Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Woo finally got it, took about 3 attempts today. On my win attempt, i had an issue and couldn't get nemesis since eruption was on cooldown, also my meta was still on cd for the start as well.

The bracers i got this week helped a lot dealing with the adds

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how to track the skins? i am working on my RBG wins

Just did it after some triggering close calls last time tower was up. I should preface by saying I did NOT have Prydaz or Achor equipped at all. I also do not have Anger of the Half-Giants so I was pretty shafted on both raw output and mitigation. I also forgot to use Drums on Demonboi. I used Mastery Food, Flask and Runes. LOTS of them.

Xylem Phase: 907 ilvl - 3/3/2/3/2/2/3 - Raddon's + Sephuz - Jacen's Ruse (895/885), 2-Set Tier, Foci+BTI (42C/16H/34M)

Demon Phase: 905 ilvl - 2/2/3/3/2/1/1 - Mo'arg + Sephuz - Jacen's Ruse (895/885), 4-Set Tier, Foci+BTI (45C/11H/30M)

-Xylem Phase-

Had to REALLY micromanage Demonic to leech when i REALLY needed it. Since I had only 2-Set Tier during this phase I tried to Blade Dance as much as possible and just spammed Annihilation during my Meta/Demon form. I strictly only used Chaos Nova for Ice Shards. There were a couple times the orbs from Chaos Nova went to shitty points or Xylem went to a crappy spot, so I used Raddon's so I could memebeam onto Ice Shards and Xylem to help spawn a few orbs near me and get beam off CD again. For images I just big boy zoomed over to him. Second images phase I almost fucked up and got an image down with 2% hp left. Just tried to use Imprison and Fel Eruption as much as I could while also dumping damage as fast as I could as the more rotations of his mechanics I got, the more chances I had to take damage I couldn't passively deal with via Prydaz absorb or Achor leech.

I can't even recall how many times I died to panic using Chaos Nova during Ice Phase or not reaching him in Images fast enough or dying to an Image finishing me off while trying to get one down in a panic. I just kept trying and trying so don't give up. But my way was definitely the path of most resistance.

-Demonboi Phase-

Swapped to the Felblade raid build with Bloodlet+Bracers. I used my Fel Eruption after the adds were dead and boss was out of defile. I got lucky and had Claw/Foci(Mastery)/Jacen's all reproc on pull for the demon, which 100% helped me kill the boss. Forgot to drums so that might have helped me, but I got the job done regardless. Killed boss during his third channel with 3-4 mil hp left and I was at around 30K HP. I definitely did not do this clean, but you only gotta win once so GG. This was also the only time I ever saw the Demonboi phase, so I guess I can say if you got the gear, the RNGesus procs and know how to kill adds, you can definitely one-shot this phase.

In closing I'll just say since I don't have AOTHG/Prydaz/Achor, I would like to thank really good procs and the band Analepsy for getting me through this. If you are still struggling with this, just remember to not give up. Sometimes it's good to take a step back, take a breather, reorganize/restrat, or throw on some music to get you in the zone.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Seriously I can't finish the mirror image phase, it's so annoying...

I can't get in time to fel rush to him even when I do the bubble I will just die after the 1st bubble.

I can easilly manage the first part but the images is stressing me out I have no idea what to do. I've seen the vids but people easilly fel rush 2x and meta to get to him, but I can't do it at all.

Edit:

Finally managed to complete the 1st mirror phase, a bit with luck I guess but it's progress. I died at the second mirror image phase tho..
    Last edited by Reydan; 2017-04-14 at 08:47 AM.

ended up getting it with very little room left 892 equipped Mo'arg and AotHG (probably carried me through :/) not a fan of first blood so just stuck with bloodlet for xylem phase. When I first started arcane phase was super stressful to me by the end i got it on try 38 or somewhere around arcane felt like a break. No manic rush to find where he ported to but rather just dash where i thought he went kill an add easily heal up off the soul fragment and kill a nice path with throw glaives.

I was rather sloppy on interrupts to be honest missing a lot and getting pretty low because of it. Using imprison as a pseudo cc helps a lot. I was worried my gear level might be a bit low for the burn but it was alright if close at the end as i only had about 8 yards of space left. I can't comment on how adds would be outside of the bracers but make sure your using every consumable at your disposal (double pot, food, flask health potions or lock rocks) the dps requirement is very steep.

Deleted
    Mage tower is now available in EU. Have someone a good video guide? Didn´t try it till now because I´m too afraid of it.

Any tips on beating the phase where there are globes everywhere? I have all the relevant legendaries, and have np getting to him if he can be reached by double jump, and 2 fel rushes.

but when he can't, I get rekt

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Got a huge fucking bug, Void following me with the cast when I go away.
    Don't interrupt the boss. If you interrupt the cast, the Void Creature follows you and pretty much gets insta healed.

Can any1 tell me how to deal with the arcane phase? Do I need to wait for a certain cast to interrupt him and drag him to the middle ? Last few attempts I did I interrupted him and he did bareley follow me into the middle just doing another cast almost instantly.

I'am also wondering which legendary to use if you do NOT want to change spec for P2. My missing legs are prydaz, shoulders and trinket. Which combo would you recommend ?
    Last edited by Seyon; 2017-04-14 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Don't interrupt the boss. If you interrupt the cast, the Void Creature follows you and pretty much gets insta healed.
    Yeah I must have interrupted by mistake/reflex without being conscious ... but I didn't interrupt later on for sure and still TP Azshara like a deserter (but boss didn't follow). There is a bug whatever ...

I consistently found a method, my own method that works well to reach Void nearly everytime, but DPS on adds is far too low with standart ST Spec in 900 ilvl (I d'ont recommand Chaos Blade for < 905 ilvl), quite good with Demonic DPS build including Chaos Cleave, but I suffer on boss DPS with that ... and yet I'm at 650k DPS on it (so the 600K DPS requirement is wrong, you need more).
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-04-14 at 12:27 PM.

Figuring out the timing for when he is going to mirror images was the single most time consuming part of getting this guy down for me. It was the difference between 10 attempts and the 43 it actually took me.

However, there is actually some predictability to his behavior and when he is going to switch phases, and if you pay close attention to it and figure out the timing, p1 becomes a breeze.

The key takeaway is this: boss mirror images every time he phase changes.

If you tunnel boss when he's phase changing, feels like there is about a 90% chance that he'll port far enough away that a VR+FR+FR wont get you to him ontime.

The trick to handling him reliably every time, is this: when you think you're getting near a phase change, stop hitting him. Theres no dps check. Run to the middle. You should have fel eruption and consume magic available to interrupt his casts, and if he gets 1-2 off it shouldn't be a big deal. When he phase changes, he always starts the cast of the new phase before he ports. So say you're in frost phase, if you see "arcane barrage" start casting, you know that you have about 1/2 second before he ports. If you're sitting at a ranged distance right in the middle of the room, you can throw an imprison on him right as he starts casting it, and then when he ports, its very easy to see where, and 2 fel rushes are enough to get you to him 100% of the time from the middle of the room. You dont even need to get tricky with interrupts this way.

Once you get this timing down, phase one will go from being "I got lucky and saw phase 2 once" to "I could do phase one for 3 hours pretty easily." Its very rinse and repeat, and nothing should ever surprise you. I dont even meta in phase one because it just isn't necessary and it throws off my timings for frost phase.

Speaking of frost phase, here's a couple tricks you can do: if you do it right, you'll never use any interrupt other than consume magic, and you'll only have to use it once per port.

Take unleashed power for the faster, no cost chaos nova.

He imprisons you in ice. AoE stun, double jump over to him, interrupt, and drag him toward middle. Eyebeam the pile of ice for an instant eyebeam reset and demonic activation. DPS boss for 8 seconds. When demonic falls off, you should have another eyebeam up. Eyebeam boss. dps him for another 8 seconds. He then ports, and you stun and repeat. Interrupts and paying attention to casts becomes negligable, leggos dont matter because you're sitting on like 95% uptime on demonic, and you can save all your interrupts for arcane phase.

Phase two, make sure you take master of the glaive and bloodlet, bracers or not having that slow is vital and three target cleave bloodlet beats out first blood. The dps check in p2 isn't that intense.

Edit: I would recommend making a WA that tracks if youre standing in the crushing darkness. Its like a 10 minute boss fight and having an attempt go down the drain because you tunneled the boss slightly too hard in p2 is a major downer. Mine made an air horn noise at me if I was standing in it.

Edit #2: Time to start the tank challenge! RIP getting a chance to make attempts at it before nerf

Edit #3: I'm struggling to get instant interrupts on the boss for drain life because I'm still trying to get the feel of the rest of the instance and not paying as much attention as I should be. I'd like to set up a weakaura for a noise when a focus target starts a specific cast, is this possible?
    Last edited by Killface1; 2017-04-14 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Figuring out the timing for when he is going to mirror images was the single most time consuming part of getting this guy down for me. It was the difference between 10 attempts and the 43 it actually took me.

However, there is actually some predictability to his behavior and when he is going to switch phases, and if you pay close attention to it and figure out the timing, p1 becomes a breeze.

The key takeaway is this: boss mirror images every time he phase changes.

If you tunnel boss when he's phase changing, feels like there is about a 90% chance that he'll port far enough away that a VR+FR+FR wont get you to him ontime.

The trick to handling him reliably every time, is this: when you think you're getting near a phase change, stop hitting him. Theres no dps check. Run to the middle. You should have fel eruption and consume magic available to interrupt his casts, and if he gets 1-2 off it shouldn't be a big deal. When he phase changes, he always starts the cast of the new phase before he ports. So say you're in frost phase, if you see "arcane barrage" start casting, you know that you have about 1/2 second before he ports. If you're sitting at a ranged distance right in the middle of the room, you can throw an imprison on him right as he starts casting it, and then when he ports, its very easy to see where, and 2 fel rushes are enough to get you to him 100% of the time from the middle of the room. You dont even need to get tricky with interrupts this way.

Once you get this timing down, phase one will go from being "I got lucky and saw phase 2 once" to "I could do phase one for 3 hours pretty easily." Its very rinse and repeat, and nothing should ever surprise you. I dont even meta in phase one because it just isn't necessary and it throws off my timings for frost phase.

Speaking of frost phase, here's a couple tricks you can do: if you do it right, you'll never use any interrupt other than consume magic, and you'll only have to use it once per port.

Take unleashed power for the faster, no cost chaos nova.

He imprisons you in ice. AoE stun, double jump over to him, interrupt, and drag him toward middle. Eyebeam the pile of ice for an instant eyebeam reset and demonic activation. DPS boss for 8 seconds. When demonic falls off, you should have another eyebeam up. Eyebeam boss. dps him for another 8 seconds. He then ports, and you stun and repeat. Interrupts and paying attention to casts becomes negligable, leggos dont matter because you're sitting on like 95% uptime on demonic, and you can save all your interrupts for arcane phase.

Phase two, make sure you take master of the glaive and bloodlet, bracers or not having that slow is vital and three target cleave bloodlet beats out first blood. The dps check in p2 isn't that intense.

Edit: I would recommend making a WA that tracks if youre standing in the crushing darkness. Its like a 10 minute boss fight and having an attempt go down the drain because you tunneled the boss slightly too hard in p2 is a major downer. Mine made an air horn noise at me if I was standing in it.

Edit #2: Time to start the tank challenge! RIP getting a chance to make attempts at it before nerf
    The key for me was not to take much damage before arcane transition, so Meta right after the first transition is very good.
    I'm still struggling with P2, choosed to take Chaos Cleave with demonic build, dunno whether Bloodlet would be more efficient without Bracers ... Chaos Cleave is amazing with CO.

- - - Updated - - -

OK Guys, finally did it too ... here is my "keys" for the fight to help low ilvl / no Mo'arg / Sephuz / Belt whatever:

Xylem (3 3 1 (yeah, Chaos Cleave is amazing) 1 2 2 3 / Ring + Raddon)
    ====
    1) Try it under 900 ilvl without the appropriate gear / leg is imho to shoot a bullet in the feet
    2) Unless you have shoulders, you won''t have meta for Void if you use it for 2nd transition. Instead, use it for the first arcane phase, right after the first transition for lowering input damage.
    3) For transitions: try the double fel rush / double jump using Blur at the start of it for acceleration and if you "feel" you won't reach it, use Netherwalk + VR
    4) Don't use Fel eruption approaching the 20% life, switch for Nemesis for Void

Void ( 3 3 1 3 3 1 3 / Ring + Raddon too)
    ====
    5) use Nemesis + Meta + BL + Old War pre-pot at first
    6) Sequence FoTI, Chaos Burn, Slow glaive, Eye Beam, Chaos Cleave spam + Slow glaive won't be a problem to kill adds
    7) Once your nemesis is up, keep it for next set of adds + Another Old war or Power to ensure the set

Deleted
    I just did without the bracers or the neck. Used Anger and Kil jadens both phases.

Saved the trinket for mirror image phase incase i ran into a problem same with fel eruption as they both 1 shot the casters. Then in the last phase i ran 2/2/3/3/3/1/1

Had no problems at all with the void walker adds having the snare from master of the glavie and having 2 throw glavies seemed way better (i took bloodlet without the bracers and it was more then fine too) then having the free stun. I had trinket for them but it was overkill and i should have used for boss.

Got my 10RBG Wins as well

Deleted
    Got mine done last night (80 odd pulls between first and second time mage tower going up).
    Character specs: 900ilvl and 42 traits.
    P1 Build: 2221223
    P1 Legos: Achor and Prydaz
    P2 Build: 2231311
    P2 Legos: AotHG and Moarg

Couldn't have done it without the contributions here, thanks and good luck to the rest.
    Note: Many attempts in P2 struggling with the dps check, killed it the try I switch Arcanodigit Golem (900) for DMF trinket (870).
    Last edited by mmoc3619dc7e61; 2017-04-14 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Got mine done last night (80 odd pulls between first and second time mage tower going up).
    Character specs: 900ilvl and 42 traits.
    P1 Build: 2221223
    P1 Legos: Achor and Prydaz
    P2 Build: 2231311
    P2 Legos: AotHG and Moarg
    lol man your positioning/kiting of the boss on the last phase was the worst one I've seen! You made it way tougher on yourself than it needed to be by letting him skip big sections of the platform....but hey you got him down so that's what matters. I couldn't read the numbers on the meter but you must have brought some pretty big deeps in that phase. Congrats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    lol man your positioning/kiting of the boss on the last phase was the worst one I've seen! You made it way tougher on yourself than it needed to be by letting him skip big sections of the platform....but hey you got him down so that's what matters. I couldn't read the numbers on the meter but you must have brought some pretty big deeps in that phase. Congrats.
    Thanks! Yeah I agree my positioning in the that last phase could've been a lot better by taking it closer to the sides.

I am really struggling at the transition phase in the arcane part. Where he eventually goes back to the mirror phase, I can maybe get the first one but the second time I always fail. I can't seem to get him back in the middle in this part of the fight, this way I can't make it with 2x FR. Also I don't have the time this way to kill one add and sit in the bubble...it's getting super frustrating right now!

start moving before he transitions. You can eat a cast or two. you have three ranged interrupts

Nothing like a Fel Rush DC when you have the P2 boss at <5%! Le sigh. Definitely getting it this time around!

I spend countless attempts before there was an established guide dying almost instantly when he would port - I just didn't think to check my minimap or look for a shimmer. I guess those just aren't things I normally do, you know?

I'm running with Shoulders/Neck at around 905 and am definitely capable of it in this setup. I'm also running Felblade instead of Blind Fury; I just don't like being locked in one place that long, maybe it's just me.

The tank challenge keeps resetting for me after killing Variss, right when Kruul spawns. Korvas and Velen are fine, I'm fine, but everything despawns and I just have to start over. Not super fun.