p1, during p2 mostly tried to kill healing imps together with the umbral spawns or if more than 2 were alive.

Got this as 896 ilvl fire mage.

Trinkets : Burning sky (normal)
    Pharamere grimoire (heroic)

Legs : Darckli (helm) + Koralon (belt)

talents : 2111313

Strat:

Use all your CD including BL, Meteor, Combustion, Mirror image, Phoenix(x3), Pharamere & Living bomb(as it will kill the first imps) at pull.

Only keep Dragon's breath for healers imps.

U must set the boss at ~ 67% before the first shield.
    when your meteor is ~ 5 sec remaing CD, keep a pyroblast proc, a phoenix and a fire blast.

When she use her first shield, u must deny it as quickly as possible as she will spawn shadow imps that imune her. other spawns will be less critical.
    Try to kick her before. If you aren't enable to, you are probably fucked up, but you can try killing them quickly by using pharamere, lb and dragon's breath.

Kills most of the small imps she spawn that want to explode on u. You don't want the room to be flooded at p2.

Always keep your pharamere for shadow/flamming imps spawn. use it in combination with lb.
    Try to keep your Dragons breath for healers. finish them with mono spells. Scorch help alot with Koralon here. it has a great dps and give you procs to dmg Agatha.
    Always keep your Meteor for Agatha's shield. Try to hit her alone with, as damages are spreaded between targets.

When one of this spell/item is up, it meens that the spell Agatha spell it correspond will be used soon. (for exemple, when Meteor is up, Agatha will use her shield soon).

You can sometimes use dragon's breath to kills shadow imps. do not forget you can delay healers with frost nova, it is especially usefull at p2 where it is more.

Last advice : do not abandon, do not get angry while fighting, stay focused. Even if you seems fucked up, try to stay alive and train to manage her abilities and most important, learn her timers. You will probably have to try a lot. I had too. Do not expect to win the first try, it was not designed to be easy. If you have a relatively low ilvl for it like me, it will be obviously more difficult, but, you can do it with this config.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am 903 fury war, and i had only 1 problem:
    I have no Prydaz.
    I do great damage, enough damage, bur my max was the beginning of p2, where i simply dont have HP.
    All fury wars i've seen ingame and in vids worn Prydaz on kill, and it does miracle, honestly.
    I just love my health slowly, and simply cannot refill it over time.

It is very injust for how much the chances to kill grow when you have Pryd.
    Im not yelling "blizz suck" or anything, but yeah, i do whine. I don't like it.
    I am quite sure i'd deal with that having Prydaz.
    Perhaps ilvl scaling and turning off legendaries/bonuses for the fight could make it better.
    (P.S. i feel good with my ilvl, but others maybe.. )

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    event that required absolutly zero skill and simply just some gear (fire mage). Until you can break shield fast enough (905+ at least with 800k+ dps) its just waste of time. With 910+ must be ez as hell. Problem not in heal at all - you just cannot remove shield in time if you are below 900. And this is the only reason why you can die here. Adds aint a real problem here.
    This is kinda true, the only hard part for fire mage is having the right items. I put about 5-6 attempts into it, switched gear around and got 42nd trait then went in and 2 shot it. With the gear, it becomes one of the easiest fights out of all the classes since there's not really too many mechanics to worry about. The appearance isn't really that great either imo, already went back to the hidden one -_-

Feral Guide to Agatha. Slow & Controlled 8-10~ minute kills.

Before you start reading this, i want to emphasize that i made this happen at ilvl 901 over a 9 minute encounter. This fight is entirely about control, not about killing Agatha. Agatha will die if you're doing mechanics properly, just not as fast as you're probably expecting to. If you're killing searing imps quick, making sure fume imps don't auto-die, and prioritizing umbral imps, the fight will progress until she falls. To anyone who's a fan of the Souls series, i encourage you to approach this challenge with the same mindset. This fight is not a race, it is a progressive victory based on your ability to prioritize your enemies and follow mechanics.

I put 25~ attempts in as Feral at 901 ilvl, using the Luffa bracers and the Cinidaria belt as my choice legendaries. With how spread out the imps are, i felt it imperative to use the bracers to minimize my energy spent while blanketing Thrash while aiding my AOE DPS from +30% damage to targets over 90% HP from the belt. I also felt my best option was to use the belt over Prydaz for the simple fact that low HP adds are constantly spawning throughout the fight, meaning it's rare for you to not have a mob over 90% HP. Since the belt recovers 100% of the damage you do to targets over 90%, keeping yourself alive is very easy. Turning and Ferocious Biting an full health add becomes an instant 1M+ heal. Or two Blood Talon swipes on Agatha + Searing imps for an easy 2.5M heal.

My roadblocks were following the common recommendation of ignoring searing imps. If you check the damage taken from your meters, i can assure you that searing imps are by far the greatest source of incoming damage, focusing them down means you can pace yourself way more efficiently without needing to monitor your incoming ramp-up damage or worrying that you won't be able to outheal with Regrowth. Even the umbral imps aren't as stressful if searing imps aren't racking up a damage modifier. On three occasions I got to 11%-15% before failing to follow my add priority thanks to the adrenaline in me going wild in the heat of the moment knowing i had the kill in the bag, then abruptly losing it. My most beneficial discovery was the importance of killing the fume imps, rather than allowing them to complete their cast and die.

Legendaries & Trinkets:
    • Luffa - [The AOE range felt essential]
    • Cinidaria - [I don't have a Prydaz, so the healing from damage to targets over 90% health was my secondary option (and an excellent one i'll add. Fuck prydaz)]
    • Convergence of Fate [Absolutely wonderful on this fight, don't let people tell you otherwise. Between all the thrashing + swiping you'll be doing from Predator procs, you'll be seeing Berserk coming off cooldown before even realize it]
    • Draught of Souls [There are better options, this was an oh shit button for when i need to clear packs/break shield fast]. Many attempts it went unused where others it actually cost me the attempt. My other option was a Frond however auto-attacks aren't too reliable, so you'd be mostly getting the +agi bonus and an unused Equip function. Use your best judgment.]

Talents:
    • Predator - A must as this fight is jam packed with constant adds, allowing you to top off your Energy very often.
    • Wild Charge - A personal preference, though Displacer Beast is arguably going to be better here to avoid Fume Imp patches
    • Balance Affinity - Another must, adds being spaced out too far to rely on thrash/swipe is a loss
    • Mighty Bash - I like this one for keeping fume imps under control as it doubles as a 1-button interrupt+stun, letting you stop an imp from dropping a puddle smack dab under the boss. Mass entanglement has a ton of functionality here as well being a 30s root with a 30s cooldown but i'm not sure if it breaks on bleed damage or not with the Artifact Talent that prevents it from breaking under the effects of Entangling "Roots".
    • Savage Roar - Incarnation can shine here especially with convergeance, causing more berserks for longer durations, however you'll be pressed for DPS checks during down-times. I recommend biting down and taking Savage Roar as you should be for every boss in Legion, as it is vastly the superior talent
    • Jagged Wounds - Another no-brainer, don't rock the boat. Take jagged wounds
    • Bloodtalons - Blood talons is extremely strong in this encounter, weighing it much higher than Brutal Slash as a counter-part. Given you'll be swiping instead of shredding for the majority of combo point builds, you'll have an abundance of combo points, meaning predator swiftness procs out the wazoo, resulting in an absurd amount of blood talon procs. This let's you rely on Blood Talon boosting Thrash+Swipes to clean up adds in a split. Using Brutal slash (3 charges with a 30 second full recharge time and eliminating Swipe from your rotation), results in windows of time where your only AOE throughput is Thrash. This results in a lot of ST requirement for the Umbral Imps, and you will quickly fall behind. I know it's tempting, but skip Brutal Slash.

Add Priority System:
    • 1. Umbral Imps: When these guys spawn, they are your #1 priority. When they're up, Agatha takes 0 damage, meaning you're never breaking through her shield as long as even one imp is up. Her shield will fuck your day up if you ignore these imps. Don't challenge the power of the umbral imps, get rid of them asap.
    • 2. Searing Imps: Get these guys down asap. Don't let them ramp up their modifier, don't let them free cast while you burn the boss. Be patient, this fight is about controlling your adds. Their damage modifier can really get away from you if you're spending time kiting fume imps with low energy and you'll be dead before you know it.
    • 3. Fume Imps: Here's the thing with the fume imps and why i'm prioritizing them over Agatha and the healing servants. The fume imps die on their own, they run at you, kill themselves and you no longer have to deal with them anymore. The problem here, you're eventually going to be hard pressed for space after they're covering the ground with movement impairing death. So while you absolutely can let some of these go off, i found it way more beneficial to Thrash, Rake + kite until it dies. Them dying with a dot on gives you your Predator proc getting you a fresh Tiger's Fury (crucial for taking out imp packs), as well as prevents a puddle on the ground which will save your life at 50%/40%/30%/20%/10% when you're moving up and down the hallway, or standing in the most perfect spot ever to dps Agatha from since you killed that imp earlier.
    • 4. Agatha: This isn't a race to get her down, this is a control fight. Keep Rake and Rip on Agatha and buff with Blood Talons if you can, but don't sweat it if you're not hitting every one like you're used to. Try and ensure every Clearcasting is used for Thrash as well. This benefits as it will regularly hit 3+ targets as well as caues your Shreds+Swipes to do a bit more damage if you're rocking your 4-piece bonus. Agatha doesn't do a lot of damage, although she's the boss, she's the most ignorable add of them all. She'll die eventually but her adds will kill you.
    • 5. Imp Servants: I put these guys on the bottom of the totem pole, the heal they do is more of a slight annoyance than anything. If you're running your ST rotation, you're going to out DPS their heal regardless and then they'll bleed to death before Umbral Imps come out-- if they don't, you can thrash + swipe them down with them. These guys (like the Fume Imps) get a Thrash + Rake + Swipe, that's it. Don't dump combo points into these guys, let them bleed out. You can also hit one with a rake + thrash followed by a Predators Swiftness procced Entangling Root to have them bleed out in your roots outside of their heals range.

The mindset i had the most success success with was ensuring regrowth had a 100% up time, and to dump 5x combo points into Agatha every single opportunity to force Predator's Swiftness rather than holding them for efficiency. This allowed for Blood Talon buffed Thrash + Swipes which would help clear packs very quickly without having to spec into Brutal Slash (which i'd advise against btw). The burst you're offered with your 3 Brutal Slash CDs isn't enough to clear the AOE targets you need to, giving up Swipe + Blood Talons will be the death of you. Don't spec for Brutal Slash.

Berserk is a wonderful utility to use for cleaning up the 50% HP add packs if you have 2-4 Imp Servants up when Searing Imps spawn in. Allowing you to Berserk+Thrash+Swipe until the cows come home. The majority of my Berserk uses have been to clear packs of adds as opposed to Single Targe.t

Phases:
    P1 100%-50% HP: This is the easy part, keep on top of your adds, don't get cocky, don't try to push her early. And for god sake, when she rolls, make sure you don't leave even a single Searing Imp behind.

[P2] 50%/30%/10% HP is when the fights the hardest, she warps to a tiny room in the back without a whole lot of room for movement and begins dropping boulders (that will do about 70% of your health with Survival Instincts up. They'll also quickly kill you if you're under them as they're landing. Be mindful when chasing imps in the vicinity of boulders dropping. If you're lucky, she'll have 0 adds up when she rolls into these windows. If you're not, you'll have 1-2 Imp Servants, possibly a fume and/or searing imps. Don't worry about the Imp Servants. Just like before, hit them with a Thrash and a Rake and move on. Let them slow-walk to the boss and deal with them when they get there through cleaving. I can't stress enough how minuscule the healing is compared to the time you're saving by not focusing them. Do not neglect the Fume Imps here, there's very little room to let them go off so if you're looking for a good opportunity to Bash/Maim, here it is. Don't let those fumes get casts off in this area. Kite them away even if it affords you some HP% lost due to healing servants. At 10%, she'll have had two phases in this tiny room to drop as many fume imps as she can (4-6). Meaning that's 4-6 pools you'll have to maneuver around while boulders are falling, while umbral imps are teleporting. Don't neglect the fume imps. I can't stress this enough.

[P3] 40%/20% She warps to the very front of the room. Again, make sure you're not leaving behind any adds if they're not Servants (thrash+rake). Watch your butt for boulders, never forget about the boulders. While watching for boulders, don't forget about Fume Imps. P3 locations are the safest locations to drop imps at, but make sure they're off to the side if you must let them suicide.

Keep in mind that each area is as important as the next to perform well in. If you do poorly in one phase, know you'll be fighting in that area again in only 20%. If you get lazy with fume imps, they'll punish you for it next time you come back.

Good luck! And hopefully my notes can help someone get their cool new cat.

905 feral pov, luffas+cinidaria. i didn't focus quite as much on the channeling healing adds as some other folks and i got a very clean kill and forgot to use lust. maybe someone will find this helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    905 feral pov, luffas+cinidaria. i didn't focus quite as much on the channeling healing adds as some other folks and i got a very clean kill and forgot to use lust. maybe someone will find this helpful.
    i keep telling other ele shamans this, the boss healing is demoralising but it's never going to kill you, these adds are not important, even if you get 4 healing imps up, stormkeeper+liquid magma = bye bye then you've cleared and start pushing the boss.

i think the hardest part for most is simply making healing imps top prio which is totally wrong if any other imps are currently alive, imps killing you, imps making the boss immune, or letting an exploding imp drop shit in the middle of the floor and knock you back are all worse than the boss healing 3% hp AND if she has shield and is being healed, you still dps her to break the shield and interrupt instead of stopping her healing.

Deleted
    Hello, i just did this as an elemental shaman with 906 ilvl, I did the zerg tactic using root totem + ascendance using legendary belt and sephuz ring, I just wanted to give a tip that I found useful: If you have the legendary helm you can equip it before you pull and lust to get it's effects and then swap it out for a different legendary before you pull, so you essentially get the benefits of 3 legendarys

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post

Of course handling imps is always a lot easier when you have luffa
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2017-04-14 at 03:26 AM.

After struggling with this fight for one and a half hour and only getting her to 30%. I was looking for anything to give me a boost, and I'm surprised no one else tried this. Use Spiced Wildfowl Omelet, it gives 10% haste and 10% movement speed after killing a mob and last for 1 min. It took 2 tries after using that food. Hope it might help someone else.

Finally did it after way too many tries, doing it without having slept properly and goofing around isnt ideal :S

As a fury warrior with 895 gear (Gronntooth) otherwise 898 gear with CoF, things i can say, at the kill had 986K DPS, had higher ones but wiped at 1-10% by my stupidity wayyy too many times.

You need a passive AOE trinket, i have Terrorbound Nexus (Scales with all your haste buffs, ends up proccing wayy too many times, did 35m during my kill) a good skorp trinket works also, wiped at 0.5% with wearing both Nexus and Skorp trinket instead of Gronn or CoF.

Spiced Wildfowl Omelet is a must, unless you are 910 + equipped or something then its overkill but its a must overall, the 10% Haste is broken.

Luck with positioning of imps as they spawn/teleport is a huge factor, can literally destroy you how Umbral teleports behind the timed falling rocks and you just stare at it while she nukes you.

Not dropping Fuming imps around her on P2 is mega important to be able to watch her abilities, not because of the slow/damage, dropping them at P1 is mostly /care since you leap from side to side, but on her during P2 it can destroy you since there are so many effects on the ground and it hides the fel lava pool.

If you fear the healing imps correctly and they run for their full duration they will come back meeleing and will never heal her, sometimes it bugs and 1 heals but 9/10 times if they run their full duration/length they will not heal her.

Both Avatar/Wrecking ball work, depends on how well you manage wrecking ball, Avatar helped me with the last few executes.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-14 at 07:00 AM.

WOW thank you that haste food helped me finish it off!